Crime Detective Mystery Thriller Group discussion

General Discussions > In search of old book

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (mcdawn73) | 17 comments I'm in search of a book, well actually my husband is. He can't remember the name of it. It was from the late 70's, early 80's and I think he said it was a mystery, or talked about a murder. The book was very expensive for the times. I think he said hardback. About every chapter or somewhere in the chapters there would be pages that had an envelope attached to it that would have something in it to give you clues to help solve the crime/murder. He was probably only around 10 at the time and he said it fascinated him. I don't think he actually had the book, probably just borrowed it from the library.

If anyone knows what I may be talking about or has any idea of the name I would greatly appreciate it.

message 2: by L.A. (new)

L.A. Kent | 88 comments Haven't got a clue but it sounds fascinating! I'm surprised the clues stayed in tact even in the good old days when all people were all good and no-one stole anything from libraries.

message 3: by Jim (new)

Jim (jimmaclachlan) Could it be The Clue Of The Left-Handed Envelope: Ready-for-chapters or one of his others? They're all here: The Third-Grade Detectives Mind-Boggling Collection: The Clue of the Left-Handed Envelope; The Puzzle of the Pretty Pink Handkerchief; The Mystery of the Hairy Tomatoes; The Cobweb Confession; The Riddle of the Stolen Sand; The Secret of the Green Skin.

If not, try the "What's the Name of that Book" group:
https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/...

Just be sure to read how to create your topic & question. I'm always amazed by how fast folks can come up with an answer. Make sure to put in there that it isn't my guess above, too.

message 4: by Skye (new)

Skye | 307 comments I bet Nancy will know.

message 5: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (mcdawn73) | 17 comments Thanks Jim! He said it wasn't geared towards kids. More for adults.