Black Coffee discussion

Archives > RIP Gloria Naylor

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Dosha (Bluestocking7) Beard (bluestocking7) | 3314 comments So sad, I loved her books

message 2: by Maya (new)

Maya B | 799 comments Sad. I read some of her books

Dosha (Bluestocking7) Beard (bluestocking7) | 3314 comments Mama Day was my favorite. This might be a good author for me to read this month. I'm going to see what is what.

message 4: by kisha, The Clean Up Lady (new)

kisha | 3909 comments Mod
Oh my she was pretty young. I've only read one of her books, The Women of Brewster Place. Loved the book and the movie. RIH.

message 5: by Dosha (Bluestocking7) (last edited Oct 04, 2016 06:06AM) (new)

Dosha (Bluestocking7) Beard (bluestocking7) | 3314 comments The Women of Brewster Place was a great book. Then came Linden Hills, which is a neighborhood with some of the same women from Brewster Place in it. Then came Mama Day, which also has some relatives from the previous two books and it is a hybrid of a country in the USA. She was an amazing writer. They are not a trilogy, but those three books go from a street to a neighborhood to a country centering on a connected group of women. Well done. She will be missed.

message 6: by Beverly (new)

Beverly | 1078 comments Thanks for sharing.

Sad news indeed.

While I enjoyed her book - Mama Day was my favorite.

message 7: by Trudy (new)

Trudy (goodreadscomtrudyspages) | 423 comments Oh no! So sad. She was a wonderful gifted creative writer. WOMEN OF BREWSTER PLACE is my favorite.

message 8: by Lulu, The Book Reader who could. (new)

Lulu (lulureads365) | 2539 comments Mod
This is sad news. I haven't read all of her work, but I enjoyed the 3 I did read: The Women of Brewster Place, The Men of Brewster Place, and Bailey's Cafe

message 9: by Dosha (Bluestocking7) (last edited Oct 04, 2016 08:50AM) (new)

Dosha (Bluestocking7) Beard (bluestocking7) | 3314 comments The Men? Thank you Lulu. I didn't know this book existed. I thought I had read all of her books. Now I see there are some I didn't read. So, I'll spend some time on her this autumn. I had a wonderful Bernice McFadden summer.

message 10: by Lulu, The Book Reader who could. (new)

Lulu (lulureads365) | 2539 comments Mod
Yes! It was a good book. In my humble opinion, it made The Women even better after learning about the Men.

message 11: by Maya (new)

Maya B | 799 comments I may have to re-read her books. its been years

Dosha (Bluestocking7) Beard (bluestocking7) | 3314 comments I'm thinking the same thing Maya.