The London School Of Performing Arts discussion

Dance Class > Ballet Class

Comments Showing 1-50 of 61 (61 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Ri (new)

Ri Here is where the ballet class will be held. Please refer to the About The Dance Program folder for how class will be held.

message 2: by Ri (new)

Ri Ms. Mariano swept into the studio. She sat down at a stool by the piano and waited. Her students should arrive soon. It was supposed to be a small class today.

message 3: by purplebookworm, Ballet Queen Of Balletness (new)

purplebookworm (puplebookworm) | 671 comments Mod
Genevieve walked into the classroom, fixing her leotard as she went. She greeted her ballet teacher and proceeded to warm up. She looked around at the empty room and waited for the rest of the dancers to come.

message 4: by Zuri , Musical And Vocal Empress of Musicalness and Vocalness (last edited Oct 05, 2016 03:36PM) (new)

Zuri  (thegirlwithunicorns) | 848 comments Mod

Zuri walked in fidgeting with her black leotard nervous about the teacher and all. She saw Genevieve and said hi. SHe walked over to the bar and began to warmup.

message 5: by Ri (new)

Ri 16

Ry walked into the class. She greeted the teacher and pulled on her ballet shoes. Ry walked to the center to stretch.

message 6: by Ri (new)

Ri Miss Mariano consulted her list. "We're almost all here. Please take your place at the barre," She instructed the students. Miss Mariano took a place at the head of the barre and waited for her studentsx

message 7: by Ri (new)

Ri 16

Ry scrambled to the barre. She took a place just behind her so she could see, but still had some room. Ry stood at attention, waiting for an instruction.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Elizabeth burst into ballet class clutching all of her stuff she'd need for class. She said she was sorry for being late to the ballet mistress and took her place at a barre, pulling her shoes on as she went.

message 9: by purplebookworm, Ballet Queen Of Balletness (new)

Genevieve walked to the barre and placed herself in between to other girls. She liked to have someone to watch if she happened to forget or mess up the combo.

message 10: by Ri (new)

Ri Miss Mariano gave a nod. They were prepared. "Watch closely," She instructed them. Miss Mariano waited a moment so they could adjust. "Left hand on the barre, right en barre. Prepare 5,6,7,8. Right arm a la seconde. Feet in first. Demi plié, Demi plié, grande plié. Tendu to second. Repeat in second. Rond de jambe to fourth. Repeat. Slide to 5th. Repeat. Releve, hold for 8 counts- no hands once you find your balance. Demi to posse balance. Let go of barre in your own time, balance and slide foot to fifth sue sue. Soutane to other side. Repeat on left," She called out as she demonstrated. Miss Mariano stepped away from barre and gave a nod to the pianist. The pianist started playing the plié music.

message 11: by Zuri , Musical And Vocal Empress of Musicalness and Vocalness (new)

Zuri did what Miss Mariano said, she knew she would have to work hard because, she seemed like a very demanding teacher, Zuri knew that this class would help her get into the New York City Ballet.

message 12: by purplebookworm, Ballet Queen Of Balletness (new)

Genevieve bit her lip nervous. She knew everything except A la second. She knew the teacher wouldn't explain since everyone else probably already knew. She did her pliés. When she did her second grande plié, she leaned forward slightly. She did everything else good. When she went into posse, she wobbled a bit, found her balance for a few seconds, then went to the second side.

message 13: by Ri (new)

Ri Miss Mariano walked around the room, watching everyone carefully. "Number 22, make sure you maintain your best turnout the whole time," She reminded her. She continued watching. "Number 10, make sure your not pitching back in your second position plies. Keep that pelvis under," She corrected her. Miss Mariano had to remember to show number 10 what she meant after pliés were over. She continued watching the room.

message 14: by Zuri , Musical And Vocal Empress of Musicalness and Vocalness (new)

Zuri corrected herself, She did excatly what Miss Mariano said, she continued doing the plies

message 15: by Ri (new)

Ri 16

Ry started doing her pliés. On the grande in fourth, she leaned forward a little and lost a bit of her turnout, as well as clutched the barre. Ry knew she would have to work hard in this class.

message 16: by purplebookworm, Ballet Queen Of Balletness (new)

Genevieve nodded and tried to correct herself so she was barley leaning forward. She also had to remember to hold a pen later to help with her ballet hands. She hoped that she was doing ok.

message 17: by Zuri , Musical And Vocal Empress of Musicalness and Vocalness (new)

Zuri remembered Piano hands like her teacher taught her and she corrected her hands just in case, she really needed to put her ballet bar in her room.

message 18: by Ri (new)

Ri "16. Keep your hips and shoulders stacked during fourth plié. An rest your hands lightly placed the whole time, especially during that same plié," She said, correcting the girl. As they finished their pliés, she walked over to number 10. "Please stand in second," She instructed the girl. Miss Mariano placed one hand on the front of the girls chest and the other on her lower back. She pressed till the girls body was in a straight line. "Now grande plié," She commanded. Miss Mariano waited. While the girl was plié'ing, she was going to keep pressing so the girl would maintain a straight line.

message 19: by Zuri , Musical And Vocal Empress of Musicalness and Vocalness (new)

Yes, she didn come to me, Zuri thought, she was going to have to keep doing good if she wanted to do good.

message 20: by purplebookworm, Ballet Queen Of Balletness (new)

Genevieve did as the teacher told her. She went into her grande, Miss Mariano helping her along the way. She could feel the difference between this and what she was doing.

message 21: by Ri (new)

Ri Miss Mariano pressed and kept the girl in a line. "You see what I mean?" She checked with with girl. "Moving on," Miss Mariano declared. She walked to the head of the barre. "Tendús, Degages, Frappes," She announced. "5th position left hand on the barre. Right in front. Tendu devant close fifth. Degage devant close fifth. Tendu a l seconde close in front. Degage a la seconde close back. Repeat back. Tendu a l a seconde close back. Degage a la seconde close front. Coupe flexed foot. Frappe devant, bring back to flexed coupe. Repeat side, back, and side again. Double frappe front, side, back, side. Finish in 5th front. Releve, plié, single pirouette en de dhour at the barre. Slide to sue sue and soutane to repeat left," She demonstrated. Miss Mariano nodded to start the music and watch her students.

message 22: by Zuri , Musical And Vocal Empress of Musicalness and Vocalness (new)

Zuri placed her hands in piano hand postion on the bar and fixed her turn out.

message 23: by purplebookworm, Ballet Queen Of Balletness (new)

Genevieve was honestly a little overwhelmed. She did as the teacher told, watching the girl in front of her so she didn't get lost. She did it all very well and hoped Miss Mariano was satisfied.

message 24: by Grace (new)

Grace (markedforcourt) 3

Carling sprinted down the hall and slid to a stop just before the door. He knocked on the door and waited to be let in. Hopefully he wouldn't get into too much trouble.

message 25: by Ri (new)

Ri Miss Mariano welcomed the new comer. "Take a place at the barre," She instructed him. "One last exercise at the barre," Miss Mariano informed her class. She took her place. "First position. Rond de jambe en de dhour, close first. Rond de jambe en de dhan, close first. Grande rond de jambe en lair, close 5th behind. Derrie grand battement, repeat side and front. Releve. Plié. Single foutee. Hold posse. Slid down to 5th releve. Soutane to other side repeat," She told the class. Miss Mariano nodded to start the exercise and she watched like a hawk.

message 26: by Zuri , Musical And Vocal Empress of Musicalness and Vocalness (new)

Zuri began doing the exercise, yet again doing it to her own beat, she hoped the teacher didn't mind.

message 27: by Ri (new)

Ri "Number 22, stay in time with the music," Miss Mariano said sharply. There was a live piano playing right over there! Why wasn't the girl going with the music?

message 28: by Zuri , Musical And Vocal Empress of Musicalness and Vocalness (new)

Zuri continued doing it to her on beat, this music was way to slow for her.

message 29: by purplebookworm, Ballet Queen Of Balletness (new)

Genevieve did what Miss Mariano said. It was hard. She hoped to keep up, but she knew she would end up better than before.

message 30: by Ri (new)

Ri "Number 22! What did I just say. Stay with the music!" She exclaimed exasperatedly. This girl! She needed to learn to get with the music.

message 31: by Zuri , Musical And Vocal Empress of Musicalness and Vocalness (new)

Geez, what was the lady yelling at her for, at least she was doing the exercise. She slowed down but was a little faster then everyone else.

message 32: by Grace (new)

Grace (markedforcourt) 3

Carling put his dance bag in the corner, quickly put on his shoes, and hurried to the barre. He was feeling anxious and it showed in the way he did the exercise. He started out a beat behind but soon caught up to the music

message 33: by Zuri , Musical And Vocal Empress of Musicalness and Vocalness (new)

Who was the guy in front of me, Zuri thought, he is so behind, she yawned.

message 34: by Ri (new)

Ri "Alright class. Wonderful. Unfortunately, we've run out of time. Class dismissed," She said. Miss Mariano figured they had spent a lot of time learning the barre work they ran out of time. "Oh, Number 10 and 22. Please stay behind," She pronounced. Miss Mariano waited for everyone to leave and the two girls to come to her.

message 35: by Zuri , Musical And Vocal Empress of Musicalness and Vocalness (new)

Zuri was really nervous as she walked up to the teacher, her hands where shaking.

message 36: by purplebookworm, Ballet Queen Of Balletness (new)

Genevieve worried. She didn't think this was a good thing. She walked over to Miss Mariano.

message 37: by Ri (new)

Ri Miss Mariano turned her attention to the two girls. "22. I expect you stay on the music next time, and do as I say. I told you once, and you
blatantly ignored me and kept doing your own thing. That will not fly with me," She warned 22. Miss Mariano hoped she didn't seem mean, but stil... "You may go," She told 22 stiffly. Miss Mariano turned her attention to number 10. "Hello. Nice job in class today. I would like to make you an offer. I would like to offer you private lessons with me," Miss Mariano told the girl hopefully. She hoped she would accept.

(( oh yeah I'm going to pretend that Miss m hasn't met zuri or vi yet ))

message 38: by Zuri , Musical And Vocal Empress of Musicalness and Vocalness (new)

Zuri left in a huff, her face was red with frustration and she was about to cry.

message 39: by purplebookworm, Ballet Queen Of Balletness (new)

Genevieve grinned. "That would be awesome!" She said happily. Weather that meant she was really good or bad, she didn't care. Either way she'd be getting extra help from a really good teacher. "When can we start?" She asked. She wondered how long and how many days a week it would be. In her mind, the more practice the better.

message 40: by Ri (new)

Ri Miss Mariano grinned at the girls enthusiasm. "I'm available right now, if you are," She told the girl with a grin. "Oh sorry. Your name?" She asked. Miss Mariano felt bad for not knowing.

message 41: by purplebookworm, Ballet Queen Of Balletness (new)

Genevieve thought about her schedule. "I'm free now too!" She said. She smiled. "I'm Genevieve." She answered. Maybe with extra lessons she'll catch up to the other girls levels and not have to struggle in her favorite thing, dance! She couldn't wait. "Um, could you also teach me some of the terms. I don't know a lot of what you say." She admitted. She blushed and bit her lip.

message 42: by Ri (new)

Ri Miss Mariano smiled. "Wonderful!" She said. "Let's start at the barre then, shall we?" She asked. Miss Mariano started walking over and paused when Genevieve spoke. "Sure. Just ask me as we go along," She informed the girl.

message 43: by purplebookworm, Ballet Queen Of Balletness (new)

Genevieve nodded. She hurried over to the barre to begin. She waited patiently for Miss Mariano's instructions.

message 44: by Ri (new)

Ri Miss Mariano walked over. "So, the first thing we are going to start with is balances. Specifically posse balances. So please just releve into a posse balance. Talk your hands off when your ready and balance as long as you can," Miss Mariano instructed Genevieve. She watched closely.

message 45: by purplebookworm, Ballet Queen Of Balletness (new)

Genevieve went into sou sou like she had been taught. She went into posse and found her balance. She took her hands off, wobbled for a few seconds, and put her foot back down. She shook her head and tried again, getting the same results.

message 46: by Ri (new)

Ri Miss Mariano pursed her lips. "Okay," She said. Miss Mariano walked over to the wall facing Genevieve and put her hand on it at Genevieves eye level. "Try staring at my hand the entire time," She told Genevieve.

message 47: by purplebookworm, Ballet Queen Of Balletness (new)

Genevieve went into sou sou again. This time she kept her eyes on Miss Mariano. She went into passé and held it for as long as she could. She kept her position perfectly for a few seconds, wobbled, and placed her foot back in sou sou. She thought that had been pretty good for her.

message 48: by purplebookworm, Ballet Queen Of Balletness (new)

((Hello?))

message 49: by Ri (new)

Ri (( sorry! ))

Miss Mariano smiled. "Nice. Try again," She commanded.

message 50: by purplebookworm, Ballet Queen Of Balletness (new)

Genevieve nodded. She went into sou sou and drew her leg up into retiree. She stared at Miss Mariano. She held her position for a fair amount of time then went into sou sou. She looked to Miss Mariano for the next instructions.

« previous 1