World, Writing, Wealth discussion

A Subtle Agency (The Metaframe War, #1)
This topic is about A Subtle Agency
Announcements & Book Promotions > Goodreads Giveaway for A Subtle Agency - 28th Mar - 9th Apr

Comments Showing 1-35 of 35 (35 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Graeme (last edited Mar 21, 2017 12:08PM) (new) - added it

Graeme Rodaughan | 7240 comments Hi All,

Enter for a chance to win 1 signed, first edition, trade paperback copies of A Subtle Agency, by Graeme Rodaughan.

Link to the latest giveaway will be posted at the bottom of this thread once it is available.

Hunting Anton Slayne?

Just get in line behind the Boston Police Department, Chinese Triads, the Shadowstone Organization, the Red Empire and the Vampire Dominion.

Witness to a brutal murder, Anton is inducted into the Order of Thoth by the mysterious Mr Wu. He soon discovers that vicious local gangsters, determined Boston Police Detectives, and relentless Shadowstone operatives pale into insignificance as he is drawn into the machinations of the enigmatic vampire, General Chloe Armitage.

When mastery over Anton’s soul is at stake, survival is the least of his problems.

message 2: by Mehreen (new)

Mehreen Ahmed (mehreen2) | 1911 comments Graeme wrote: "Hi All,

A goodreads giveaway is now in operation from the 5th October to the 5th of November.

Enter for a chance to win 1 of 2 signed, first edition, trade paperback copies of A Subtle Agency, by..."

Sounds Great!!!

message 3: by Graeme (new) - added it

Graeme Rodaughan | 7240 comments Thanks Mehreen

message 4: by Nik (new)

Nik Krasno | 13492 comments Good luck, Graeme!

message 5: by Graeme (new) - added it

Graeme Rodaughan | 7240 comments 4 days later, and based on previous discussion most of the action happens at the start and the end of these give aways.

TBR increased from 31 to 132.
267 people have entered the giveaway.

I'm OK with the result so far, however, checking the new TBRs a lot of the accounts are readers with 1000s of TBR books, so ASA will still be swimming within a lot of other books.

However, I was not looking for miracles, I was looking for exposure and I think that is happening.

message 6: by Graeme (new) - added it

Graeme Rodaughan | 7240 comments The Giveaway is complete. 1069 people entered the giveaway. My TBR for A Subtle Agency has increased from 31 to 449.

So I figure visibility has increased.

message 7: by Denise (new) - added it

Denise Baer Great to hear, Graeme! Visibility is always good. :)

message 8: by Graeme (new) - added it

Graeme Rodaughan | 7240 comments Thanks Denise, that was the main thing I was aiming for.

message 9: by Nik (new)

Nik Krasno | 13492 comments Decent results, well done!

message 10: by Graeme (new) - added it

Graeme Rodaughan | 7240 comments I will start up another one shortly and keep running them until A Traitor's War comes out.

Just to keep up buzz and awareness (I hope).

Just 2 books every 5 weeks or so - it's not that big an investment.

message 11: by Nik (new)

Nik Krasno | 13492 comments Sure, whatever generates and feeds the buzz -:)

message 12: by Denise (new) - added it

Denise Baer Graeme Rodaughan wrote: "I will start up another one shortly and keep running them until A Traitor's War comes out.

Just to keep up buzz and awareness (I hope).

Just 2 books every 5 weeks or so - it's not that big an inv..."

It isn't Graeme. I did two back-to-back International Giveaways for my novel, Net Switch and soon, I'll do the same for my other novel. It does build visibility and awareness.

Best of luck to you!

message 13: by Graeme (new) - added it

Graeme Rodaughan | 7240 comments Latest giveaway is due to end at midnight on the 11th December 2016.

message 14: by Michael (new) - added it

Michael Fattorosi | 477 comments Just entered... thank you and good-luck.

message 15: by Graeme (new) - added it

Graeme Rodaughan | 7240 comments Thanks Michael.

I think this one is generating new interest.

GR is by far my most effective platform for generating new readers.

message 16: by Michael (new) - added it

Michael Fattorosi | 477 comments Seems like your doing well. I havent really tried to tap into GRs yet but I have a Giveaway starting on the 14th so I will see if it works for me.

So far, Ive been able to do pretty well off of my accounts on Twitter and Facebook. But I think GRs is definitely much better.

message 17: by Graeme (new) - added it

Graeme Rodaughan | 7240 comments Latest giveaway is now in operation. Get in quick. One of my GR friends won one of the last two books.

The next could be yours.

message 18: by Graeme (new) - added it

Graeme Rodaughan | 7240 comments My first giveaway (2 books) resulted in a 5 star review.

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

Chuffed.

message 19: by Graeme (last edited Jan 09, 2017 02:15AM) (new) - added it

Graeme Rodaughan | 7240 comments Completed my 3rd giveaway for 1 pb book.

Results as follows.

1485 entrants (vs 1063, and 1277 for the 1st and 2nd giveaways respectively).

TBR increase from <700 to >930 with this giveaway.

The main thing I'm looking at with giveaways is maintenance of visibility. I will just run one per month per book.

When I bring my 2nd book online in April/May I will run giveaways in parallel so there will be a 1 book giveaway every 2-2 1/2 weeks.

I will see how that works.

As far as I can tell there is zero impact on sales (so far).

message 20: by Graeme (last edited Jan 15, 2017 07:22PM) (new) - added it

Graeme Rodaughan | 7240 comments Latest giveaway (1 book) is about to start.

https://www.goodreads.com/giveaway/sh...

message 21: by Graeme (last edited Feb 21, 2017 01:40AM) (new) - added it

Graeme Rodaughan | 7240 comments Results of my 4th giveaway.

1892 requests. TBR about 360+ increase.

TBR for A Subtle Agency is now at 1262.

Next giveaway already booked for the 28th Feb to the 19th March for 1 book.

This giveaway had more impact than any of the other three.

message 22: by Marie Silk (new) - added it

Marie Silk | 1020 comments That's a lot of requests! Did you do anything different with this giveaway like advertise it more than the others?

message 23: by Nik (new)

Nik Krasno | 13492 comments Btw, what's your conversion rate from tbr to read from previous g/a, if you tracked any?

message 24: by Graeme (new) - added it

Graeme Rodaughan | 7240 comments Very minimal advertising on Facebook and Twitter at the start. Completely took off at the end.

No conversions from TBR to read. Visibility improvement only.

My plan is to keep doing giveaways of single books for some time to maintain visibility and presence.

message 25: by Graeme (new) - added it

Graeme Rodaughan | 7240 comments Giveaway #5 starts on the 28th Feb 2017 and will run for just under three weeks.

https://www.goodreads.com/giveaway/sh...

message 26: by Nik (new)

Nik Krasno | 13492 comments Graeme Rodaughan wrote: "Giveaway #5 starts on the 28th Feb 2017 and will run for just under three weeks.

https://www.goodreads.com/giveaway/sh..."

Good luck with it, Graeme!

message 27: by Graeme (new) - added it

Graeme Rodaughan | 7240 comments Thanks Nik.

message 28: by Graeme (new) - added it

Graeme Rodaughan | 7240 comments Since the 28th a tick under 600 entries in the giveaway.

message 29: by M.L. (new)

M.L. Good luck on the give away Graeme!

message 30: by Graeme (new) - added it

Graeme Rodaughan | 7240 comments Thanks M.L.

message 31: by Graeme (new) - added it

Graeme Rodaughan | 7240 comments Results of my 5th giveaway.

1760 requests. TBR about 150+ increase.

TBR for A Subtle Agency is now over 1450+

Next giveaway already booked for the 28th Mar to the 9th Apr for 1 book.

I'm running shorter giveaways to lift frequency and hopefully visibility as I head toward the release of the next book.

I think having a sequel will lift the value of the first book.

message 32: by Nik (new)

Nik Krasno | 13492 comments The number of participants increased so drastically from the 1-st one! Well done, a truly remarkable interest on the part of the readers

message 33: by Marie Silk (new) - added it

Marie Silk | 1020 comments Nice one, Graeme!

I've read some results of authors paying for Goodreads ads and not seeing sales, but their books are added to "to read" lists...we can get similar results for only the cost of the book + postage. A great deal for authors!

message 34: by Graeme (new) - added it

Graeme Rodaughan | 7240 comments Hi Marie, I noticed you had a giveaway ending on the same day (19th)

You were in front of me on the numbers.... :-).

message 35: by Graeme (new) - added it

Graeme Rodaughan | 7240 comments Hi Nik,

I'm not sure of the payoff - it just seems like a good idea to keep putting my book in front of potential readers.

I'm increasing the tempo with shorter giveaways.