BROKEN LIVES GROUP discussion

Shattered Poetry (Broken Lives, #2)
This topic is about Shattered Poetry
Shattered Poetry Quotes

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marita (last edited Oct 03, 2016 03:31PM) (new) - added it

Marita Hansen (maritaahansen) | 48 comments Mod
I'll put all the quotes that are too big to put in the book's updates here. So, here's the first quote from Shattered Poetry:

He lifted a hand, brushing my hair back, dissolving even more of my willpower, so much so that I knew I needed to leave now before I did something I’d regret. But instead of standing up and insisting on moving things to the lounge, I leaned my head into his hand, making his smile drop, his eyes dilating in response. We stared at each other, not saying a word, our attraction crossing over into something else. Something deeper. Something dangerous.

Chesca (thecrownedpages) (thecrownedpages) | 66 comments Mod
I'm melting at this moment that I might just turn into a puddle. *sighs* <3

Karla (karla_vaz) Wow!! that's amazing and intense! Love it!

Marah | 16 comments Wow, you can just feel the heat between them in how you wrote that scene :)

Anesha †Curious & Obsessive Bookworm† (curiousgem) | 8 comments I have a silly smile right now.
Was missing some Dante so I had to park my ass over here :D

message 6: by Marita (last edited Oct 26, 2016 04:24PM) (new) - added it

Thanks! I have a new quote, though this one's about Jasper's uncle, who is arguing with Jasper's father (over Jasper's weight).

Hemi dropped Jasper’s pie on the floor and grabbed Killer by his leather cut, hauling him up. He slammed his brother against the wall by the stove, both men as tall as each other. But unlike Hemi’s volumes of fat, Killer was all muscle. The leather cut he was wearing didn’t cover much, his six-pack on full display. The guy was ripped to the max, cut finer than a bodybuilder, just without the bulk. Killer was nothing but lean muscle, which he liked to show off. The dude had a habit of walking around in painted-on leather pants that would get him arrested for indecency outside the compound. Everything, and I mean everything, below was outlined, nothing left to the imagination, which was embarrassing as hell, since the looney tune was as hung as his brother.

message 7: by Chesca (thecrownedpages) (last edited Nov 05, 2016 09:17AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

So I was missing/not receiving the group notifications. :'( I AM VERY EXCITED AND NERVOUS FOR SHATTERED POETRY and the rest of the saga. I can't wait to meet Killer as well! <3

Mishelle | 5 comments Ohhhh can't wait. :-)

message 9: by Marita (new) - added it

New Quote:

Dante’s eyes zeroed in on my black skirt. It had ridden up, baring a good deal of leg. He hooked a finger under it and yanked upwards, cocking his head to look between my legs.
I batted his hand away. “Dante!” I said, righting my skirt.
He grinned wide, his eyes sparkling mischievously. “I wuz just wondering whether you put your knickers back on.”

Anesha †Curious & Obsessive Bookworm† (curiousgem) | 8 comments hahah, I just love that boy.

Sure he isn't real??? xD

message 11: by Marita (new) - added it

“It still doesn’t make what I did right. I’m here to teach you, not to...” she lowered her voice to a whisper, “have sex with you.”
Unable to help myself, I smiled at her words. “Forget it, no one but Mr. Grey can teach me anything. If it wuzn’t for music, I wouldn’t put up with school at all.”
“English isn’t that bad, is it?”
“You pro’bly don’t wanna hear this, but yeah, it sucks balls.”
Clara & Dante.

message 12: by Marita (new) - added it

“If I let myself, I could easily fall in love with you, Dante, but I won’t, because it’ll only end in heartache.”
“It doesn’t have to.”
“It will. No matter how many times you say age doesn’t matter, it does. You’re too young, I’m too old. I’m a teacher, you’re a student. It’s just wrong.” Even though I didn’t want it to be. I stared at his face, wanting to touch it, to run my fingers over his cheeks, to kiss his lips... He was wearing me down, making it harder to walk away. Every time he said something, did something, it drew me more and more into his web.

Marah | 16 comments Sounds really good, I can't wait to read this book.

AHHHHHHHHHHH!!! I CAN'T WAIT ANYMORE. I FEEL LIKE IT'S STILL TOO FAR AWAY.

EMILY (goodreadscomemilypras) | 1 comments HE IS SO SWEET. I CANT WAIT TO READING THE NEXT BOOKS