Monthly Recommendations discussion

2016 Topics > November: Family Focus

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Trina (Between Chapters) (last edited Oct 31, 2016 09:16AM) (new)

Trina (Between Chapters) (trinabetweenchapters) | 129 comments Mod
November's theme is Family Focus. Recommend books with your favorite examples of family relationships.

-You could highlight YA that has parents who are present and active in the main character's life.
-You could highlight adult novels that show aging family members, or stories about new parents.
-Which fictional family's Thanksgiving dinner would you most like to be at?
-Your favorite fictional parents, siblings, or children.
-Or point out books with family struggles. Maybe a neglectful parent is portrayed and you dislike that character, but if it's a large emphasis of the story that had an impact on you, share it!
-Don't forget the families that we choose for ourselves - very close friend groups can count.

The books you share don't have to be solely ABOUT family relationships. Any small role is fine. We just want to hear whatever has resonated with you. They do not have to be ideal families, and remember that there are many types of families.

Share your recommendations here: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 2: by Brittany (new)

Brittany (brittanyalways) Oh I love this! Definitely more in my wheelhouse- I can actually recommend some things in Nov :-p

message 3: by Zelie (new)

Zelie (bookadmirer) | 2 comments Cannot wait to discuss this! :D

message 4: by Julie (new)

Julie Tyuk Excellent topic! i am in:-)

message 5: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra Pedro (alexandracpedro) I'll participate in this one for sure +.+

message 6: by Cherrie (new)

Cherrie | 14 comments Great topic I'll definitely be joining in with this one :)

message 7: by Meagan (new)

Meagan | 7 comments PERFECT TOPIC FOR THIS MONTH!
I'm super pumped for this. :)

(Tracy's) Book Balderdash (bookbalderdash) | 1 comments The family we build in life, friends as family (and excuse to reread): Harry Potter!!!

message 9: by Cassie (new)

Cassie This sounds like a fun topic to read about. A good book to read would be The Unexpected Everything.

message 10: by Meagan (new)

Meagan | 7 comments FAMILY FOCUS MR. :)

https://youtu.be/qV441poBbQs