Horror Aficionados discussion

Sineater
This topic is about Sineater
Buddy Reads > Sineater

Comments Showing 1-49 of 49 (49 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rachel (last edited Oct 04, 2016 11:27AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rachel Bea (gekrepten) | 1760 comments Starting soon! :)

So far it's me, Latasha and John.

EDIT:
Sineater by Elizabeth Massie by Elizabeth Massie

Char  | 13721 comments Mod
Is that this Sineater? Sineater?

Rachel Bea (gekrepten) | 1760 comments Charlene wrote: "Is that this Sineater? Sineater?"

Yes! I just updated the post to add that info in

message 4: by Char (last edited Oct 04, 2016 12:07PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

I'm going to add it up above too, so everyone will see when they come in. :)

Edited to add: There you go!

John (jrd1st) I've read up to ch7

Rachel Bea (gekrepten) | 1760 comments Charlene wrote: "I'm going to add it up above too, so everyone will see when they come in. :)

Edited to add: There you go!"

thank you!!! :D

John wrote: "I've read up to ch7"

Damn, John! Do you just sit and read all day, every day? LOL
How do you get so much done?

Rachel Bea (gekrepten) | 1760 comments John wrote: "I've read up to ch7"

Great! I will start it tomorrow on my way to work. I have a long commute so I will be able to knock out quite a bit by the time I get home from work.

Rachel Bea (gekrepten) | 1760 comments I just started it this morning... AH! I love it! I'm not very far in, so I can't wait to get home and pick it up again!

message 10: by John (new) - rated it 4 stars

John (jrd1st) Just beginning ch10 (view spoiler)

message 11: by John (new) - rated it 4 stars

John (jrd1st) Just beginning ch14.

Latasha (latasha513) | 10683 comments Mod
i'll start soon. I got sick and everything has been put on hold.

message 13: by John (new) - rated it 4 stars

John (jrd1st) I'm at Pt2, Ch1. The story is pretty interesting, but "The Sineater's Family" would have been a more apt title. (view spoiler)

message 14: by Rachel (last edited Oct 07, 2016 02:01PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rachel Bea (gekrepten) | 1760 comments John wrote: "Just beginning ch10 [spoilers removed]"

Yes, I like that too! (view spoiler)

message 15: by John (new) - rated it 4 stars

John (jrd1st) I'm up to Pt2 ch11. (view spoiler)

Rachel Bea (gekrepten) | 1760 comments I'm just starting pt 2 now!

(view spoiler)

Rachel Bea (gekrepten) | 1760 comments John wrote: "I'm at Pt2, Ch1. The story is pretty interesting, but "The Sineater's Family" would have been a more apt title. [spoilers removed]"

Yeah-- (view spoiler)

Rachel Bea (gekrepten) | 1760 comments Just got to part 2, ch 5.

(view spoiler)

message 19: by John (new) - rated it 4 stars

John (jrd1st) Rachel wrote: "Just got to part 2, ch 5.

[spoilers removed]"

I think (view spoiler)

message 20: by Rachel (last edited Oct 09, 2016 09:32AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rachel Bea (gekrepten) | 1760 comments John wrote: "I'm up to Pt2 ch11. [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

I just reached pt2 cht 14 and (view spoiler)

message 21: by John (last edited Oct 09, 2016 09:47AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

John (jrd1st) Earlier in the book we found out that (view spoiler)

message 22: by Rachel (last edited Oct 09, 2016 09:49AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rachel Bea (gekrepten) | 1760 comments Oh you're right! (view spoiler)

I just got to the start of chapter 17 in pt 2 but i'm gonna switch over to another book now. I've neglected Usher's Passing for a few days!

message 23: by John (last edited Oct 09, 2016 04:47PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

John (jrd1st) I'm beginning pt2 ch25. OMG! (view spoiler)

I'm going to try to finish this tonight.

message 24: by John (new) - rated it 4 stars

John (jrd1st) I've finished! You'll never guess the whole mystery. ;)

Rachel Bea (gekrepten) | 1760 comments oh im so jealous you finished it already and know what happens! lol.

message 26: by John (new) - rated it 4 stars

John (jrd1st) Rachel wrote: "oh im so jealous you finished it already and know what happens! lol."
The way there is the best part. ;)

I started today and dear lord! that is a sure way of scaring your kids out of ever having any!

message 28: by John (new) - rated it 4 stars

John (jrd1st) Latasha wrote: "I started today and dear lord! that is a sure way of scaring your kids out of ever having any!"
Having any what?

Rachel Bea (gekrepten) | 1760 comments Latasha wrote: "I started today and dear lord! that is a sure way of scaring your kids out of ever having any!"

LOL!

Having any kids!

message 31: by John (new) - rated it 4 stars

John (jrd1st) Lol, oh yeah. l forgot about that part. :O

Rachel Bea (gekrepten) | 1760 comments starting chapter 1 of part 3 now. I don't have much left to read so I'm really nervous for what's gonna happen !

message 33: by John (new) - rated it 4 stars

John (jrd1st) It'll probably be a surprise to some extent. lol

Rachel Bea (gekrepten) | 1760 comments I finished!! I can't put a spoiler cuz I'm on my phone so I won't say much right now. but what an emotional ride!! I got very emotional at the end!

message 35: by John (new) - rated it 4 stars

John (jrd1st) Rachel wrote: " but what an emotional ride!! I got very emotional at the end!"

Does every book make you emotional? lol The last time I got emotional was when (view spoiler) series. That really got to me.

Rachel Bea (gekrepten) | 1760 comments lol, I am pretty sensitive!! :D

I'm at the 50% mark and I'm not liking it. If I had anything else to listen to I wouldn't listen to the rest. I'm listening to the audiobook and fir a while I was just lost and had no idea what was going on.

Rachel Bea (gekrepten) | 1760 comments Latasha wrote: "I'm at the 50% mark and I'm not liking it. If I had anything else to listen to I wouldn't listen to the rest. I'm listening to the audiobook and fir a while I was just lost and had no idea what was..."

aw, i'm sorry you're not liking it! i wasn't expecting the book to be more like a mystery/drama than horror; i thought it was going to be like a monster book or something to be honest. i liked its themes, though. i'm curious as to how it would translate into audiobook (i dont really do audiobooks, i get SO distracted lol).

message 39: by John (new) - rated it 4 stars

John (jrd1st) I thought it was pretty good. But not a horror novel at all, except one part was pretty horrible...

It's ok, didn't know til i tried but I don't like it. I don't like the story. And the animal torture! If I had known about that, I would've skipped this one. I don't think the narrator is very good so that's probably making it worse.

message 41: by John (new) - rated it 4 stars

John (jrd1st) Is it an Audible audio? Return it. lol

Yeah, I'm going to. Sorry guys.

message 43: by John (new) - rated it 4 stars

John (jrd1st) No, I'm sorry you didn't enjoy it. :(

Rachel Bea (gekrepten) | 1760 comments Aw its ok. I'm sorry!

it's ok, maybe the next one will be better.

message 46: by John (new) - rated it 4 stars

John (jrd1st) Latasha, have you ever read Carrion Comfort? The audible version is pretty good, too.

No I haven't.

message 48: by John (new) - rated it 4 stars

John (jrd1st) Latasha wrote: "No I haven't."

You should check it out. It's about psychic vampires. It's a very big book. The audio is worth a credit. ;)

message 49: by Addy (new) - added it

Addy | 4989 comments I think I would like this one. I might have it but I'm not sure I want to go thru all my stuff to find it!