Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > Adult Fantasy | Complete at 88,000 words

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by J.C. (new)

J.C. Brower (JCBrower) | 1 comments Hello all,

I would love to have multiple people read my book and offer feedback on what works and doesn't work. I'm looking to start querying agents around December, so I've set a deadline of November 11th to start revisions.

If anyone is interested, please let me know in the comments and I'll send you the pdf. Thanks to anyone who would like to read! :)

Short Summary:

The Warden has given everything to his ideals of truth and justice, upholding these beliefs to protect the people of Elyria. However, when confronted with the murder of his sworn blood-brother, Elyrian King Krian Da’kul, he faces a catalyst that pushes him past the limits of his own convictions.

Driven to find his King’s killer before word escapes, the Warden partakes in Elyria’s Masquerade in order to secretly investigate the lives and politics of those nearest Krian, unraveling hidden truths within each of their shadowed lies. As midnight nears, the Warden confronts his brother’s killer and his creed bleeds ever deeper into vengeance, leaving him a grave choice: either rob the people of justice by taking the killer’s life with his own hands, or truly uphold his beliefs—possibly losing the killer, and his own life, in the process.

message 2: by T.M. (new)

T.M. Rain (tmrainbooks) | 22 comments Hey Justin,

Sounds like an interesting read. I have a completed 74K scifi novel that I'd also like a beta on if you'd like to swap. Send me a PM if interested or if you'd like to hear more about it to see if it's a fit. I posted yesterday on this sub as well.

Thanks,
Tom

message 3: by Harald (new)

Harald | 3 comments Hi. I love epic/high fantasy and would like to try this beta reading thing. I know a fair bit about writing craft, and think I might be able to give you some useful advice.