Rated YA-MA discussion

Archive > October 2016 On Deck

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stacia (the 2010 club), groupaholic (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) | 5139 comments Sorry this is late. What's on your list of potential reads for the month?

message 2: by Ashley Marie (new)

Ashley Marie Current reads The Sight (Sight, #1) by David Clement-Davies Promise of the Wolves (Wolf Chronicles, #1) by Dorothy Hearst Warm Bodies (Warm Bodies, #1) by Isaac Marion

More for this month The Monstrumologist (The Monstrumologist, #1) by Rick Yancey Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier Shoeless Joe by W.P. Kinsella Changeless (Parasol Protectorate, #2) by Gail Carriger And I Darken (The Conquerors Saga #1) by Kiersten White Frost Like Night (Snow Like Ashes, #3) by Sara Raasch

Heidi (Yup. Still here.) Ooooo so excited to hear your thoughts on Monstrumologist Ashley - are you listening to the audio of that or Changeless??

message 4: by Ashley Marie (new)

Ashley Marie audio will be Changeless, And I Darken, and possibly Rebecca

Heidi (Yup. Still here.) Yay! Let me know if you think their is an enjoyment difference when you listen to Changeless since I know you read book one in print. I just love that series on audio.

message 6: by Kelley (last edited Oct 09, 2016 05:00PM) (new)

Kelley (kstoneking) | 18 comments I am currently reading Dead Wake The Last Crossing of the Lusitania by Erik Larson , which I have been reading since September 18th. I'm finally a little over halfway, and even though it's not the most interesting book, I'm determined to finish it. Don't ask me why b/c I don't really know.

On deck for October includes: Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier , In Cold Blood by Truman Capote , Ghost Story by Peter Straub or Black House (The Talisman #2) by Stephen King (the featured author in another book club is Peter Straub), The Name of the Wind (The Kingkiller Chronicle, #1) by Patrick Rothfuss , The Witches of Willowmere (Willowmere Chronicles, #1) by Alison Baird and A Concise Chinese-English Dictionary for Lovers by Xiaolu Guo .

From the library, I've also borrowed: Darkly Dreaming Dexter (Dexter, #1) by Jeff Lindsay , 20th Century Ghosts by Joe Hill and Dark Matter by Blake Crouch in keeping with trying to read "scary" stories for October. We'll see how many I get to. :)

message 7: by Stacia (the 2010 club), groupaholic (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) | 5139 comments How did everyone do this month? What were your hits and misses?

message 8: by Ashley Marie (last edited Nov 02, 2016 01:53PM) (new)

Ashley Marie I wound up putting the Sight down, I'm currently reading Monstrumologist, and didn't get to And I Darken or Frost Like Night as planned. Otherwise--

5 stars - The Female of the Species by Mindy McGinnis Miss Spitfire Reaching Helen Keller by Sarah Miller

4.5 stars - Ready Player One by Ernest Cline reread

4 stars - Moneyball The Art of Winning an Unfair Game by Michael Lewis Warm Bodies (Warm Bodies, #1) by Isaac Marion Changeless (Parasol Protectorate, #2) by Gail Carriger Shoeless Joe by W.P. Kinsella Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier

3.5 stars - Promise of the Wolves (Wolf Chronicles, #1) by Dorothy Hearst Blameless (Parasol Protectorate, #3) by Gail Carriger

Overall a really good month! The Sight was actually a reread that I DNF'd because it just dragged.