Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

How to Avoid Death on a Daily Basis: Book One
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Book Cover Help > Cover change

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by Dobby (new)

Dobby (dobby0390) | 4014 comments Goodreads policy is to keep all published covers on the site, as users want to shelve the cover of the copy they have. Instead, we add an alternate-cover edition. See Author FAQ and Adding an alternate-cover edition.

Here are your new alternate-cover editions:

»  Book 1
»  Book 2
»  Book 3

As the author, you can set the default edition — that is, the one that comes up in searches by title and shows on your author profile. Here's how to do that.

message 3: by V. (new) - added it

V. (mooderino) | 24 comments Thanks very much, that's great.

message 4: by Dobby (last edited Oct 06, 2016 11:01AM) (new)

Dobby (dobby0390) | 4014 comments ETA: Message #4 requesting a cover addition has been deleted by the OP

#4: In future, please always link to the book's page rather than the image page, as we have to verify the information before we can add an image.

I was unable to verify the ISBN on the publisher page. However, WorldCat had an image matching this ISBN (9780795335068), so I used that.

If you have a copy of this ebook, ISBN 9780795335068, with the cover you linked to on the publisher website, we can add that as an alternate-cover edition.

message 5: by Richard (new)

Richard Buro (rwburo1outlookcom) | 22 comments The stock cover for the following ISBN needs to be changed as follows:

ISBN # -- 9780795335068
Image currently is a generic cover.
Image from publisher's website is: http://www.rosettabooks.com/wp-conten...

Hope this helps,
Richard Buro,
Temple,TX USA

message 6: by Dobby (new)

Dobby (dobby0390) | 4014 comments #5
Richard wrote: "The stock cover for the following ISBN needs to be changed as follows:

ISBN # -- 9780795335068
Image from publisher's website is: http://www.rosettabooks.com/wp..."

Please see my response (Msg 4) to your original post. I replaced the non-cover image with the cover I found on WorldCat for this ISBN: The Manchurian Candidate

message 7: by Richard (new)

Richard Buro (rwburo1outlookcom) | 22 comments Dobby0390 wrote: "#5
Richard wrote: "The stock cover for the following ISBN needs to be changed as follows:

ISBN # -- 9780795335068
Image from publisher's website is: http://www...."

Dobby0390 wrote: "ETA: Message #4 requesting a cover addition has been deleted by the OP

#4: In future, please always link to the book's page rather than the image page, as we have to verify the information before ..."

Hi. I do have an electronic copy (ebook version) for the ISBN I put in my original post. I did verify it with the book, but it would not verify by anything, ISBN, author, etc. with the exception of the book title. That is amazing to me as the ISBN should be the lingua franca for books by publishers, authors, us, etc. Really strange, but thank you for the change. I am a member of the GR Librarians group, but this kind of thing is a bit daunting and I wanted it handled by more experienced hands than mine. Thank you very much for the assist!

Richard Buro,
Temple, TX USA

message 8: by Dobby (last edited Oct 06, 2016 05:45PM) (new)

Dobby (dobby0390) | 4014 comments #7
Richard wrote: "Hi. I do have an electronic copy (ebook version) for the ISBN I put in my original post. I did verify it with the book, but it would not verify by anything, ISBN, author, etc. with the exception of the book title. "

Thank you for verifying the ISBN/cover match. Added alternate-cover edition here with cover from the publisher.

Next time, please start a new thread, as this one is linked to a specific book.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.