Christian Ladies Book Club discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
The Scarlet Thread > Chapter 5 Discussion Question

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Britnie (new)

Britnie | 352 comments Mod
In the 5th chapter they start looking into buying a house. Sierra doesn't want to because she knows that means they aren't going back to Healdsburg. Do you think if they buy a house it will end up helping Sierra feel more at home?

message 2: by Darlene (new)

Darlene I don't think that Sierra is going to feel more at home until they work out this problem in their marriage. Location means nothing if you are miserable. Alex is acting selfish and not in any way considering the feelings of his wife or his children for that matter. He is not spending time with them, preferring instead to hang out with his work buddies. Sierra now has such a bad attitude toward everyone and everything, that a new house is not going to solve anything.

message 3: by Britnie (new)

Britnie | 352 comments Mod
I think I definitely agree with that. Yes I'm sure it will be nice to get out of that little apartment, but to Sierra her home is back in Healdsburg with all her friends and other family.

message 4: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Esparza | 119 comments A home is where the heart is.
Sierra just wants her heart back. She wants Alex back. He has been so incredibly distant in every way possible since they moved to L.A. Unfortunately, I don't feel that buying a new house will help Sierra to feel more at home. Until Alex gets his head out of his butt, this will continue in a downward spiral.
If anything, going into a bigger place will just make her feel smaller and more alone.

message 5: by Michelle (last edited Oct 06, 2016 03:30PM) (new)

Michelle Esparza | 119 comments I'm really enjoying everyone's (Britnie's and Auntie Darlene's) responses. I love hearing other perspectives.
Hopefully others can join in soon.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.