Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > New Adult Paranormal Romance; 109k words; Novel

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kharma (new)

Kharma Kelley | 7 comments Hello!

My name is Kharma and I'm looking for beta readers to review my book "Selenium Night." I'm looking for feedback on:

Plot: Does it make sense? Any inconsistencies?
Pacing: Does the story drag or move too fast in some areas?
Characters: Can you connect with them? Are they well-rounded?

Romance Heat level: Steamy

About the book:

Aidan Bloodlocke lived his whole life never really knowing who or what he was, until he was taken in by a pack of fellow Aristan Shadowshifters, half-human, half-wolf creatures who love as fiercely as they fight and serve one of the Twin Goddesses of the Moon. When his step-brother turns against his pack and murders his mother, Aidan pledges to bring him to justice.

Tracking him to a small town in Maine, he uncovers a betrayal so heinous; it risks the lives of every Aristan Shadowshifter he knows. In the midst of his chase, Aidan finds a beautiful veterinarian; Maddie Ardelle caught in the crossfire. She's strong, brave and despite his rule to avoid humans, he finds her irresistible to forget. Her heart is all he could want. As Aidan fights for love and duty, he finds the answers that uncover who he truly is, his destiny to lead his people and ultimately if Maddie could live in his violent world of teeth and claw.

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_pwB...

message 2: by Jaxxon (new)

Jaxxon D'Malamute | 15 comments Hi Kharma! I enjoyed your trailer video. What's your turnaround time? If it is at least a month, I can beta read for you.

message 3: by Kharma (new)

Kharma Kelley | 7 comments Hi Jaxxon! Thanks! I'm glad you liked the trailer :) I realized I've made an error in the posting as my word count is actually 110K, not 65K, so I know that will take more time.

My turnaround time is definitely a month, as I'm doing a bit of editing before giving to a beta reader. It will be ready by the end of next week and won't need to have it back till the end of November. I'm slated to publish in March 2017, so I have several rounds of edits/revisions before taking it to my line editor.

If you're interested still, let me know. I can make the manuscript available on Google Docs or can email it as a word doc.

-KK

Kharma wrote: "Hello!

My name is Kharma and I'm looking for beta readers to review my book "Selenium Night." I'm looking for feedback on:

Plot: Does it make sense? Any inconsistencies?
Pacing: Does the story d..."

message 4: by Jaxxon (new)

Jaxxon D'Malamute | 15 comments If you could email it as a word doc to jaxxonchan@gmail.com, that would be great. Thanks! Looking forward to seeing how it all ends for Aidan and Maddie.

message 5: by Kharma (new)

Kharma Kelley | 7 comments Sounds great! Thanks for your interest and I'll send the manuscript over by the end of next week!

Jaxxon wrote: "If you could email it as a word doc to jaxxonchan@gmail.com, that would be great. Thanks! Looking forward to seeing how it all ends for Aidan and Maddie."

message 6: by Jaxxon (new)

Jaxxon D'Malamute | 15 comments Hi Kharma, I've never received your manuscript. Could you confirm whether you sent it or not? If you're still working on it, that's ok. I just wouldn't want you to think I was working on it while I'm thinking that you never sent it.

message 7: by Kharma (new)

Kharma Kelley | 7 comments Hi Jaxxon,

Sorry, I was not able to send till today. I visited the boonies this weekend and had no phone signal or wi-fi...It was terrible. Anywho, I'm emailing to you now.

message 8: by Emma (new)

Emma | 4 comments Hi, this sounds like something I'd be interested in.... I read a lot of this genre. I am not a professional beta I have only previously done two books. However I'm honest and highlight and note as I'm reading with what I'm thinking or feeling about what I'm reading. If your looking for an honest readers input then please PM me :)