Brandon Sanderson Community discussion

Who is your number one favourite character in Mistborn?

Comments Showing 1-41 of 41 (41 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joel (new)

Joel | 67 comments A difficult question. I don't know if I'd be able to pick a number one favorite. There are so many different and great characters.

Roland of Gilead | 17 comments Kelsier. That one is surprisingly easy for me. I love his leadership style and his perspective on society. He's charismatic, strong, and as most Mistborn readers understand, incredibly flawed.

message 3: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 8 comments Vin and Kelsier all the way but I also really like Tensoon, Melaan and Wayne

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 29 comments Sazed. He's so wise and so good. I just loved him.

message 5: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 8 comments Do you feel the same for him now in the new books?

message 6: by Joel (new)

Joel | 67 comments I have really enjoyed Sazed's evolution as a character. The changes he went through in the original series, and where he is now. It's interesting to see a character change so much, but still remain the same in many ways.

I don't think I can pick just one, so here is a few favorites.

From the first trilogy my favorites are Vin, Sazed, and TenSoon.

From the Alloy of Law trilogy my favorites are Wayne, Steris, and Marasi so far. Wax is a great character, but I feel that without these others, the series wouldn't be nearly as good as it is. I really like the growth we have seen in Steris and Marasi throughout the three books so far.

message 7: by Lance (new)

Lance (pdxlance) | 60 comments I would have answered Sazed until I read Bands of Mourning. Now my favorite is Wayne. I love his sense of humor.

Roland of Gilead | 17 comments Something about Wax feels a little too heroic to totally love. I've struggled to really put a finger on my feelings for him. As said earlier, I do like him, but certain characters in the Mistborn universe seem to easily overwhelm him.

message 9: by Nina (new)

Nina Høegh-Larsen (leijaa) | 1 comments Lestibournes!

message 10: by Christian (new)

Christian Maulsby (maulsby) | 9 comments I'd loved to have had more detail on Marsh ... he is a favorite character of mine. But Vin has a special place in my heart as well.. she's top

message 11: by Nikhil (new)

Nikhil More | 11 comments Vin, but would have been Kel, if he hadnt died so soon...
everytime i read / reread mistborn series i miss his character

message 12: by another halima (new)

another halima (anotherhalima) | 3 comments My favourites are kel, spook and steris. Sazed used to be a fav from the original series but after reading the more recent books I'm quite confused. who knows the fourth book might have answers and might change it.

message 13: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Rader | 44 comments Vin and Wayne

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Vin from the first era, Wayne from the second (finally a character that appreciates a good hat)

message 15: by Javiera (new)

Javiera | 1 comments I only read the first trilogy, so I have to say Elend, I think it wasn't fair that he died thinking he didn't help the people :(

message 16: by Iki (last edited Sep 14, 2017 09:48AM) (new)

Iki Mbelle | 3 comments Kelsier in the first series was my favourite character. Almost an anti-hero with his hate, but he had such a beautiful vision for freedom and he always seemed to be ready to die for what he believed(then he did), and the everyman's reasons for his struggle; Love and Freedom (I'm South African, so his story kinda resonates closely with some of the struggle heroes we had in past times).
Definitely Wayne from the second, but Steris has given him a run for his money in my books.

message 17: by Brett (new)

Brett Swanson (brettswanny87) | 4 comments Iki wrote: "Kelsier in the first series was my favourite character. Almost an anti-hero with his hate, but he had such a beautiful vision for freedom and he always seemed to be ready to die for what he believe..."

I was shocked how high Steris jumped up my favorite character list. She went from a boorish damsel in distress in Alloy, to a truly fun and enjoyable character (with a small spark of bad-assery) in Bands.

message 18: by ChopinFC (new)

ChopinFC | 3 comments Descending order: Kelsier, Vin, Oreseur...

Can't forget to shout out to my brothers "Lord Ruler', ' Koloss' and 'Zane',

message 19: by Sleet (last edited Nov 20, 2017 07:13PM) (new)

Sleet | 8 comments Kelsier, Sazed then Breeze, from the first series from the second i can't decide between Wax and Wayne.

message 20: by Grace (new)

Grace Bailey I love Breeze from Mistborn. I think he is an easily overlooked character but has amazing depth when Sanderson gives us a couple chapters from his point of view. He guards himself with sarcasm and jokes and I just find it immensely endearing.

message 21: by sjaustirni (new)

sjaustirni | 1 comments Kelsier and Sazed would be an obvious pick, but I really like Marsh as well. Yes, he hasn't got very open personality, nor he is given too much space in the books, but I loved the inner struggles of his at the end of the first series.
I am currently reading Shadows of Self, so hopefully there'll be more of him in the second series as it currently is :(.

message 22: by Matias (new)

Matias Ramon | 34 comments 1- Lord Tyler
2- Tensoon
3- Wayne
4- Breeze
5- Sazed

message 23: by Matias (new)

Matias Ramon | 34 comments Lord Ruler*

message 24: by ❄️BooksofRadiance❄️ (last edited Jan 04, 2018 06:24AM) (new)

❄️BooksofRadiance❄️ (booksofradiance) | 1 comments Kelsier, Vin, Sazed, Breeze, Tensoon, and my man, Lord Ruler!

message 25: by Noah (new)

Noah (princedusty) | 95 comments Mod
wayne of course

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 29 comments Kelsier, Sazed, Wayne, Tensoon, Marasi (who's way underappreciated imo)

message 27: by Grace (new)

Grace Bailey Oh from the alloy of law series Wayne is my main man. U can always trust him and his jokes will make u happy inside :)

Erica B (ricci.reads) | 6 comments Original Mistborn... Vin when she's kicking ass
Second era Mistborn - Wayne
Stormlight Archive - Kaladin ❤️

message 29: by Amelia (new)

Amelia B | 4 comments I'm so torn, because I love all of these characters.

Overall, I think Sazed and Kelsier are my favorites. They just have such wonderful character arcs, especially Sazed. Going from faithful, to bitter, to basically god himself is such an interesting progression, and Sazed is such a chill and good person. Sanderson isn't quite done with Kelsier yet, and I'm excited to see where it goes. I think he's a great character because he can so easily be both a hero and a villain. I also love Marsh, once again because of his character arc- he's a better person than Kelsier, and he ends up being a symbol of death and evil while Kelsier is good and hope. Marsh's story is tragic, but he's doing his best and Branderson said he's happy to some degree so that's good.

From just era 1, I'd have to say Vin. She grows so much over the course of the series, and she's such a bamf.
Era 2, Wayne. He's wonderful. (I could go on but I won't)

All of cosmere though, or really any of Sanderson's books- Kaladin is my favorite character, hands down.

message 30: by Anasylvi (new)

Anasylvi | 3 comments From Mistborn - Vin, Tensoon and Breeze.

message 31: by Ben (new)

Ben Tanguy (flatkrab401) | 6 comments Mraize. I would love to know more about him and see some books starring him.

message 32: by Noah (new)

Noah (princedusty) | 95 comments Mod
Wait, where does Mraize appear in Mistborn

message 33: by Ben (new)

Ben Tanguy (flatkrab401) | 6 comments Oops - my bad. I meant Kelsier.

message 34: by Ben (new)

Ben Tanguy (flatkrab401) | 6 comments Although I’m also a massive fan of Vin...

message 35: by Mike (new)

Mike (melch) | 5 comments I’m sad to to see no one mention Elend. He was really a big part of what kept me going in the original trilogy. His progression is awesome. Going from quiet guy who gets pushed around by his dad to a straight boss mistborn with a kingly demeanor.

message 36: by Caleb (new)

Caleb (kingsleyshacklebolt77) | 106 comments In the first era its Spook and Breeze. In the second it’s Whane.

message 37: by Eduardo (new)

Eduardo Pérez | 1 comments I'm fan of Sazed, he is my favorite character in the first Era, also Kelsier is good

message 38: by Carlos (new)

Carlos Medina | 1 comments Steris :D

message 39: by Christian (new)

Christian Maulsby (maulsby) | 9 comments I’m surprised there’s not a lot of people picking Elend .. but I’d have to say Vin is my favorite ... her growth was easy to follow and kept my interest throughout books 1-3

message 40: by jeth (new)

jeth (gtap) | 2 comments breeze and wayne. not quite all everyone thinks they are : )

message 41: by Leah (new)

Leah | 8 comments For the first era it has to be Elend, his character arc is by far the most progressive in my opinion.

Second era is Wayne for sure, though a close second would be Steris.