So Many Books So Little Time discussion

Chat Section > Favourite animal

Comments Showing 1-45 of 45 (45 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Manon , Fallen Angel (Hush Hush CRAZY!!) (last edited Oct 05, 2016 12:35AM) (new)

Manon  Blackbeak | 618 comments Mod
My favourite animal or one of the many animals I adore is the palomino horse. They are so cute and adorable!!

description

message 2: by Maddie (new)

Maddie  (maddiedecru) Cute horse! My favourite animals are elephants and cats. I have two pet cats :)

message 3: by Manon , Fallen Angel (Hush Hush CRAZY!!) (new)

I love cats!! I have three pet guinea pigs :)

message 4: by Rainshadow, Second (new)

Rainshadow (Rainshadow390) | 338 comments Mod
Cats and dogs. I have 4 cats and 1 dog

message 5: by Clare (new)

Clare My favourite animals are wolves :)

message 6: by Manon , Fallen Angel (Hush Hush CRAZY!!) (new)

I love wolves!! They are so cute and also one of my other fav animals :)

message 7: by Naoé (new)

Naoé | 361 comments It's a hard question I love so many animals but I love all kind of felines and dolphins

message 8: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nics2) | 14 comments I love ducks and unicorns !

message 9: by Ester (new)

Ester (mozartncoffee) | 1 comments Foxes or wolves

message 10: by Bob (new)

Bob Rich | 26 comments Maddie wrote: "Cute horse! My favourite animals are elephants and cats. I have two pet cats :)"

How many pet elephants?

message 11: by Manon , Fallen Angel (Hush Hush CRAZY!!) (new)

Pet elephants??

Bookcrazy ~ So what? I'm still a rock star~ | 1098 comments Mod
Most zoos don't even have elephants lol

message 13: by Bob (new)

Bob Rich | 26 comments I'd prefer to be a plant rather than an animal. I think cetaceans are terrific. Did you know, dolphins talk to each other in language? They have even been observed gossiping about another member of their pod when that person was not around.

message 14: by Manon , Fallen Angel (Hush Hush CRAZY!!) (new)

Even though an Elephant is wrinkly I still find them cute

Have you seen the babies holding the moms' tails? Awwww

message 16: by Manon , Fallen Angel (Hush Hush CRAZY!!) (new)

Bob wrote: "I'd prefer to be a plant rather than an animal. I think cetaceans are terrific. Did you know, dolphins talk to each other in language? They have even been observed gossiping about another member of..."

Woah really??

Dolphins are EPIC!

message 18: by Manon , Fallen Angel (Hush Hush CRAZY!!) (new)

They are so cute, I want to go and swim with them one day... like in a zoo or something... I don't even know if you can swim with them in an enclosure

message 19: by Bob (new)

Bob Rich | 26 comments Plants don't poo and pee, or sweat. Their reproductive organs are so beautiful people cut them off and put them in vases. They are far tougher than animals.
And in one of my past lives I was a plant, so I know. It wasn't on this planet though. The story is in Ascending Spiral, which is on a giveaway right now.

message 20: by Manon , Fallen Angel (Hush Hush CRAZY!!) (new)

I love nature, suh as rainforests but certain plants give me a rash

message 21: by Manon , Fallen Angel (Hush Hush CRAZY!!) (new)

Bob wrote: "Plants don't poo and pee, or sweat. Their reproductive organs are so beautiful people cut them off and put them in vases. They are far tougher than animals.
And in one of my past lives I was a plan..."

What do you mean by past lives???

message 22: by Bob (new)

Bob Rich | 26 comments There is fascinating scientific evidence for reincarnation. It's fair dinkum.
In 2007, I organised hypnosis with a lady in order to recover the first 5 years of my life. I had no memories of that because of multiple severe traumas. However, she took me back into two, perhaps three past lives as well, and then over the next 2 years, I got a lot more recalls. I then wrote that up as fiction, in order to protect the guilty, and that's "Ascending Spiral."
Chances are, you have lived many, many times.
:)
Bob

Bob wrote: "There is fascinating scientific evidence for reincarnation. It's fair dinkum.
In 2007, I organised hypnosis with a lady in order to recover the first 5 years of my life. I had no memories of that b..."

That is really cool, Bob, but unfortunately in this group we don't allow authors to promote their books all over the group. You can check out the Special Note To Authors page if you would like, as Manon said, "Authors we do love hearing about your books, but if you are going to promote yourself or your books please do so in one of our group's designated area. We do not wish our members to feel they are being spammed."

Thank you!!

message 24: by Manon , Fallen Angel (Hush Hush CRAZY!!) (last edited Nov 01, 2016 01:37AM) (new)

Umm... I'm Christian and don't believe in the past life thingy no offenese it sounds weird... I don't mean to be rude or anything it just seems bizzarre to me... u die and go to heaven to me that is "fair dinkum", not that relive stuff

message 25: by Clare (new)

Clare We all have our beliefs and that's okay, it's what makes us different :)

What do u believe clare?

I'm pretty open hope this doesn't sound rude, jw

message 27: by Clare (new)

Clare Not really sure to be honest...

alg :) jw

message 29: by Bob (new)

Bob Rich | 26 comments Oh, about elephants, you do know Ogden Nash's poem:

The elephant is a faithful friend
with a handle at either end,
a wrinkled and mothproof hide,
and teeth, upside down, OUTSIDE!

message 30: by Manon , Fallen Angel (Hush Hush CRAZY!!) (new)

Here is a poem I found about elephants:

"i don't want to hurt you"
as i feel your words, like a knife
that pierce through my chest
and go through my heart
and suddenly my passion
is deflated like a balloon
being pricked by a pin
-
"i don't want to hurt you"
but this feels like an elephant
is stepping on my chest
and it hurts.
despite your narrowing efforts
to keep me feeling safe
please stop making me feel like
i should just jump into the lake

message 31: by Bob (new)

Bob Rich | 26 comments Manon wrote: "I love nature, suh as rainforests but certain plants give me a rash"
That's like me with humanity. I love people but hate humanity. :)

Actually, that's a quote I picked up somewhere. I don't hate anyone, even humanity, but do prefer people in small doses.

message 32: by Manon , Fallen Angel (Hush Hush CRAZY!!) (new)

what do u mean by u refer people in small doses? do u mean like u can only handle so much of someones attitude.... how can u hate humanity?

message 33: by Bob (new)

Bob Rich | 26 comments I love people, but really hate what we have done to each other, to all the many other wonderful life forms of our beautiful planet.
As I said, that hate thing was a quote, which I like because it's funny, but don't quite agree with.
My wish is to change the global culture of hate, aggression, greed, territoriality. We all have the potential for these, but we also have the potential for the opposite: love, cooperation, generosity, caring.
If the global culture encouraged and rewarded the good aspects, I'd love humanity. In the meantime, I'll have to do with loving people for the good in them.
I have a free e-book on some of my philosophy. If it's all right, I can post the link where you can request it.

message 34: by Bob (new)

Bob Rich | 26 comments Manon wrote: "Umm... I'm Christian and don't believe in the past life thingy no offenese it sounds weird... I don't mean to be rude or anything it just seems bizzarre to me... u die and go to heaven to me that i..."
There are several versions of Christianity that accept reincarnation as fact. The Rosicrucians are one. There is no conflict between Christianity and scientific evidence, as long as you don't take your denomination's version of the Bible as word for word truth.
You could read a book by Dr Jim Tucker, "Life Before Life." It is one of many sources of very carefully researched evidence.
Bob

message 35: by Manon , Fallen Angel (Hush Hush CRAZY!!) (new)

Do you mean reincarnation as heaven and hell

message 36: by Bob (new)

Bob Rich | 26 comments Manon wrote: "Do you mean reincarnation as heaven and hell"
No. What the science indicates is that people are born, live, die, and are born again. I think heaven and hell are right here, on this planet. Interestingly some versions of Christianity have that belief.
There is lots of suggestive evidence, and my personal experience (or imagining during hypnosis) :) that there are Superior Beings. That could be God, or angels, or people like the Buddha and Jesus who no longer need to be reborn. When you die, you seem to be unconditionally loved by such a Person, Who doesn't judge you. Instead, you are required to judge yourself. There are many accounts of people returning from extended clinical death who report such an experience. You are led through your just-past life, but experiencing your effects on people. If I caused any harm to someone, I'll experience that person's reaction.
Based on this, you then design your next life to allow you to learn the lessons you need next, until you reach spiritual perfection.
There are exceptions. It seems that people who die sudden, traumatic deaths, especially very young, come back after a very short time span.
This is no more at variance with the Bible than the fact that the Earth is a ball, not flat. Galileo and Copernicus were persecuted by the Church for daring to say so.

message 37: by Manon , Fallen Angel (Hush Hush CRAZY!!) (new)

Okay so if they die and are reborn do they remember there family?

message 38: by Bob (new)

Bob Rich | 26 comments Clients have come to my psychotherapy practice wanting to remember past lives and have been unable to recall anything at all. Other people spontaneously act as if they were in an entirely different situation very early in life. There is a team at the University of Maryland that have been investigating such claims, but they only look at kids below 7 years of age, because after that the kids' beliefs are too influenced by the local/family culture. That's what Jim Tucker's book is about (he is their current Director).
Most people have occasional experiences that appear to be past life recalls. For example, when my wife first met me, she felt as if I was already an old friend. I had a client, a beautiful blonde lady, who had distinct recalls of being a 16 year old Jewish girl killed in the Holocaust. No one could convince her otherwise, and she had the firm belief that her current life was set up to continue what she was doing then. I had no past life recalls at all until 2007, but looking back, I remember hundreds of strange things that became obvious after that.
The Buddha is said to have remembered all his thousands of previous lives in full detail at the moment of his enlightenment. Of course, that was approx. 2600 years ago, and things change in the telling.
I can explain my understanding through an analogy. The real you is a great, ongoing spirit, who doesn't need a material existence. It needs to learn and grow. The school for souls is this, here. So, with superior help, you design your next classroom and move in, for one life. The ongoing real you has a great deal of knowledge and information that would get into the way of your life as a human, so it only gives you what you need to carry on with life, with the tasks you have set for yourself.
So, my wife needed to fall in love with me, because that was part of her life plan. She was given that intuitive knowledge. That blonde lady would have had a very different life if she didn't have dreams and daytime thoughts about having died in Germany, a victim of hatred.
As a youngster, I was quite violent in response to bullying. All my fights were defending the victim. Much later, I realised, this was part of my journey, to make up for bullying I did myself. As I grew, I was still passionate about victimisation, but refused to hurt others, physically, and later even with words. And I became a healer. Then, and only then, it was appropriate for me to be given the knowledge of the acts I had to make up for.
When you are ready, you are given the knowledge you need for spiritual growth. And your eventual goal, I believe, is to grow to be able to automatically give unconditional love to all, as Jesus says.

message 39: by Manon , Fallen Angel (Hush Hush CRAZY!!) (new)

It could be Déjà vu

message 40: by Bob (new)

Bob Rich | 26 comments Yes, deja vu has many reasonable explanations, with one being a past life influence. It may apply in some situations, not in others. By itself, it's not sufficient evidence.
A Sydney psychologist named Peter Ramster had 4 clients who had what appeared to be past life recalls. He got each of them to make testable claims, then got an NHRC grant. All 4 had recalls from Europe (Scotland, Germany, two in England), so he, the clients and a camera team went travelling. The German recalls (from WW2) were only partially confirmed, but the other 3 were spot on.
Most remarkable was a lady who remembered being a (male) medical student in Glasgow, and described very old-fashioned clothing (from memory, early 19th century). She drew a floor plan of the medical school. When they got there, the interior of the building was quite different. But... a local historian had blueprints of the building before the renovations, and THESE matched what the lady had drawn in Sydney.
I cannot explain that away.
Bob

message 41: by Sage (new)

Sage Koebcke (ordinarypleb) My favorite animals are lemurs and alpacas!

message 43: by Ellie (new)

Ellie (ellie_dp) Hedgehog. Night creature, loner. Introvert:) Soul mate:)

message 44: by Chloë (new)

Chloë (churoe) Panda!

message 45: by Esther (new)

Esther Jackson (ejjackson) Sloth