Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Cover Help > Please add cover for this book

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by Codex (new)

Codex | 3401 comments Cover added from Amazon.

message 3: by C. (new)

C. | 34 comments Thank you!

message 4: by Emmy (last edited Oct 04, 2016 03:45AM) (new)

Emmy de Reus (nyneve) | 695 comments https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...

Please add cover from publishers website:
https://www.uitgeverijcargo.nl/web/Bo...

Kindly also add description in Dutch.

Thanks!

message 5: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 24743 comments #4 Done

message 6: by Joanne (new)

Joanne Mallory | 9 comments Hi, (I may be in the wrong place, and i'm sorry if i am,) but i'm trying to change the book cover for my book, as it has the watermark. And a warning message has come up telling me I'm not a librarian.... Can I ask for help as to how I do this ?
Thanks you
Joanne

message 7: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 24743 comments If you aren't a librarian, you need to post details and a librarian will assist you. Authors can only do certain things and if its telling you, you can't then you post here :)

message 8: by Joanne (new)

Joanne Mallory | 9 comments Sandra wrote: "If you aren't a librarian, you need to post details and a librarian will assist you. Authors can only do certain things and if its telling you, you can't then you post here :)"

Brilliant thank you.
So i've uploaded the book cover with the watermark to 'thunder moon by joanne mallory' and my publisher has asked me to swap for the right one - how do i give you the jpeg of the correct cover?
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

thanks, Jo :)

message 9: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 24743 comments Not sure if you can post it as a photo on your profile like an ordinary reader or a link to your publisher would be sufficient.

message 10: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 24743 comments Also just noticed your ISBN is wrong on the ebook.

message 11: by Joanne (new)

Joanne Mallory | 9 comments hi ya, (i'm probably being dense, but i'll ask anyway) how come i can't just delete the cover image that i posted and replace it with the right one? (If i leave it, will it automatically update with the right cover when it's launched to amazon?)

I'm using the ISBN my publisher gave me - what should it be like?
Jo

message 12: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 24743 comments You've put the ISBN 13 in the ISBN 10 slot so its missing the last 3 digits.

And authors are only allowed certain privileges and I'm guessing changing covers isn't one of them. Will the cover change - maybe, maybe not. Depends on the import bots.

Much easier if you give me a link to the publisher and I can change the cover. And also good if you can post the ISBN the publisher gave you or I can probably pick that up from the link as well.

message 13: by Joanne (new)

Joanne Mallory | 9 comments their website is www.crookedcatpublishing.com -- but it's currently being remodelled, that's why they've sent me the jpeg. - can you take it from here;
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...

I've sorted the ISBN, thank you for spotting that. Sorry to be a pain. Jo

message 14: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 24743 comments Fixed. I'm glad they're fixing the website - it was horrendous.

No worries, just glad to get it fixed.

message 15: by Joanne (new)

Joanne Mallory | 9 comments You're a Star, thank you so much.

message 16: by Lacey (new)

Lacey | 3 comments I'm not sure if I am in the correct place. I have found that some of my books have no covers at all. Just wondering if a could contact a librarian. Most of the missing covers are from small local authors. The current author Rob Van Wyngarden is the reason that prompted me to visit here.
Books:
The Case of the April Fools Contest
The Case of the St. Patrick's Day Mystery Trip
The Case of the Secret Valentine

Any help would be appreciated.
Lacey

message 17: by Abcdarian (last edited Oct 04, 2016 11:46AM) (new)

Abcdarian | 19968 comments #16: Covers added, as well as for others of his books. Another time please give links to the books and/or authors on Goodreads; thanks.