Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

The Templars' Return (Guardians of the Herald #2)
This topic is about The Templars' Return
Serieses! > Adding Book 2 Guardians of the Herald

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mark (new)

Mark Malcolm (thecavalier) | 6 comments Noob question/needs assistance. This is currently only an ebook but it is book 2 in the Guardians of the Herald series (Angels and Demons already on my profile is book 1). I can't figure out how to add this as my book to my author's profile nor how to make sure they are linked as a part of a series. Your help would be appreciated. Thanks.

message 2: by Krazykiwi (new)

Krazykiwi | 1767 comments Books are listed on GR per the cover, and the book has "Mark E. Malcolm" on the cover, which is how it's listed here. I notice book 1 does as well, so this is the name your profile should have.

It's ok to have all the books on the more complete profile name, but the other direction is problematic because people who search for the name on the cover (and why would you not?) won't find you. That is, we can have books with the name "Mark Malcolm" on a "Mark E. Malcolm" profile, but not vice versa.

I've asked staff to move your author profile to the full name.

Meanwhile, authors cannot edit series, to have books added to series just post here.

message 3: by Mark (new)

Mark Malcolm (thecavalier) | 6 comments Okay, do I just edit my name and that solves the problem then you move the book into the series for me (or have already done)?

message 4: by Krazykiwi (new)

Krazykiwi | 1767 comments The book is already in the series.

https://www.goodreads.com/series/1904...

Best you don't edit your profile as I've already asked staff to do it and you won't be able to merge a GR Author profile with an unclaimed one (it already exists, with the other book in it).

Your profile will be moved by staff, and it will all sort itself out, but it can take a day or two.

message 5: by Mark (new)

Mark Malcolm (thecavalier) | 6 comments Ah, beautiful. Thank you very much.

message 6: by Krazykiwi (new)

Krazykiwi | 1767 comments Sorry Mark for the hold-up, you need to request this from staff yourself.

Just post here: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

You just need to post a link to the two profiles, and ask that they be merged into the more complete one.

(You can reference post #93 in that thread too, if you like)

message 7: by Mark (new)

Mark Malcolm (thecavalier) | 6 comments Okay, so post links to the Book 1 that is showing under "mark Malcolm" and the link to Book 2 that is not? Also, how does one change the profile to be Mark E. Malcolm (add middle initial)? I tried but it didn't take. Thanks.

message 8: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 41973 comments Mod
Mark wrote: "Also, how does one change the profile to be Mark E. Malcolm (add middle initial)?"

That will work as the verification I needed. All done.

message 9: by Mark (new)

Mark Malcolm (thecavalier) | 6 comments Huzzah! Thank you :D

message 10: by Mark (new)

Mark Malcolm (thecavalier) | 6 comments Ah, you guys are awesome! I just clicked on the profile and it looks like both books are there now and listed as part of the series. Outstanding. Thank you all.