Support for Indie Authors discussion

Archived Author Help > Createspace users

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lynzie (new)

Lynzie Allen | 27 comments I have a question about royalties showing up.

When I published my first book with them in June I was checking to see if anything had sold (obsessively) and it would update quickly, almost every hour.

I just published my second book with them and I've had several people purchase the book and the royalty hasn't updated. It's been more than 48 hours and they aren't lying about buying (my sister sent me a screenshot of her purchase when she didn't believe that no one had bought it.)

I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this experience with them and how long it took if it has.

Hope that makes sense. I'm exhausted, it's been a long day. :)

message 2: by Garfield (new)

Garfield Whyte (garfieldwhyte) | 124 comments I emailed them recently about a similar matter as well...not sure if they have a good track record or if something is amiss

message 3: by P.D. (new)

P.D. Workman (pdworkman) They take time to show up. I usually get a bunch of purchases that show up the last day or two of the month.

message 4: by Carole (new)

Carole P. Roman I have that experience all the time. They told me we had a return so it was washed out by the credit. They have done it with all my books at one time or another.

message 5: by Martin (new)

Martin Wilsey | 447 comments It is very random. As long as the monthly reports resolve it's OK. But how can you ever be sure?

message 6: by Carole (last edited Oct 04, 2016 06:50AM) (new)

Carole P. Roman You can't. I've asked and they don't give back up.

message 7: by G.G. (new)

G.G. (ggatcheson) | 2491 comments It won't show up until the book has been printed and shipped. Ask your sister to let you know when she'll receive an enmail the shipment has been sent.

message 8: by Lynzie (new)

Lynzie Allen | 27 comments Thanks guys! I don't know why it seemed like it worked so well before, but I won't worry now.

message 9: by Kevin (new)

Kevin McLeod (vikingsapprentice) | 5 comments There has been a few problems with them recently, but generally I found that their contact us page is answered very quickly. I had a problem with covers of books that were not being updated suddenly vanishing while I was updating other books.
Hope you get the royalties issue sorted.