What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > man's trip to Hawaii after divorce and his spiritual journey about healing, overcoming depression, meaning of life - palm tree on cover, pre 1988

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ani (last edited Oct 06, 2016 06:21AM) (new)

Ani | 4 comments I can't remember the name of this book. My mother gave it to me 1980 - 1988. It had a scenic cover with blue sky and palm tree - Hawaii. A man goes to Hawaii after divorce - or maybe it was a break-up, death of spouse - he is depressed. His time spent in Hawaii is a spiritual journey for him finding healing. I recall a scene where he is in a Jeep going up a muddy trail in the rain. I really need to find this book again. My deceased mother inscribed a copy for me, I lent it to a friend to help them, and they lost it. Would love a copy - time for me to reread the message that was intended for me... thank you

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39319 comments Mod
Ani, was it fiction or nonfiction?

message 3: by Ani (new)

Ani | 4 comments Hi Lobstergirl, Im not sure. Im thinking it was non-fiction... thank you so much for your help. Finding this book again will mean the world to me. My mother obviously gave it to me for a reason. Im sorry the inscribed one is gone but, the message was meant for me at this time in my life, I just feel it.

message 4: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 5014 comments What time period does the story take place?
Do you remember any other characters in the book?

message 5: by Ani (last edited Oct 12, 2016 03:26PM) (new)

Ani | 4 comments I wish I did :( I know its pre 1988 bc my mom passed in 1988. Maybe mid 1900's? My mother was spiritual. Im thinking it was a self-help message. I can't remember other characters. I think I remember this man, the main character, attended a luau. I rember his Jeep ride up a muddy hill in the rain. Somehow this triggers a feeling of peace and healing for him during his period of sadness. Any help from you is so appreciated.

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39319 comments Mod
Ani, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 7: by Ani (new)

Ani | 4 comments I’m still looking. I really need to know the name...

message 8: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 4230 comments Second Chance maybe?