Tʜᴇsᴇ Cʜᴀɪɴs {ˢᵉᵐᶤᵃᵈᵛᵃᶰᶜᵉᵈᴿᴾ} discussion

Town Roleplay > Dark INK

Comments Showing 1-50 of 111 (111 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by ӍдѕҞa (new)

ӍдѕҞa (whichsidewillyouchoose) | 700 comments
A tattoo shop with an industrial feel with an unappealing first impression. It's still an artistic design with art hung and decorating every wall and even the bar. All tattoo designs hand drawn by Diederik (view spoiler). The main area is designed to hold and entertain people. This includes a small bar area that Diederik maintains when he's not tattooing someone. Tattoos are done in the back of the shop in a private room. It's a comofortable feel, warm atmosphere if you don't mess with anyone or anything there.

Front of the building {Dark INK sign instead}:

Main Room:

Bar Area:

Backroom:

message 2: by KT, Desperate Diplomat (new)

KT (queenlykt) | 1133 comments Mod
Andy was already eating a cheeseburger when she arrived at the shop, shoving open the door with a flourish. "Diederik, where are you?" She called cheerfully, sticking her head in the bar area and holding up a bag. "I brought you food, dude. If you want it, you gotta at least appear." She insisted, heading into the bar area and dropping down on one of the stools, setting his bagged burger to the side. Reaching around behind the bar she pulled a beer from the ice chest, using the edge of the counter to pull the top off. Setting the beer on the counter she reached into her pocket, pulling out her wallet and tossing a ten on the counter for the beer.

message 3: by ӍдѕҞa (last edited Oct 03, 2016 08:36PM) (new)

ӍдѕҞa (whichsidewillyouchoose) | 700 comments ((Don't forget the Sentinels))

Diederik emerged from the back room, wiping his hand with a dirtied cloth as he looked at Andy. His presence was intimidating and made the room appear smaller than it already was. It didn't help that his face was void of any expression as his gaze landed on Andy. "Thank you," he said, a man with usually a few words. He entered the area behind the bar where he put the cloth underneath on an empty shelf before he slid the ten into the cash box. He then grabbed himself a smoke that he tucked behind his ear before he opened the bag to pull the burger out. "I don't have any clients today," he said, a toneless statement that he was sure she was already aware of. The question was implied though without him needing to say anything else. After saying that he leaned against the bar and took a bite.

message 4: by KT, Desperate Diplomat (new)

"Oh you poor thing. You must be so bored." Andy grinned slightly, taking another bite of her burger before setting it down on one of the many napkins she grabbed. "Here." She dug in her pocket, pulling out a somewhat crumpled napkin with a small design doodled on it in sharpie. She slid it across the counter to him, waving a hand at it somewhat dismissively. "Merry Christmas, happy birthday, whatever." She huffed, taking a drink of her beer before picking up her burger again. "Have a question? Just ask dude."

message 5: by ӍдѕҞa (new)

ӍдѕҞa (whichsidewillyouchoose) | 700 comments Diederik said nothing but just glanced at her briefly with an eyebrow slightly raised. "Extremely," he decided to voice, just to amuse her after he'd swallowed his bite and took another. He glanced at her when she spoke again, chewing his food as he looked at the doodle she drew. He didn't raise a question nor comment on her decision to imply it was her gift to him only picked up the napkin and with his burger, he moved to grab the book that held tattoo designs and ideas. He'd have to transfer it to an actual piece of paper later but until then he tucked it into there and placed it back. He returned to his original spot to take another bite and gave Andy his usual blank stare. He didn't ask though, just waited to see if she'd give in and answer or leave the topic altogether.

message 6: by KT, Desperate Diplomat (new)

((I can't figure out the question and it's driving me nuts lol))

message 7: by ӍдѕҞa (last edited Oct 04, 2016 08:07AM) (new)

ӍдѕҞa (whichsidewillyouchoose) | 700 comments ((xD Basically he's asking her why she's here. He doesn't have a client therefore doesn't need someone to look after the main while he's in the back
sorry bout that))

message 8: by KT, Desperate Diplomat (new)

((Alright I got this now thanks babe lol))

message 9: by ӍдѕҞa (new)

ӍдѕҞa (whichsidewillyouchoose) | 700 comments ((>~< No problem. ^.^))

message 10: by KT, Desperate Diplomat (new)

Andy chuckled, huffing slightly when he put the doodle in with the rest. Of course she didn't really expect anything else, so it was her own fault. "Hey, how am I supposed to know you don't have someone here? I have nothing else to do, so I dropped in. Now we both have food to finish." She shrugged, taking another bite of food. After a moment she swallowed and looked down at her one tattooed arm, rotating it. "Besides, I might be able to entertain you. I've been debating adding to my own tattoos. There's room back on the top, right now it doesn't quite go all the way back to the other one. Or just starting a complete new one, maybe on my thigh." She mused, pushing the sleeve of her jersey back so the top end of the tattoo was visible.

message 11: by ӍдѕҞa (new)

ӍдѕҞa (whichsidewillyouchoose) | 700 comments She really couldn't expect anything less of him. He either put her works in the book or up on the wall. To many who were frequent here, it was obvious that there were two styles up on the wall but Diederik never answered their question on who the other artist was. He was loyal like that.
Diederik swallowed and looked at her, "I have the schedule back here," he reminded her with a shake of his head. To anyone that didn't know him, it would seem almost scolding but it was due to slight amusement. With a few more bites Diederik finished the burger and tossed the trash that came with it out.
He looked at her and hummed, "any ideas what of?" he asked, leaning forward against the bar once again.

message 12: by KT, Desperate Diplomat (last edited Oct 04, 2016 08:53AM) (new)

Andy threw a balled up napkin at him, hitting him right in the ear before catching it again. She wrapped it up with the now empty wrapper from her own burger, tossing it in the trashcan from her spot. "You're being a brat." She complained, taking another sip from her drink. She shoved the remaining, unused napkins to the side, clearing a bit of space. She dug into her back jeans pocket, this time removing an actual piece of paper more neatly folded. Unfolding it she spread it out on the counter between them, biting her lip absently as she studied it. "Well, either this skull design or..." She flipped the paper over, this time showing a snake. "I haven't decided yet. Suggestions? Comments? Questions? Ideas?"

(view spoiler)

message 13: by ӍдѕҞa (new)

ӍдѕҞa (whichsidewillyouchoose) | 700 comments Diederik didn't even flinch, just looked at her with a slight change in his expression. Most people wouldn't catch it but others would recognize that he looked unamused. "Says the one throwing things," he mused as he took the smoke from behind his ear and slipped his lighter out. He lit the opposite end once pinning the other between his lips. Tucking his lighter away when he was finished with it and exhaled a puff he glanced down at the tattoo designs she showed him. He assessed them, flipping between the two while he took another drag. After a bit, he looked at her, "you could combine the two. Instead of the branched fern, it could be the snake," he suggested tonelessly.

message 14: by KT, Desperate Diplomat (new)

“You are just no fun.” Andy complained, running her fingers through her hair and scraping it back into a ponytail. “This is definitely not the first time I’ve thrown something at you. It won’t be the last either.” She mused, resting her elbow on the counter in front of her and her head in her hand as she stared at the design. “Yeah, but then it will just look like the Deatheater symbol.” She complained, sighing. Obviously that wasn’t really her type of thing, but her dad had been an unapologetic geek at home. Reluctantly, she had picked up a few things.

message 15: by ӍдѕҞa (new)

ӍдѕҞa (whichsidewillyouchoose) | 700 comments "You've known me this long..." Diederik reasoned, sounding mildly annoyed but it was honestly his way of teasing someone. It just didn't come across like it too well. Diederik gave her a deadpan expression to convey his discontent. He knew how true that was. He'd often find a football in his face when she'd managed to convince him to play with her and decided to forfeit the purpose of the game. He released a sigh before he took another drag from his smoke and hissed the exhalation through his teeth. Diederik raised a brow, having no clue to what she was referring to but shrugged it off. "Just a suggestion," he grumbled as he straightened up.

message 16: by KT, Desperate Diplomat (new)

With a sight sigh, Andy drummed her fingers on the counter indecisively. "I think... Hmm." She trailed off again, shaking her head as she stared at the drawings. She took a drink of her beer again, chewing on her lower lip. "I like the snake better, I think, I just don't think it goes with my others very well is the problem."

message 17: by ӍдѕҞa (new)

ӍдѕҞa (whichsidewillyouchoose) | 700 comments Diederik stood there, looking at her for a moment before he finished off his smoke and put it down in the nearby ashtray. He then grabbed the cloth he used for cleaning glasses when someone actually wanted to use them. He picked up said glass, leaned back as he cleaned it. He hummed and glanced at the piece of paper. He didn't give his opinion on it though since it wasn't his body that he was marking up. She'd been around long enough to know what he can and can not do.

message 18: by KT, Desperate Diplomat (new)

"You're really not helping." Andy sighed, shaking her head as she looked over at him. "Come on. We both know I will let you know if I don't like what you suggest." She insisted, crossing her arms to stare at him. Almost immediately after though she unfolded her arms, finishing her drink and standing to walk over and set the bottle in recycling.

message 19: by ӍдѕҞa (new)

ӍдѕҞa (whichsidewillyouchoose) | 700 comments Diederik's lip twitched slightly at her words, glancing at her. "I don't think it matters whether the design is similar," he informed her then. "If it is a problem you can add to it to make it more like your sleeve," he stated simply, shrugging slightly as he put the glass down, hung up the cloth and went to grab himself something to drink. It wasn't the best suggestion but she got something from him at least.

message 20: by KT, Desperate Diplomat (new)

Sighing slightly, Andy reached the counter and balled up one of the napkins to once again throw at him, hitting him square in the ear. "You're still not helping. How would I change it?" She complained, heading around behind the counter to look through the fridge, pulling one bottle out of a six pack of mountain dew she'd shoved in probably three weeks ago at this point. She cracked the top open, vaulting over the counter to return to her spot, sliding back onto a stool and staring at the snake. "Eh fuck it. I'll just go for the original snake as it is. It takes energy and effort to change it and this one's still cool."

message 21: by ӍдѕҞa (new)

ӍдѕҞa (whichsidewillyouchoose) | 700 comments Diederik closed his eyes, exhaling deeply before he opened them and looked at Andy. "Must you?" he mused dryly. He bent down to pick the napkin up, straightening up and threw it from where he stood into the trash bin. "You asked for my suggestion, not my full cooperation," he pointed out. His eyes narrowed the slightest of bits when she bounced over his counter. There was an opening for a reason and she knew it. Yet, Diederik being himself, didn't scold her on her actions. "You're lucky I like you, otherwise you wouldn't get such a discount," he muttered but glad she made a decision. He didn't generally charge her as much as others, but she was also a regular which helped plus an employee discount. So, in all honesty, it had nothing to do with liking her.

message 22: by KT, Desperate Diplomat (new)

"Why wouldn't I?" Andy shrugged, shaking her head slightly. "That doesn't change the fact you're being a little shit." She complained, taking a drink of her Mountain Dew and resting one elbow on the counter, staring at the drawing hard enough her eyes started to cross. But she blinked and looked over at him, smirking slightly. "You've put up with me this long. You'd better like me, even if you don't you're still stuck with me."

message 23: by ӍдѕҞa (new)

ӍдѕҞa (whichsidewillyouchoose) | 700 comments Diderik simply gave her a look, rather passive but it clearly expressed his exasperation. What was he going to do with her? "You continuously repeat actions hoping for a different outcome," he voiced, "that is insanity," he pointed out but making the connection between her antics and him. She's been around long enough to know this is how he acts. Diderik released a heavy sigh, leaning against the bar once more, "you make it sound like a death sentence," he mused and then examined the image once more. "Are you expecting it to be done today?"

message 24: by KT, Desperate Diplomat (new)

"Since when have I claimed to be sane?" Andy pointed out with her perpetual smirk, raising an eyebrow at him. "Besides, you could change your actions and it would change the outcome too. Not all of this is on me. You don't change your response, yet you expect me to change in not asking." She pointed out, surprisingly insightful. She just didn't let that part show at all, just kept it shoved down and ignored it usually. Like her drawing, it didn't fit in with her reputed attitude. "I don't care when it's done. If you have time today is fine, if not I don't give a fuck when."

message 25: by ӍдѕҞa (new)

ӍдѕҞa (whichsidewillyouchoose) | 700 comments Diederik looked at her, his expression as blank as it generally is. He did not reply to that comment, though, finding no use in continuing with the topic. He, however, did counter her next one. "You would be asking me to change who I am, to fit into the mold that you wish for me to conform into," he stated, placing the image down, "my response is due to my personality, belittling it or ignoring it will not achieve what you desire, no matter how much you try."
He then moved away from the bar counter to grab himself a drink, though it was just water. If he had any plans on doing tattoos, he wasn't going to drink. "This evening after close then?" he offered. He didn't want to close the place now but he couldn't leave it unattended.

message 26: by KT, Desperate Diplomat (new)

"And you expecting me to act differently is asking me to change who I am." Andy shrugged, raising an eyebrow as she leaned forward on the counter again, taking a drink of the Mountain Dew. "You don't get to yell at me for doing something and then turn around and do it yourself." She complained, her voice sharpening just slightly. She sighed, running a hand through her blonde hair with a yawn. "Sounds good to me."

message 27: by ӍдѕҞa (new)

ӍдѕҞa (whichsidewillyouchoose) | 700 comments Diederik rolled his eyes, "no, I did not," he stated simply, taking a sip of his drink after pouring it while rounding the counter to sit on one the stools. He pointed out that she repeated egged him on hoping to achieve a different outcome. That wasn't a demand for a change of her character, just an assessment of it. However, Diederik was used to being misunderstood, many turned tail and scampered away just from him looking at them. Though, him looking usually meant he was 'glaring'. Diederik rolled his eyes, having already corrected her and didn't bother doing it again. He'd spoken too much as it is. He nodded at her confirmation and took another dose of water.

((Should we ask dreamchild to join? Diederik is close friends with her character Abigail.. ?? idk.. >~< just a suggestion))

message 28: by KT, Desperate Diplomat (new)

"I said it earlier, I will again: you're being a little shit." Andy snapped, folding her arms determinedly and glaring at him lightly. Finally she sighed, rolling her eyes slightly and took let another drink of her Mountain Dew. By now it was done and she leaned to the side, tossing it neatly into the recycling bin from her spot. "How much will it cost for it?" She checked, her tone completely calm in comparison to her snapping a moment ago.

message 29: by ӍдѕҞa (new)

ӍдѕҞa (whichsidewillyouchoose) | 700 comments Diederik was unfazed at her snapping at him. It wasn't the first time nor would it ever be the last. Fortunately, he wasn't the temperamental type and rather difficult to anger or seen angry. He didn't even bother facing her, feeling her faint glare on the side of his face. He simply continued to sip his water. He hummed inaudibly before he glanced at her, "$325 an hour," he said, thinking about the variables including the discount. It was a large and detailed tattoo that would take a bit to do. Plus location, his own time and placement of the tattoo. Then there was the employee discount and all so it came to that estimate.

message 30: by KT, Desperate Diplomat (new)

Andy groaned in complaint, but it was almost cheerful. After all, it meant she was still getting it done. "How long do you think it will take?" She fussed, pulling a wallet from her pocket and digging around to pull out a card. To be honest, it wasn't a huge amount for her. She wasn't rich or anything, but she worked a lot, both here and with the pack. And she didn't have many expenditures since she wasn't a shopper, so she had a good amount saved up. Besides, this was definitely worth it.

message 31: by ӍдѕҞa (new)

ӍдѕҞa (whichsidewillyouchoose) | 700 comments Diederik didn't pay mind to her groan, knowing she could afford it and it was more for show than anything. He would have charged a regular customer about $500 or so for the same job so the discount knocked a few hundred off. Diederik was a generous guy. "Should be about an hour and a half," he mused, staring at the design. It wasn't a complicated or intricate design so it wouldn't need as many steps nor as much time but enough so to get the details.

message 32: by KT, Desperate Diplomat (new)

"No problem." Andy grinned slightly, reaching behind the counter to grab another bottle of beer, quickly and easily popping the top off with the edge of the counter. "Think if I get smashed enough I can take a nap while you do it?" She mused, taking a drink. Needles didn't bother her and the pain wasn't a huge deal, but of course it was enough she couldn't fall asleep or relax too much. Alcohol fixed everything, right?

message 33: by ӍдѕҞa (new)

ӍдѕҞa (whichsidewillyouchoose) | 700 comments Diederik simply nodded a bit and watched her, rolling his eyes as he began to wander over to the sitting area and sat down on one of the chairs there. "It wouldn't last long," was all Diederik decided to say. Since they had a faster metabolism, the liver broke down the alcohol quicker than humans. However, he didn't care too much if she did or not, as long as she didn't move or did something to ruin the ink then he was fine. He had the feeling that her falling asleep and accomplishing a successful tattoo were slim.

message 34: by KT, Desperate Diplomat (new)

"Then I'll just keep drinking so it'll last enough." Andy grinned in her roguish way. She wasn't really an alcoholic, not quite. She drank at least one alcoholic beverage a day but she never had the need to get actually drunk. That was a rare occasion. Usually if she went that route she decided to go for enough she'd skip right through the drunk phase and directly to the passed out one. She really didn't enjoy being drunk.

message 35: by ӍдѕҞa (new)

ӍдѕҞa (whichsidewillyouchoose) | 700 comments Diederik quirked a brow, looking at her with his expressionless face. "You better sleep like the dead," he said, nothing in his tone suggesting what he was trying to portray in that statement. He mainly said it to remind her that if she did move too much during then it could become a risk.
Diederik glanced over to the door, one this day in the week, it was usually rather quiet. It wasn't like they got many customers coming in here with the limited amount of people on the island. However, those who did come often returned so he couldn't complain.

message 36: by KT, Desperate Diplomat (new)

"I do, don't worry." Andy grinned, shaking her head slightly. After all, she'd had enough people in her bed to have a consistent response that she didn't move a lot when she slept. After all, she didn't have a lot of bad memories to have nightmares about, and she wasn't the flighty type to dream about any little fears. She had a good childhood, a good life. Nothing to be worried about in her dreams.

message 37: by ӍдѕҞa (new)

ӍдѕҞa (whichsidewillyouchoose) | 700 comments Diederik nodded, but he didn't say anything more than what he previously had. He knew that she wouldn't be dishonest about this so he had nothing to worry about. He stayed sitting there for some time before he arose and headed back to the cash box to count before he would check what he'd be needing. He was sure that he was running out of some ink and good alcohol.

message 38: by KT, Desperate Diplomat (new)

"See? Problem solved." Andy grinned slightly, reaching around and pulling the ponytail holder from her blonde hair and slipping it around her wrist. She shook out her blonde hair as she looked over at him, leaning her elbow against the counter and her chin in her hand.

message 39: by ӍдѕҞa (new)

ӍдѕҞa (whichsidewillyouchoose) | 700 comments Diederik hummed a response, his gaze downcasted to the money he was dealing with. His lip twitched a quick motion that would be easily missed. He finished, tucking a bundle of it into an envelope to drop into the bank later. He then glanced at her, raising a brow in question. "Was this what you wanted your day to end up like?" he asked as he counted what supplies he had out here.

message 40: by KT, Desperate Diplomat (new)

"I mean, it's not what I expected it to end up like. But I'm perfectly happy with it." Andy grinned, raising an eyebrow as she looked over at him. "Besides, if the day ended how I always wanted days to end I'd have to spend some of it at a bar or at least around other people. And with this tattoo, well you know sore for a couple days. So it looks like it won't end how I really want for a bit, unfortunately." She pouted.

message 41: by ӍдѕҞa (new)

ӍдѕҞa (whichsidewillyouchoose) | 700 comments Diederik nodded a bit, but otherwise he didn't say much in response. He tended to favor actively listening to actually bothering with a response. He wrote down the amounts of what he had out here and ducked into the back attachment cellar to check the stock.
He returned to jot down the numbers before he tucked that on the same shelf with the cash box and turned his attention to Andy. He ran a hand through his hair before he sat down next to her.

message 42: by KT, Desperate Diplomat (new)

Andy waited as patiently as she could for him to come back, taking a drink and drumming her fingers against the bottle she held. When he settled back down beside her she grinned slightly, looking over at him. She shifted back as she turned to face him, raising an eyebrow. She was a rather social person, but for the moment she couldn't come up with something to say.

message 43: by ӍдѕҞa (new)

ӍдѕҞa (whichsidewillyouchoose) | 700 comments Diederik glanced at her, exhaling before he looked away. "I was thinking of having a night where a bunch of friends invited, drinks, some snacks, music.." he murmured as he glanced around, "not too many people, utilize the upstairs...?" he said and glanced at her, silently asking for her opinion. He wasn't a social person despite having the horrible habit of helping anyone in need. He did know she liked having people around, so did he and so arranging this would be enjoyable.

message 44: by KT, Desperate Diplomat (new)

"Sounds fun." Andy grinned, then scrunched up her nose in reluctant distaste. "Not as fun as usual, unfortunately. That tattoo will make my leg sore and like I said, that means it won't end like it usually does." She complained cheerfully. "Still could be fun though. Why not? Let's do it."

message 45: by ӍдѕҞa (new)

ӍдѕҞa (whichsidewillyouchoose) | 700 comments Diederik nodded, suspecting she'd say that but having her confirm it reassured him. She would be the one inviting most of her friends to come. He knew people but he didn't want a bustle of too unfamiliar people entering his shop. He nodded, they'd be sore but he was confident that she'd mostly forget about it in the action of it all. He grunted, "ask around for a good date," he requested. It was no point choosing a date no one could show up at due to commitments and work.

message 46: by KT, Desperate Diplomat (new)

"Will do." She nodded, saluting him teasingly. Drumming her fingers, she clicked her tongue thoughtfully. "Alright then. When can we get this thing done? It might be a little difficult to have fun around, but it'll be a good conversation starter." She grinned, smirking.

message 47: by ӍдѕҞa (new)

ӍдѕҞa (whichsidewillyouchoose) | 700 comments Diederik nodded his gratitude before he looked at her and raised a brow, "thing as in tattoo or the event?" he asked since she sure was vague enough. He was planning on making a write up of what the event would be. A poster invite idea. It would list the time and place, all the necessities would be included as well as a name for the event. He was an organized person and plus, he'd get to design something for the poster.

message 48: by KT, Desperate Diplomat (new)

"Both. Event to draw them in in general, tattoo to draw them in to me." Andy winked teasingly, looking over at him. "I mean, how great of a way to pick someone up is that? It's great to get a conversation started. Just ask if someone wants to see my new tattoo."

message 49: by ӍдѕҞa (new)

ӍдѕҞa (whichsidewillyouchoose) | 700 comments Diederik glanced away from her at the comment. "Told you when for the tattoo," he stated and then swung his gaze back to her, "the other is when you gain intel on when," he stated simply with a shrug. He could get everything else done besides a guest list, she'll need to help with that. He then gave her his infamous deadpan expression at her words. He didn't agree nor disagree nor made any real comment about her statement on conversation starters. He wasn't the best at them anyway.

message 50: by KT, Desperate Diplomat (new)

"But it's going to be such a long and boring wait." Andy complained, taking another drink from her beer. "Looks like I really am going to have time to get smashed before I get inked." She smirked wickedly, looking over at him.

« previous 1 3

Tʜᴇsᴇ Cʜᴀɪɴs {ˢᵉᵐᶤᵃᵈᵛᵃᶰᶜᵉᵈᴿᴾ}

unread topics | mark unread