K.M. Weiland's Read 100 Books in 2016 Challenge discussion

On Track?

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joanne (new)

Joanne Roberts | 22 comments How is everyone doing toward their goals? We have roughly thirteen weeks left in our challenge. My goodreads meter says I've read 194, but actually only 74 of those count towards my K. M Weiland reading goal. I should make it, but I can't lose focus or get distracted. How about you guys? Are the holidays a boon or an obstacle for you?

message 2: by Faith (new)

Faith (faithpotts) I've read 94 books this year so far, all which count towards my goal (except maybe one that is not published yet). I looking forward to the holidays to read some Christmas books :D

message 3: by Benjamin (new)

Benjamin  Thomas | 104 comments By the end of the day I'll be at 68. With my current strategy I should be fine by the end of the year.

message 4: by Jessica (new)

Jessica  (jessical1961) I am at 73 toward my goal making me 2 books behind schedule. I will get caught up though, not worried about it.

message 5: by Wombat (new)

Wombat Made it and more :) I tried just stopping, or even slowing down now -but the reading pace has gotten under my skin and I think i get withdrawal now If im not reading :)

message 6: by K.M. (new)

K.M. Weiland (kmweiland) | 67 comments Mod
You know, it's ironic. The year I head up a "Read 100 Books in a Year" challenge is probably going to be the first year in recent history that I *don't* read 100 books. :p Life happened, and I'm only up to about 60 right now.

message 7: by Rick (new)

Rick Presley | 18 comments I'm with you, Kate. Not going to make it this year due to lots of life happening.

message 8: by Jessica (new)

Jessica  (jessical1961) I should get caught up today! I am only one book behind as of yesterday, and I am currently reading that book. How long I stay caught up remains to be seen. Last year I read 98 books. I hope I make it to 100 this year.

message 9: by Wayne (new)

Wayne | 4 comments finished at108 and still going like to add some more

message 10: by Amber (new)

Amber (amberkayc) | 4 comments My goal was 104 and I've read 110 so far and I still have 13 days left in the year. I'm sure I might add one or two more.

message 11: by Diana (new)

Diana | 5 comments You all are amazing readers! congrats! I've only read , I think, 34 books.

message 12: by Marie (new)

Marie | 1 comments Diana wrote: "You all are amazing readers! congrats! I've only read , I think, 34 books."

Same here, just over 30 books, but this is the first year I am actually counting the books I read. I will definitely give it another go next year!

message 13: by Diana (new)

Diana | 5 comments Marie wrote: "Diana wrote: "You all are amazing readers! congrats! I've only read , I think, 34 books."

Same here, just over 30 books, but this is the first year I am actually counting the books I read. I will ..."

I read 50 last year. This year I did more writing and critiquing in my writing group. Which left me with less time to read. Maybe next year I'll read lots!!

:D

message 14: by Chad (new)

Chad Hoblitz (codewitch) | 9 comments I am at 59 and probably finish at 61 or 62. Life happened. This the least amount I have ever read.