dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Seira (new)

Seira Wilson | 92 comments Mod
Which one of these books shall we read for October? In no particular order:

The Girl on the Train
Tales of the Peculiar
El Deafo

message 2: by Libby (new)

Libby (ailish) | 1 comments Tales of the Peculiar!!

message 3: by Alicia (new)

Alicia | 40 comments Libby wrote: "Tales of the Peculiar!!"

Libby, To register your vote and have it count, go to the book club home page and choose "Polls" under the home page title. Click on, and you will be able to click the link for your choice.

message 4: by Marylene (new)

Marylene | 2 comments I vote for The Girl on the Train. I really liked this book and would like to revisit it. I'm going to see it in the theater this weekend as well. Love comparing books to movies.

message 5: by Susan (new)

Susan (secofnola) Tales of the Peculiar

message 6: by Garfield (new)

Garfield Whyte (garfieldwhyte) The Girl on the train seem like the best of the three.

message 7: by G.H. (new)

G.H. Eckel (gheckel) | 1 comments The Girl on the Train.

message 8: by Chase (new)

Chase | 1 comments I Vote for The Girl On the Train :)

message 9: by KEV (new)

KEV | 1 comments The Girl on the Train

message 10: by Melissa (new)

Melissa N | 1 comments I vote for Girl on the Train!

message 11: by Carol (new)

Carol | 5 comments The Girl on the Train

message 12: by Paperback (new)

Paperback Mo (paperbackmo) | 3 comments Tales of the peculiar!

message 13: by Susan (new)

Susan (secofnola) when do we select November's read? I hope it is YA. Also, I need book suggestions for my teen (high school) book club. For December we wanted to do something Christmassy. Last year we read A Christmas Carol. Everyone loved it.. Ideas?

message 14: by Jenifer (new)

Jenifer Susan wrote: "when do we select November's read? I hope it is YA. Also, I need book suggestions for my teen (high school) book club. For December we wanted to do something Christmassy. Last year we read A Christ..."

Hi Susan - one of my favorite Christmas Books to read (almost every year) is The Autobiography of Santa Claus (The Christmas Chronicles) by Jeff Guinn. This is a great story that has a bit of a history lesson to it as well and really makes you believe in Santa again. It is also set up as 24 chapters so if you start on December 1st and read a chapter a night you finish on Christmas Eve. Good luck with you class.

message 15: by Seira (new)

Seira Wilson | 92 comments Mod
Susan wrote: "when do we select November's read? I hope it is YA. Also, I need book suggestions for my teen (high school) book club. For December we wanted to do something Christmassy. Last year we read A Christ..."

The November poll is up now and it's all YA titles to choose from, so I hope you see something you like. :)