World, Writing, Wealth discussion

Wealth & Economics > Competition: applause and flowers to rival or slap and sneer?

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nik (last edited Mar 04, 2018 03:15AM) (new)

Nik Krasno | 13438 comments The recent explosion of SpaceX rocket in Cape Canaveral, being investigated, at least for me, revealed the background of the emerging competition in space launch area..
https://www.washingtonpost.com/busine...
So according to WP Elon Musk needed to sue the Air Force for the right to compete for supply and to save taxpayers handsome amounts of dough.
Apparently, sometimes you need to sue for the right to compete.
I guess when you are a monopoly, you need not exactly worry about prices, do you? Long live monopoly! Isn't it a dream of every businessman?

message 2: by Nik (new)

Nik Krasno | 13438 comments Isn't monopoly a dream of every businessman? And don't they just know how to make dreams happen?

message 3: by Philip (new)

Philip (phenweb) Nik wrote: "Isn't monopoly a dream of every businessman? And don't they just know how to make dreams happen?"

When a company is more interested in market share than profit I get nervous.

message 4: by Scout (new)

Scout (goodreadscomscout) | 5332 comments Right. Monopolies set whatever price they want. Without competition, the consumer gets ripped off. I've been looking for an independent provider of Internet service in my area. There's nothing. AT&T and my city's service are it, and you have to bundle to get a fair price. I don't want to bundle. I just want a fair price for Internet service.