What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Murder mystery from late 70's. [s]

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (mcdawn73) | 4 comments I'm in search of a book, well actually my husband is. He can't remember the name of it. It was from the late 70's, early 80's and it was a murder mystery. The book was very expensive for the times. I think he said hardback. About every chapter or somewhere in the chapters there would be pages that had an envelope attached to it that would have something in it to give you clues to help solve the crime/murder. He said maybe one envelope had a stamp and another a letter. He thinks the setting was London.

He was probably only around 10 at the time and he said it fascinated him. It wasn't a kid's book. I don't think he actually had the book, probably just borrowed it from the library.

If anyone knows what I may be talking about or has any idea of the name I would greatly appreciate it.

message 2: by Yvonne (new)

Yvonne Shackelton | 54 comments Could it possibly be one of these? I think there might be more by this author, Dennis Wheatley, as well.

Who Killed Robert Prentice?
Herewith the Clues

message 3: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (mcdawn73) | 4 comments Thanks Yvonne! These sound like great possibilities. I'll check with him and see.

message 4: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (mcdawn73) | 4 comments Yvonne wrote: "Could it possibly be one of these? I think there might be more by this author, Dennis Wheatley, as well.

Who Killed Robert Prentice?
Herewith the Clues"

Thank you so much Yvonne! He said that was it :)

message 5: by Yvonne (new)

Yvonne Shackelton | 54 comments Excellent! Someone here just recently found a long-lost book for me, too, so I am so pleased to be able to pass that forward!

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39882 comments Mod
Dawn, which title was the correct one?

message 7: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (mcdawn73) | 4 comments Who Killed Robert Prentice?

He was so happy that I was able to find someone to help me locate it for him.