Perustopia Book Club discussion

Have you tried reading a book with an audiobook? What book it is?

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gervie (new)

Gervie | Kindle Guy (geb0i) | 21 comments Did you enjoyed it?

message 2: by Naninamer (new)

Naninamer | 40 comments I have read several books along with listening to the audiobook! I have dyslexia so I always found it really helpful reading along, especially if I came across a word I'm not familiar with. My favorites are Throne of Glass, Mortal Instruments and Cinder.

message 3: by Grace (new)

Grace | 19 comments Yes I've read at least 2 life as we knew it, and I'm listening to the beach street bakery both great books

message 4: by Natasha (new)

Natasha Ovies (ncovies) | 44 comments I usually use audiobooks to get through books I dont find really interesting at the beginning. I listened to the Persuasion audiobook and loved it, and I'm listening to the scarlet letter and a step towards falling

message 5: by Turah (new)

Turah | 148 comments I listen to audio books if I have a hard time getting into them at first. One audio book I listen too, I would listen, then read in the actual book. I found that quite fun. I will also listen to audio books when I have a project I'm working on.

message 6: by Lilia (new)

Lilia | 136 comments I read the 4-6 Harry Potter books and The Star-Touched Queen via audiobook and really liked it!

message 7: by Xoxoasia (new)

Xoxoasia | 103 comments Going into my free trial with audible, I didn't think I'd like it. In my mind, I was set on sticking with physical books and reading them myself. I've had Audible since July and let me say, it has been a wonderful experience. I've listened to The Heir, Anna and the French Kiss, The Martian and I'm currently listening to Outlander. Audio books are a great way to "read" multiple books at once.

message 8: by Jenna (new)

Jenna (jennamajor8) | 13 comments lol I read Harry Potter and the Dealthy Hallows as an audiobook, it was simply amazing

message 9: by Swati (new)

Swati | 95 comments I've read and listened to Harry Potter and Percy Jackson :) I really like doing it, but I'm a fast reader and very impatient... so I always read faster than the audiobook :P

message 10: by Gervie (new)

Gervie | Kindle Guy (geb0i) | 21 comments Swati wrote: "I've read and listened to Harry Potter and Percy Jackson :) I really like doing it, but I'm a fast reader and very impatient... so I always read faster than the audiobook :P"
I feel your pain. lol

message 11: by Gervie (new)

Gervie | Kindle Guy (geb0i) | 21 comments Turah wrote: "I listen to audio books if I have a hard time getting into them at first. One audio book I listen too, I would listen, then read in the actual book. I found that quite fun. I will also listen to au..."

Wouldn't it consume more time though? Anyways, glad to hear your opinion!

message 12: by Gervie (new)

Gervie | Kindle Guy (geb0i) | 21 comments Xoxoasia wrote: "Going into my free trial with audible, I didn't think I'd like it. In my mind, I was set on sticking with physical books and reading them myself. I've had Audible since July and let me say, it has ..."
Haven't got to the habit of reading multiple books at once. how many do you cycle or hold on?

message 13: by Marcio (new)

Marcio Francisco | 10 comments Hey guys , where can i find audio books ? someone knows any website ?

message 14: by Gervie (new)

Gervie | Kindle Guy (geb0i) | 21 comments Marcio wrote: "Hey guys , where can i find audio books ? someone knows any website ?"

On Audible man!

message 15: by Marcio (new)

Marcio Francisco | 10 comments thanks guy !!!

message 16: by runedbooks (new)

runedbooks | 32 comments I re-read Pride and Prejudice on audiobook (its my first audiobook ever actually!). I downloaded an app called "Audiobooks" and they have tons of free Classics audiobooks.

It was great to have an audiobook when I go on walks with my dog or workouts, but in my preference, I would opt for a real-life, paperback book to hold in my hands and devour with my eyes. There's just an unendingly charming quality of books and flipping through pages. However, audiobooks are enjoyable if for example, you're stuck in traffic or waiting for someone!

message 17: by Shawna (new)

Shawna :) (sugoishawn) | 102 comments I've listened to a lot of audiobooks. Some of my favorites were the Cirque du Freak series and The Tales of Beedle the Bard

message 18: by (new)

❁ (_weasleyisourking_) | 7 comments harry potter (poa, gof, ootp)
thirteen reasons why
the selection
one of us is lying