Thicker Than Water Q&A discussion

Thicker Than Water  (Power of Four #3)
This topic is about Thicker Than Water
23 views
Thicker Than Water

Comments Showing 1-50 of 56 (56 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by S.F. (new)

S.F. Mazhar | 29 comments The Q&A will start on Friday 7th of October, and last for one day. We will discuss the book, the characters, any aspect of th book you like. We will also briefly talk about the next, and final, book of the series.

Hope to chat to all of you then!


Monica | 12 comments So does this start today? If so, how exciting!


message 3: by S.F. (new)

S.F. Mazhar | 29 comments Hi Monica. I had a bit of a family crisis so I completely forgot about it :(
But we'll start the Q&A from now! Lol!
I'll extend it until tomorrow.


message 4: by S.F. (new)

S.F. Mazhar | 29 comments Hi Monica. I had a bit of a family crisis so I completely forgot about it :(
But we'll start the Q&A from now! Lol!
I'll extend it until tomorrow.


Monica | 12 comments Oh no!!! We can wait no big deal! It's important you take care of family things first! I have to come up with some good questions anyways! ;) I shall say a prayer for you and your family!


message 6: by S.F. (new)

S.F. Mazhar | 29 comments Monica wrote: "Oh no!!! We can wait no big deal! It's important you take care of family things first! I have to come up with some good questions anyways! ;) I shall say a prayer for you and your family!"

You are so sweet. It's okay, the worst has passed. Everything is okay now. :) Ask away! Lol! I'm looking forward to chatting with you all.


Monica | 12 comments I am glad to hear that the worst has past! I have to work today and tomorrow so I will be around to ask questions and chat as often as I can! I always look forward to chatting with the author herself! :) So first thing...I just want to clarify what happened at the end of the book. Kyran has the power to drain life right? So he drained Aaron's life halfway? Does that have any other side affects other than taking legacies and making both Kyran and Aaron super weak?


message 8: by S.F. (new)

S.F. Mazhar | 29 comments Monica wrote: "I am glad to hear that the worst has past! I have to work today and tomorrow so I will be around to ask questions and chat as often as I can! I always look forward to chatting with the author herse..."

Thank you, Monica. I look forward to talking to my readers :)
Basically yes, Kyran has the ability to drain life. What he did at the end to Aaron was a half-bleed; so he's taken the legacy of Water from him but he pulled back before he fully drained Aaron's life. The result is that both are left practically dying. Their life force is joined to one another. If one dies, so does the other. Both are left weakened and even if they are rescued, there is no guarantee that both will recover from the half bleed.


Jane Salter | 4 comments Hello there! :)
First of all, I really enjoyed the thrid book. The story is absolutely fantastic.
I noticed that this book is a lot more mature than the other two, as well as violent. I don't mind it, even though I have to admit that torture does make me feel kind of queasy. Will the story continue to become more darker and grown-up than before?


Monica | 12 comments Their life forces aren't joined for life right? Just a short period of time? I think I remember that is what Kyran said in the case of him and Hadrian. I could be wrong or misunderstood.


Monica | 12 comments I also agree with Jane, the third book was definitely more mature, but I liked that. The whole situation and war is coming to a head and were bound to be darker elements that had to make their way into the story line! Nice work! Even though the torture scene about killed me! Poor Kyran!


message 12: by S.F. (new)

S.F. Mazhar | 29 comments Jane wrote: "Hello there! :)
First of all, I really enjoyed the thrid book. The story is absolutely fantastic.
I noticed that this book is a lot more mature than the other two, as well as violent. I don't mind..."


Hi Jane! Thank you for joining the Q&A. You are right; the story did indeed get darker than the previous two. With the story progression, it's inevitable that darker themes will be introduced. Yes, the fourth book will have some dark elements.


message 13: by S.F. (new)

S.F. Mazhar | 29 comments Monica wrote: "Their life forces aren't joined for life right? Just a short period of time? I think I remember that is what Kyran said in the case of him and Hadrian. I could be wrong or misunderstood."

No, you're right. Their life force is only joined for a short period of time. If they recover the half-bleed, the joined life force will end.


message 14: by S.F. (new)

S.F. Mazhar | 29 comments Monica wrote: "I also agree with Jane, the third book was definitely more mature, but I liked that. The whole situation and war is coming to a head and were bound to be darker elements that had to make their way ..."

I struggled with that torture scene. I didn't want to make it too intense, cause writing those sorts if scenes are very difficult, but at the same time I didn't want to make it too light either, seeing as Skyler was in a very dark and disturbed place when he was dealing with Kyran. I wanted it to be the sort of scene that is horrifying but you can't help but keep on reading.


message 15: by Jane (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jane Salter | 4 comments There is also one thing I noticed was only mentioned brief. Kyran's name change from Ben to Kyran. Why that specific name? Will it play a bigger role later on? Or did Kyran (or Hadrian) decide that him bearing a different name would ultimately destroy and cut the relationship between Ben and his parents.


message 16: by S.F. (new)

S.F. Mazhar | 29 comments Jane wrote: "There is also one thing I noticed was only mentioned brief. Kyran's name change from Ben to Kyran. Why that specific name? Will it play a bigger role later on? Or did Kyran (or Hadrian) decide that..."

Kyran actually has a very significant meaning: the name Hadrian means 'the dark one'. Kyran actually means, 'little dark one'. It's why I chose that name. But, in some cultures, Kyran (if pronounced a little differently) can mean, 'a single ray of light'. I wanted Kyran as the name because fit so perfectly. He becomes Hadrian's son, so Hadrian names him to mimic his own, but Kyran is also the 'ray of light' who can destroy the darkness that is Hadrian. But I think also, on some level, Hadrian wanted a different name to separate Kyran from who he was as Ben, to make him a 'different' person, not related to the Adams.


message 17: by Jane (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jane Salter | 4 comments I did not look up the meaning, but it makes sense, thank you. :)

Have you thought about writting a fifth book? Or a sequel of some sort? Since it is called "The Power of Four" I assume that the next book will be the last.


message 18: by S.F. (new)

S.F. Mazhar | 29 comments Jane wrote: "I did not look up the meaning, but it makes sense, thank you. :)

Have you thought about writting a fifth book? Or a sequel of some sort? Since it is called "The Power of Four" I assume that the ne..."


The next book is indeed the last. There are no plans for any more books as of yet.


message 19: by Jane (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jane Salter | 4 comments Do you think that you will continue to publish original stories?


message 20: by S.F. (new)

S.F. Mazhar | 29 comments Jane wrote: "Do you think that you will continue to publish stories?>

As of yet I have no plans for any new books. If I do, i will definitly publish them.



Monica | 12 comments I never knew that was what their names meant! How cool! Speaking of Hadrian...I kind of thought he would have been more mean...towards the end that is. I know that he developed feeling and genuine love for Kyran but still...what he did to him is unthinkable and it's hard to comprehend how easy Hadrian is taking to Kyran not heeding his every order or ruining all his progress in the war!


message 22: by S.F. (new)

S.F. Mazhar | 29 comments Monica wrote: "I never knew that was what their names meant! How cool! Speaking of Hadrian...I kind of thought he would have been more mean...towards the end that is. I know that he developed feeling and genuine ..."

Don't worry, Hadrian is going to show just how angry he is in the next book. Hadrian will not let Kyran get away with what he's done. Kyran is at Hadrian's mercy but question is, will Hadrian show him any?


Monica | 12 comments Hmmmm that is a puzzling question. I can't wait to read what will happen! I suppose you can't tell us if Kyran will keep his name or not by the end? Lol it would be hard to start calling him Ben... and once Alex lets go of Kyran would Kyran appearance change back to normal?


message 24: by S.F. (new)

S.F. Mazhar | 29 comments Monica wrote: "Hmmmm that is a puzzling question. I can't wait to read what will happen! I suppose you can't tell us if Kyran will keep his name or not by the end? Lol it would be hard to start calling him Ben......"

The question of what name Kyran will go by will be addressed in the next book. :)
Kyran's appearance won't change. Alex's influence has left a permanent mark on Kyran by way of his appearance.


phoenix logan | 3 comments Since Kyran did the half bleed with Aaron does that mean that Kyran has a piece of Aaron's core? Does that mean that the Adams will be able to feel Kyran since he essentially took a piece of Aaron's core?


phoenix logan | 3 comments S.F. wrote: "Jane wrote: "There is also one thing I noticed was only mentioned brief. Kyran's name change from Ben to Kyran. Why that specific name? Will it play a bigger role later on? Or did Kyran (or Hadrian..."

That is such a cool explanation! I had no idea


message 27: by S.F. (new)

S.F. Mazhar | 29 comments phoenix logan wrote: "Since Kyran did the half bleed with Aaron does that mean that Kyran has a piece of Aaron's core? Does that mean that the Adams will be able to feel Kyran since he essentially took a piece of Aaron'..."

Ahh, I like the way your mind works :)
Yes, Kyran has in fact taken a piece of Aaron's core when he did the half-bleed, but unfortunately that doesn't mean his parents will be able 'feel' the bond with Kyran. Their core will recognise the piece of Aaron's core inside Kyran as still Aaron. The bond will still be broken between Kyran and his parents. That can never be undone.


Stacey | 1 comments I'm curious if there's meaning behind the other character's names besides Hadrian and Kyran.


message 29: by S.F. (last edited Oct 07, 2016 09:35PM) (new)

S.F. Mazhar | 29 comments Stacey wrote: "I'm curious if there's meaning behind the other character's names besides Hadrian and Kyran."

Every name I've chosen has meaning behind it ;)

The surnames of the Elementals, Adams, Aedus, Afton and Avira are names that translate to their four elements.

Alex is shortened for Alexander, which means 'protector of man'. Fitting for him as he protects Kyran even after death.

Neriah means 'divine light'.

There's too many to list, but every name I've chosen has been because of what meaning there is behind the name, and if it suits the characters.


Monica | 12 comments S.F. wrote: "Stacey wrote: "I'm curious if there's meaning behind the other character's names besides Hadrian and Kyran."

Every name I've chosen has meaning behind it ;)

The surnames of the Elementals, Adams,..."


Wow...that's super interesting about the whole name thing! I never thought to look up what their names might mean. I am sad to hear that Mr. and Mrs. Adams will never be able to feel Kyran or fix the bond. I can't imagine how hard that would be for both Kyran and the Adams.

I'm so excited for the next book! Its hard waiting to find out whats going to happen to both Kyran and Aaron!!!


message 31: by S.F. (last edited Oct 08, 2016 08:18AM) (new)

S.F. Mazhar | 29 comments Monica wrote: "S.F. wrote: "Stacey wrote: "I'm curious if there's meaning behind the other character's names besides Hadrian and Kyran."

Every name I've chosen has meaning behind it ;)

The surnames of the Eleme..."


What Hadrian did to Kyran, breaking the bond his parents had with him, is one of the reasons Kyran could never just forgive Hadrian and move on. I need to make it permanent damage, to show how devastating it is and that even if Kyran was to somehow find his way back to Chris and Kate, things can never be 'the way they were meant to be'. Some tragedies you can never recover from.


Monica | 12 comments Yeah I understand. It has to be done. It's just sad is all.

Does Lyla...wait, is that her name? lol I think I spelled it wrong. The vampire. Anywho, how old is she exactly? And does she really have a romantic sort of crush on Kyran or is she just crazy?


message 33: by S.F. (new)

S.F. Mazhar | 29 comments Monica wrote: "Yeah I understand. It has to be done. It's just sad is all.

Does Lyla...wait, is that her name? lol I think I spelled it wrong. The vampire. Anywho, how old is she exactly? And does she really ha..."


Layla is relatively young for a vampire. Her story will unfold in the fourth book. She is crazy, no doubt about it, but her feelings for Kyran are real and as romantic as they can be. They didn't start that way. You will see more about that in the fourth book.


Monica | 12 comments S.F. wrote: "Monica wrote: "Yeah I understand. It has to be done. It's just sad is all.

Does Lyla...wait, is that her name? lol I think I spelled it wrong. The vampire. Anywho, how old is she exactly? And doe..."


Glad to know...even though she is crazy, she intrigues me. lol


message 35: by S.F. (new)

S.F. Mazhar | 29 comments Monica wrote: "S.F. wrote: "Monica wrote: "Yeah I understand. It has to be done. It's just sad is all.

Does Lyla...wait, is that her name? lol I think I spelled it wrong. The vampire. Anywho, how old is she exa..."


Lol! Good. I want you intrigued ;)


message 36: by Ny (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ny | 6 comments Will the fourth book include more Kyran and Rose moments :)


message 37: by S.F. (new)

S.F. Mazhar | 29 comments Ny wrote: "Will the fourth book include more Kyran and Rose moments :)"

If Kyran survives, yes.


message 38: by Ny (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ny | 6 comments WHAT DO YOU MEAN IF HE SURVIVES


message 39: by S.F. (last edited Oct 08, 2016 11:56AM) (new)

S.F. Mazhar | 29 comments Ny wrote: "WHAT DO YOU MEAN IF HE SURVIVES "

You did read what happened at the end of the book, right? What are the chances that Kyran will survive Hadrian? Kyran is now all that stands between Hadrian and his deepest desire to become the one leader holding all four legacies. Why wouldn't Hadrian take it?


message 40: by Ny (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ny | 6 comments ....cause he's his son!!!


message 41: by Ny (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ny | 6 comments Kyran can't die! He's hadrians heir.


message 42: by S.F. (new)

S.F. Mazhar | 29 comments Ny wrote: "....cause he's his son!!!"

He is, but now that he's 'turned' against his father Hadrian, their relationship has become very complicated.


message 43: by S.F. (new)

S.F. Mazhar | 29 comments Ny wrote: "Kyran can't die! He's hadrians heir."

Yes he is, but Kyran now holds all four legacies. When Hadrian kills him and drinks his blood, he'll take all four legacies from Kyran and finally become undefeatable. He will be able to rule the realm as the only legacies holder. Hadrain may love Kyran, but he also loved Neriah like a brother. He killed him for the sake of power, why wouldn't he do the same to Kyran?

And knowing Kyran, he's not going to make things any easier for himself.


message 44: by Ny (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ny | 6 comments Oh no don't do this safina!! at first when I read the books I was Like...I know where this is going then BAM you twisted it and made it something new! Now idk what to expect. Kyran might die! He might not! Why... Curse the power of the author!!! ;D

But considering how Kyran can drain the life force, which he nearly did to Hadrian! Can't he do that again? End Hadrian? But then Kyran might not because he raised him. Oh Man! Now am contradicting everything I'm saying about this series!


message 45: by S.F. (last edited Oct 08, 2016 12:14PM) (new)

S.F. Mazhar | 29 comments Ny wrote: "Oh no don't do this safina!! at first when I read the books I was Like...I know where this is going then BAM you twisted it and made it something new! Now idk what to expect. Kyran might die! He mi..."

Lol, authors truly do have too much power!

Kyran has the ability to drain life, but he swore on Aaron's life that he wouldn't bleed out another vamage. Even if Kyran could, in a moment of desperation, for sheer survival, convince himself to bleed out Hadrian, he won't because he promised his brother he wouldn't.


Monica | 12 comments S.F. wrote: "Ny wrote: "Oh no don't do this safina!! at first when I read the books I was Like...I know where this is going then BAM you twisted it and made it something new! Now idk what to expect. Kyran might..."

Oh my gosh....this is so intense. My mind is like all over the place thinking about all these different scenarios that could happen! But i agree....you CAN"T kill off Kyran....everyone would be devastated!!! The characters in your book would be devastated..your readers...everyone. lol I don't know if I could recover. ;p


message 47: by S.F. (new)

S.F. Mazhar | 29 comments Monica wrote: "S.F. wrote: "Ny wrote: "Oh no don't do this safina!! at first when I read the books I was Like...I know where this is going then BAM you twisted it and made it something new! Now idk what to expect..."

One question...forget everything else and tell me this...will Aaron let Kyran die?


Monica | 12 comments No. Aaron wouldn't let Kyran die. He's the best kind of brother you could ever wish for...at least in my opinion.

But, there are situations and things that Aaron simply cannot control even though he may want to with every fiber of his being.


message 49: by Ny (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ny | 6 comments No way he wouldn't, but assuming someone important will die who is crucial to the plot!


message 50: by S.F. (new)

S.F. Mazhar | 29 comments Monica wrote: "No. Aaron wouldn't let Kyran die. He's the best kind of brother you could ever wish for...at least in my opinion.

But, there are situations and things that Aaron simply cannot control even though..."


It won't stop Aaron, even if he fails, he'll still fight for Kyran.


« previous 1
back to top