Brandon Sanderson Community discussion

Favourite book series by Brandon Sanderson?

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hasham (new)

Hasham Rasool | 10 comments My favourite book series by Brandon Sanderson are Mistborn and Stormlight Archive.

Roland of Gilead | 17 comments Same. I hate to pick what will likely be the most common response, but it's a damn fine (and grand) story. It's also his baby which is probably why it's such incredibly high quality literature, even by traditional Sanderson standards.

message 4: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 8 comments Maybe the question should be what is your favorite Sanderson book after Mistborn and Stormlight ;)

message 5: by Nate (new)

Nate | 43 comments Lauren, that doesn't make it any easier! Is it Warbreaker or Elantris? I loved Warbreaker because of Lightsong and I have a feeling Warbreaker 2 will be epic. But there's something magical about Sel and Elantris, which while rough around the edges, was compelling. I also loved Shai and her story. I know these two books aren't a "series" yet, but nothing else is either outside of Mistborn and SA.

message 6: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 8 comments Warbreaker!!! I can't wait for the next one, it's my favorite after Mistborn/Stormlight but I like Vasher more then Lightsong. The Emperor's Soul would be my next pick, Sel is a super cool world and there are so many different magic systems we don't know a lot about yet. I love Elantris but Shia's magic is more imaginative and interesting to me.
Non cosmere it would be Legion, I want to throw things and burn my house down when I finish one of the WAY to short stories. I need to know what the hell is going on with Stephen Leeds!!!

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 29 comments My first 2 Sanderson books were Warbreaker and Elantris and they will forever hold a special place in my heart. Lightsong is one of my favorite characters of all time.

Roland of Gilead | 17 comments Yeah, I don't mind him either.

message 9: by another halima (new)

another halima (anotherhalima) | 3 comments Stromlight Archive is definitely my favourite Cosmere series but then again we have a long way to go before the Cosmere is complete. sooooo for now its Stromlight Archive

message 10: by Elodin (new)

Elodin | 2 comments Stormlight Archive without doubt. The world is seamless and the magic is amazing. There is also Witt/Hoid and Kaladin which means it has to be awesome.

message 11: by Susan (new)

Susan (susani90) | 2 comments If you guys want a fantastic youtube bookclub about the Stormlight Archive I would recommend: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hznq1...

The guy is hilarious and fantastic.

p.s. My favourite is Mistborn series because it was my introduction to Brandon Sanderson. It will always be special for me. However, in say that Stormlight Archive so far is AMAZING !

message 12: by Drew (new)

Drew (hurricanedaddy) | 4 comments First two books in Stormlight Archive of course, and it isn't even really close. I like Mistborn but it doesn't hold a candle spren to Stormlight.

message 13: by Slick (new)

Slick | 73 comments Stormlight Archive. It's really no contest. Mistborn is good too but it cant hold a candle to Stormlight.

message 14: by Charlotte (last edited Jan 30, 2017 03:04PM) (new)

Charlotte (cf25) | 6 comments Same here... Stormlight Archive all the way. I don't even care if the books are fucking tomes. Speaking of, when's book 3 coming out, Sanderson? You better not do a GRRM!

message 15: by Susan (new)

Susan (susani90) | 2 comments Charlotte wrote: "Same here... Stormlight Archive all the way. I don't even care if the books are fucking tomes. Speaking of, when's book 3 coming out, Sanderson? You better not do a GRRM!"

Apparently, some time this year is the expected publication date.

message 16: by Nate (new)

Nate | 43 comments Brandon has finished it and is on the 3rd draft editing now. It's called Oathbringer and is expected to come out in November 2017.

message 17: by Blade (new)

Blade Slash | 1 comments The reckoners are the best.

message 18: by Charlotte (last edited Feb 06, 2017 03:07PM) (new)

Charlotte (cf25) | 6 comments Nate wrote: "Brandon has finished it and is on the 3rd draft editing now. It's called Oathbringer and is expected to come out in November 2017."

Susan wrote: "Charlotte wrote: "Same here... Stormlight Archive all the way. I don't even care if the books are fucking tomes. Speaking of, when's book 3 coming out, Sanderson? You better not do a GRRM!"

Appare..."

Thank you, you two. I checked Sanderson's website and OMG, November seemed ages away. I hate all this waiting.

message 19: by ChopinFC (new)

ChopinFC | 3 comments Started on Stormlight 2 and I'm absolutely hooked. Sanderson is a God find... Mistborn series is up next, can't wait!

message 20: by Slick (new)

Slick | 73 comments Stormlight Archive is his best piece. Masterclass.

message 21: by Ilona (new)

Ilona (Ilona-s) | 6 comments My favourite book series by Brandon Sanderson is the original Mistborn.

Then probably The Rithmatist. With this one, I am discovering the long long wait.

message 22: by James (new)

James Montgomery (terminarcher) | 2 comments ChopinFC wrote: "Started on Stormlight 2 and I'm absolutely hooked. Sanderson is a God find... Mistborn series is up next, can't wait!"

I can't wait for you to read Mistborn. It's absolutely fantastic. Stormlight is awesome but it's issue is it isn't complete so one can only rate a portion of the overall story. The original Mistborn trilogy is the most complete story I've ever read.

message 23: by Paul (new)

Paul Ringkamp (excelsius) | 2 comments I read the Mistborn series in two Languages, then Stormlight and now Elantris and Warbreaker.
Its really hard to point at my favourite but i would say Mistborn with a mist veil thin distance before stormlight simply because it was my starting drug

message 24: by Orlanda (new)

Orlanda For me is Mistborn series. 1st one for better story, Wax and Wayne for lots of laugh (really, reading in public everyone wiil look at you)

message 25: by Vlad (new)

Vlad (vlad789) | 10 comments For me the "Stormlight Archive" is BY FAR my favorite series by Sanderson, it is also his Magnum Opus since he's had ideas for it ever since he was in his late teens I believe. Not only is it My Favorite Series by Sanderson, but it takes the cake at #1 Top Spot out of All Book & Fantasy Books in General.

I've read some Fantasy Series that are almost just as Great in Quality, namely: 1.) Lies of Locke Lamora, 2.) Kingkiller Chronicles, 3.) The First Law, & 4.) A.S.O.I.A.F., but "Stormlight Archive" is Just Something else, Almost Divine lol and Surpasses those series.

message 26: by Vlad (new)

Vlad (vlad789) | 10 comments Josh wrote: "It's hard to not say Stormlight Archive when Brandon Sanderson himself says "it's the grand epic he's been waiting for years to tell and he only now thinks his writing skill is capable". So excited..."

Yea, from what I've read, he's had conceptions and ideas for "Stormlight Archive" ever since he was in his late teens. Him being in his 40's now, I believe, that speaks volumes and is Most Certainly his Magnum Opus if not the Greatest Fantasy Series since A.S.O.I.A.F. I just Can't Wait till it gets the Small Screen or Big Screen Treatment just like "Game of Thrones" did, because once it does, I think it'll be EVEN BIGGER than "Game of Thrones" Series or "LOTR" Movie Trilogy.

message 27: by Георги (new)

Георги Пеев | 3 comments For me the favourite ones are in this order
1. Equally Stormlight and Mistborn
3. The Reckoners.

message 28: by Caleb (new)

Caleb (kingsleyshacklebolt77) | 97 comments I really liked The Stirmlight Archive but Mistborn holds a strong place in my heart. I can’t decide between the two.

message 29: by Aïda (new)

Aïda Oliver gonzález (perfectstardust) | 1 comments For me:

Cosmere Universe:
1. Stormlight and Mistborn Era 1
2. Warbreaker
3. Mistborn Era 2
4. Elantris

Not Cosmere:
1. The Reckoners
2. Skyward

I'm currently reading The Rithmatist and I still need to read Legion so maybe this will change in the future... we'll see

message 30: by Wilhelm (new)

Wilhelm (wammi) | 1 comments My favourite series of ALL time is The Stormlight Archives and it will be very hard to top that, even for Sanderson. It gets this spot for its amazing stories, character growths and the way you are able to connect with the struggles the people go through. SA has given me alot.

Mistborn era 1 is high up for its magnificient wrap-up and mystery while era 2 is right behind with its amazing character interactions.

The other series are really fun too, but not on the same level imo.