Soul Surfer: A True Story of Faith, Family, and Fighting to Get Back on the Board Soul Surfer discussion

Book Review

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nalla (new)

Nalla Smith I have been reading a book called “Soul Surfer”. This book is written by Rick Bundschuh , Sheryl Berk, and Bethany Hamilton. Bethany Hamilton is the main character in this story. Why? Because she is the story. In this book, Bethany Hamilton is in a tragic accident while surfing Hanalei Bay in Hawaii with her friend Alana Blanchard.
This is a Non-Fiction book. Which means it’s a true story. Soul Surfer is also a movie, Bethany is played by “AnnaSophia Robb”, Bethany’s Father is played by “Dennis Quaid”, and her mother is played by “Helen Hunt”.
When Bethany goes through the terrible accident she begins to realize that her career is not over and she gets back into surfing professionally in competitions. Of course, with the love of her family and friends she’s able to get back on her board.
While going to Thailand with her church group after a Tsunami, Bethany starts to worry about others and not herself. She experiences things that no one has experienced before like seeing that some kids don’t have clean clothes, good shoes, food, and even clean water! That’s not good.
Now I was going to tell you one more thing but it would end up spoiling the whole story and I know not a lot of people like spoilers. I recommend this book for people who have had things happen to them that they didn’t know how to fix after it happened and for some beginning surfers that want to learn more about surfing and how the ocean works.
I like this book because I’ve been wanting to learn how to surf since I first saw this movie in 2011 and when I read the book it helped me get through my fear of sharks and it helped me figure out where the wipeout areas are and how to get into tunnels. There is absolutely nothing about this book that I don’t like. I love this book and I think you would too!

Anele I also agree that this is a good book and what makes me love it more is the movie I watched about it. It is 100% suitable for recommendation.