Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Inglath Cooper
This topic is about Inglath Cooper
Book Issues > Incorrectly combined editions?

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Andréa (new)

Andréa (fernandie) | 152 comments One of Inglath Cooper's books is listed on here with 80 editions, but it does not appear all those editions are actually the same book -- see here: https://www.goodreads.com/work/editio...

I tried looking at the changelog in the hope I could find the spot where they were all combined and just undo that one edit, but I wasn't able to pin it down. I was wary to individually separate, though, since I'm not sure how or why so many seemingly different books got combined in the first place -- I'd hate to separate them all only to have them get combined again.

Advice? Insight? Easy way to fix it?

message 2: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42459 comments Mod
Andréa wrote: "I tried looking at the changelog in the hope I could find the spot where they were all combined and just undo that one edit"

Combines cannot be undone like that.

The separate tool is your best option for cases like this, as you can use it to separate off groups of editions.

message 3: by Andréa (new)

Andréa (fernandie) | 152 comments rivka wrote: "Combines cannot be undone like that."

Oh, interesting. I assumed it would show up in the changelog the same way other things do; I've never needed to look for it before.

Do you think it's fine if I separate the editions back out? The author is a Goodreads author, which is the other part of why I was somewhat wary to tackle it.

message 4: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42459 comments Mod
Combines do show up in the changelog. They simply do not have (cannot have) an undo link.

Andréa wrote: "Do you think it's fine if I separate the editions back out?"

Yes.