The Not a Book Club Club discussion

The Rise of Io (Io, #1)
This topic is about The Rise of Io
Wesley Chu > RoI: Section 3: Chapter 33: The Past - Epilogue (Full Spoilers)

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rob (robzak) | 6374 comments Mod
Section 3

Discuss the events of Chapter 33-Epilogue and/or the book as a whole.

No spoiler tags required. Though it would be highly appreciated if you Uncheck Add to my Update Feed to avoid accidentally spoiling things for your good read friends.

Please do not discuss events from later books. Referring back to events from a previous section is fine.

message 2: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new) - rated it 4 stars

So this last part of the book really flew by for me. I like Ella and her dynamic with Io is intersteing, but the action was kind of lacking for me until Cameron showed up.

I like how Tao totally saw through Io's treachery too. I'm glad the dynamic between Ella and Io changed a little bit.

Their escape from India was a bit of a stretch though. I guess maybe I underestimate the power of spite?

Overall, another solid book in the Quasing's world. I liked it less than The Rebirths of Tao but a lot more than Time Salvager

Suzanne | 1582 comments I agree about the last part - I enjoyed it a lot more than the rest of the book. It has been really easy for me to put down...until Cameron showed up. I liked how Ella was smart enough to figure out what Io was doing, and I really liked how Ella stayed her own person and did what SHE thought was right, instead of blindly following IO. I was glad Tao saw through Io's treachery too.

I thought the ending was pretty abrupt - at least the last sentence talking about "oh and that would destroy all life on earth."

message 4: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new) - rated it 4 stars

Hmm. I don't recall the ending anymore. Lol.