Barlow College Reading Fall 2016 discussion

Childhood book

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Eva (new)

Eva Leslie | 54 comments What was one of your favorite childhood books that if you read again right now, you could find a deeper meaning from it?

message 2: by Jennifer (last edited Oct 05, 2016 07:07AM) (new)

Jennifer Alix | 14 comments I loved Dr. Suess but that's like more picture books and simple! Oooo but my dad also used to always read me the Harry Potter series!!!

message 3: by Paige (new)

Paige Przybylski | 33 comments Mod
I still love Where the Wild Things Are. I just re-read it for my program and it's actually sadder/more disturbing than I remember!

message 4: by Erin (new)

Erin Carol | 2 comments I used to love "Owl Babies," but I liked the Geronimo Stilton books as well.

message 5: by Monica (new)

Monica | 17 comments Probably The Giving Tree; the idea of something/someone giving everything to a person and getting nothing in return is very sad yet relevant in our world

message 6: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn | 25 comments I loved the Tree House Mystery (The Boxcar Children Mysteries). Although there may not be a deeper meaning from when we were kids, I still think it would be a fun and quick read. It would be a trip through memory lane

message 7: by Margot (new)

Margot Astorino | 29 comments I loved the Romona books. They were the first series I was really into and I still remember every one of them.

message 8: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn | 25 comments I remember reading Tuck Everlasting in elementary school and watching the movie. Now thinking about it, the books message in regards to its philosophy of life has changed for me due to the fact that I have more of an "adult" sense of the world. I feel as if our perceptions are very different as children than they are as adults and sometimes this can be a negative thing :(