Unblemished (Unblemished #1)
This topic is about Unblemished
Books! > Unblemished

Comments Showing 1-35 of 35 (35 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Angela (coffeechapters) | 162 comments Mod
Let's Chat!

Melanie Kilsby (realitywriter) | 107 comments Mod
I have to pre-order the book! I think I might do Sara Ella's pre-order challenge. Who else is doing it?

I knew this one was going to be a winner and I can't wait for you guys to read it!

I can't wait to read it too!! I hope it isn't a long wait like our last pick though lol!! I am finally finishing it hahaha!

yes I hope so as well!

Okay guys... who has Unblemished?

I have seen some of our groupies reading this book and want to know who has gotten their pre-orders in. Because I don't have mine. *crying*

Christen Krumm (krummcake) | 4 comments Oh no!!! Did you get it from Amazon? Can you track it???

Melanie wrote: "Okay guys... who has Unblemished?

I have seen some of our groupies reading this book and want to know who has gotten their pre-orders in. Because I don't have mine. *crying*"

@Christian, I will go and try to track it because yes, I got it from Amazon :D

@Kari, you go girl!!! So excited for you!

it kinda works

lol

You can do it!!!!

message 12: by Zoë (new)

Zoë (zoeblife) Is Unblemished Christian? It sounds kinda scary....

message 13: by Melanie (last edited Oct 15, 2016 11:02AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Zoe, great question! We strive for all of our book picks to be Christian based.

Sara Ella is a Christian and it is from a Christian publisher... so we would assume that is the case. But, I have learned from previous experiences that is not always so. However, in this case, I am hoping it is and I believe the principle of this book is! Angela would know more as she has read it already. Let's wait for her reply :D

Christen Krumm (krummcake) | 4 comments I would say it has a Very positive message. Also, promise it isn't scary :) (at least I didn't feel it ever was!!)

Christen Krumm (krummcake) | 4 comments Also I see some allegorical threads in the story as well :)

Great chime-in Christian! Can't wait to find those allegorical nuggets.

If you have some questions for Sara when we do the live show, make sure to add them here :D

I no longer asume books from Christian pubishers are solid Christian books so before Melanie and I choose this one I was able to read the ARC I recieved from Sara Ella. Though not blantly so it has great themes and the Allegory that Christen mentioned. It's actully not scary at all... I am a huge chicken when it comes to scary books and I didn't have a problem with anything in this... even with the Void and the main Villian was more a "whit and charm" villian than a "kill you with a curse" villian...
I hope this helps.
Also knowing more about the author and even chatting with her personally her faith is very previlent in her life and it played a role in her writing you can tell :)

message 18: by Zoë (new)

Zoë (zoeblife) Okay, great thank you so much! That does make me feel better about it :)
And I do agree with you guys about a lot of "Christian" books recently haven't necessarily been Christian!

Shantelle Who else had started Unblemished? I'm a little over 50% through! :)

I haven't gotten it yet? :*( I have a serious issue with Amazon right now lol! They don't like sending me my books on time.... ugh! I can't wait to see what you think Shantelle!!

Shantelle Yay!! Ugh, I hope you get your copy soon, Melanie!! That's no fun! I've been really enjoying Unblemished! Can't wait to see how it all turns out! :D

I'm over here trying not to leak out spoilers as you guys are getting through the book! I can't wait for book 2!

Hahahahaaa... let's leave spoilers for the live show :D

:D

Got my book in y'all!!

Amazon has not let me down... I repeat, Amazon has not let me down...

message 26: by Zoë (new)

Zoë (zoeblife) Melanie- I often order my Christian books off christianbook. com, which I call CBD

Yes! I do too. They are awesome and when we were homeschooling it was like Christmas in September with CBD!! But, I am in Canada and shipping is a killer sometimes. Especially when you don't order a lot.

also our exchange rate right now

message 29: by Zoë (new)

Zoë (zoeblife) Yeah, I'm in Canada too. My sister lived in the states so we always ship our thing there, and then we get it from her when we can.

Yay! There is actually a lot of Canadians on here.
That is so smart lol!! I need a sister in the States! ;)

Christen Krumm (krummcake) | 4 comments Melanie have you tried Book Depository? They ship free anywhere in the world :) I'm not sure they have homeschooling books, but they have just about everything else!!

message 32: by Melanie (last edited Oct 19, 2016 09:11AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

No, I haven't tried them yet, Christen. I am hoping on another window to check them out! Thanks :D

Me too!!

HAHAHAA!! Christen.... I am even on Book Depository for my books and didn't even know it lol! Oh man, I am going to definitely be using them in the future! Thanks for the tip :D

Last night to get some reading in!!!