Gaston Library discussion

Monthly Reading Wrap Ups > September 2016 Monthly Reading Wrap Up

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Holbrook (jessicalh08) | 258 comments Mod
Time for another Monthly Reading Wrap Up!

I got super busy in September and didn't read as much as I wanted, so I only read two books this month.

The Borrower by Rebecca Makkai- Definitely an interesting story. I didn't much like the apathetic attitude the main character had at points, but I still enjoyed it!

The Round House by Louise Erdrich- I enjoyed this story as well. It fell behind in the middle and dragged a lot. It got lost in other back stories and lost the main story being told. It ended well though, which made up for the middle.

Be sure to share below what you read this past month, I love hearing from you!

Happy Reading!

message 2: by Kendall (new)

Kendall | 58 comments Mod
Hey Jessica!

I finally read Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, and it was a fun read! The Harry Potter series ended for me with the regular series, and this didn't feel like a Harry Potter novel. However, I liked the characters and the plot choices. It is also a play, so I would love to see some of the scenes onstage. I think it would clarify some of the jokes.

I also read The Boston Girl. I was looking forward to this book after reading The Red Tent; however, I did not think it was as good as its predecessor. It was a quick read though. The story was not complicated, and I found myself reading large chunks in one sitting.

message 3: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Holbrook (jessicalh08) | 258 comments Mod
Kendall, I feel the same way about Harry Potter and the Cursed Child. I definitely hope they bring the play over to the states so I can see it on stage. I do think it will be so much better that way.