Horror Reading Challenge discussion

Halloween Mini-Challenge > What movies are you watching?

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Tracy (Cornerfolds) (cornerfolds) So far I've watched The Mist, based on The Mist! What are you watching for the challenge?

Leviathan Libraries (leviathanlibraries) I've watched Amityville Horror and The Keep.

message 3: by Latasha (new)

Latasha (latasha513) Lilyn G. (Scifi and Scary) wrote: "I've watched Amityville Horror and The Keep."

the Amityville horror is my favorite haunted house movie. I love it and it scares me too!

message 4: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Glatt (ipushbooks) | 12 comments I watched Odd Thomas and Pontypool, which were both very well done and thought-provoking. I definitely need to read the Pontypool book.

And then today we stumbled upon The Brain Eaters (1958) on IFC. The film was standard 50s b-movie horror, but my husband looked up the back story and it is interesting. The film was produced by Roger Corman, but uncredited. Robert Heinlein sued him for plagiarism of his novel The Puppet Masters and won, although he felt the film was so bad he did not want his name on it either.

Tracy (Cornerfolds) (cornerfolds) Lilyn G. (Scifi and Scary) wrote: "I've watched Amityville Horror and The Keep."

LOVE Amityville Horror (the movie)! Which version did you watch? I've never seen The Keep!

Leviathan Libraries (leviathanlibraries) Tracy (Cornerfolds) wrote: "Lilyn G. (Scifi and Scary) wrote: "I've watched Amityville Horror and The Keep."

LOVE Amityville Horror (the movie)! Which version did you watch? I've never seen The Keep!"

I've seen both - for this one, though, I watched the original. I have to say, it's MUCH MUCH better than the one with Ryan Reynolds.

The Keep was... uhm.. it was just bad. There's no other way to put it. Not "so bad it's good", just "Eugh."

Leviathan Libraries (leviathanlibraries) Michelle wrote: "I watched Odd Thomas and Pontypool, which were both very well done and thought-provoking. I definitely need to read the Pontypool book.

And then today we stumbled upon The Brain Eaters (1958) on I..."

I just watched Pontypool! I want to read the book too. It's one of those movies where it REALLY shouldn't be as good as it is, but they somehow manage to make it work perfectly.

message 8: by Latasha (new)

Latasha (latasha513) I agree. It's been a while since I've seen it but I remember liking it very much.

message 9: by Michelle (last edited Oct 13, 2016 07:11PM) (new)

Michelle Glatt (ipushbooks) | 12 comments I watched The Relic, which had a decent premise about a Brazilian chimera terrorizing the Field Museum in Chicago (shot on location). However, it was so dark that I could hardly see the monster, or anything else, which turned it boring. I am not sure if it was Netflix's print or if it was shot that way to save $ on effects.

Leviathan Libraries (leviathanlibraries) Michelle wrote: "I watched The Relic, which had a decent premise about a Brazilian chimera terrorizing the Field Museum in Chicago (shot on location). However, it was so dark that I could hardly see the monster, or..."

Probably shot that way.

message 11: by Latasha (new)

Latasha (latasha513) I'm lagging behind!

message 12: by Latasha (new)

Latasha (latasha513) I thought I would rock this challenge....well not so much!