What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > medieval quest with a red haired girl a minstrel boy and a tree man imp thing

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 6 comments Its a Story about a red haired girl who goes on a quest(maybe to find her father) i think her name was Rose or something like a flower. she has a magical power with plants or roses or something and knows how to use a staff to defend herself .She has a friend that is a minstrel boy and there is a grumpy tree man thing that also travels with her . it wasn't a huge book more like a medium sized paperback in the YA section of the library. it had a beautiful picture on the front of a girl with long flowing red hair and a brown cloak or cape with a metal rose pendant and green leggings she is standing in the woods holding a wooden staff with a carved rose and vine .maybe there was a rose bush also in a lower corner almost hiding is a weird little twiggy looking man thing . I read this book 12-15years ago and our library had just bought it so not sure if it was a new release or not . apparently it wasn't that popular because they sold it in the next book sale and i couldn't find it again. Thanks in advance

message 2: by Bargle (new)

Bargle | 1218 comments It sounds like one of the Piers Anthony Xanth novels. I don't remember which one exactly off-hand. I read them all in rapid succession and they sort of run together for me. Maybe someone else recognizes the specific book.

https://www.goodreads.com/series/4049...

message 3: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 6 comments No I don't think that's it thank you tho

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38268 comments Mod
Duplicate request from September deleted. Please only post your request once and bookmark it, otherwise it gets confusing if people are posting suggestions in multiple locations.

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Dreamhunter? The cover doesn't match, but one of the MC is named Rose and there is a father who has disappeared.

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

The Conjurer Princess?

Was the cover a photograph or an illustration?

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

The Mora Stone features a red-haired girl named Willow.

message 8: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

The Juniper Game features a girl named Juniper.

message 9: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 6 comments It was a drawing not a picture I don't think it's any of those thanks tho I have a few new ones to add to my to be read

message 10: by Bargle (last edited Nov 20, 2016 06:28AM) (new)

Bargle | 1218 comments Forgot to mention that in the Piers Anthony books, the twiggy little man figure is Grundy Golem. Does that name ring a bell?

message 11: by Samina (new)

Samina Aziz | 43 comments sounds like a book by Robin Mckinley maybe? or P C Wrede

message 12: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34460 comments Mod
Authors Robin McKinley and Patricia C. Wrede - suggested by Samina.

message 13: by Polly (new)

Polly (pollya) | 121 comments The description of the cover reminds me of a combination of some of Charles de Lint's non-urban fantasy covers. I'm pretty sure it's neither Robin McKinley nor Patricia Wrede, I am very familiar with all their books.

message 14: by Bargle (last edited Nov 04, 2017 04:53AM) (new)

Bargle | 1218 comments Bumping this up since someone may be looking for the same book here.

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 15: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (khek) | 270 comments Could it be one of the Sebastian Darke books, by Philip Caveny?

message 16: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Rachel, are you still looking for this or did you find it?