UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

76 views
General Chat - anything Goes > Be careful of what you 'like' on Facebook.

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by Karen (new)

Karen Lowe | 2336 comments Oh typical. Can't do anything these days without someone finding an angle to exploit it. Grrr. Luckily I'm too idle to 'like' much on FB, but I will be more wary in future


Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Yeah, that was my thought as well, Karen.

End of the day, everyone is out make a buck.

Interesting how we use the term 'buck' rather than 'pound' or 'ruble' or 'rupee' or 'euro'...

I have a yen to explore that further.


message 4: by David (new)

David Manuel | 1147 comments Patti (baconater) wrote: "Yeah, that was my thought as well, Karen.

End of the day, everyone is out make a buck.

Interesting how we use the term 'buck' rather than 'pound' or 'ruble' or 'rupee' or 'euro'...

I have a yen ..."


http://www.snopes.com/language/offense/buck.asp


Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments I have never before heard of that, David!

I'm getting mighty sick of living in a society where so many people are seeking out every opportunity to feel offended.


message 6: by David (new)

David Manuel | 1147 comments Patti (baconater) wrote: "I have never before heard of that, David!

I'm getting mighty sick of living in a society where so many people are seeking out every opportunity to feel offended."


Neither had I until I googled "Why does buck mean a dollar?" And I agree about people being too easily offended, but for a different reason. I mean, what's the point when it's so easy to offend people? Being offensive used to be a skill!


Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Skill? Easy as falling off a bike for me. :D


message 8: by David (new)

David Manuel | 1147 comments Patti (baconater) wrote: "Skill? Easy as falling off a bike for me. :D"

You're a master at offending people! Please! No false modesty! It offends me...


Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Hehehe


message 10: by Tim (new)

Tim | 9478 comments Someone out to scam a few quid/bucks? It was ever thus!


message 11: by David (new)

David Hadley | 4873 comments Patti (baconater) wrote: "Interesting how we use the term 'buck' rather than 'pound' or 'ruble' or 'rupee' or 'euro'...

I have a yen to explore that further"


https://youtu.be/sor9GzivGbk


message 12: by Tom (new)

Tom Kane (tigerbites) | 6 comments I like everything on Facebook... but I am renowned for being stupid...

The world is so complicated.

Tom


message 13: by Anna (new)

Anna Faversham (annafaversham) | 1728 comments Karen wrote: "Oh typical. Can't do anything these days without someone finding an angle to exploit it. Grrr. "

Yes, big GRRR... Thanks for the alert, Patti.


back to top