Book Buying Addicts Anonymous discussion

Good Buys > Ever hear this term? Tsundoku

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joseph (new)

Joseph  (bluemanticore) | 1864 comments Mod
TSUNDOKU: THE ACQUIRING OF READING MATERIALS FOLLOWED BY LETTING THEM PILE UP AND SUBSEQUENTLY NEVER READING THEM
http://www.ozy.com/acumen/theres-a-wo...

None of us ever do that, right? ;-)

message 2: by Pixie (new)

Pixie Ha. I found this term today and burst out laughing. My personal library consists of 1519 books, 887 of which are unread thus far (although some of those are reference books so won't be read cover-to-cover). All paper books. This doesn't include a few I have on my Kindle (which I haven't used yet).

Please tell me I'm not the worst here for hoarding??! :)

In my defence, though, I mostly buy secondhand and I have the money...just wish I could read faster and there were more hours in the day.

Absolutely zero regrets though ;)

message 3: by Joseph (last edited Oct 10, 2016 03:24PM) (new)

Joseph  (bluemanticore) | 1864 comments Mod
Pixie wrote: "Please tell me I'm not the worst here for hoarding??! :)"

Pixie, my personal library consists of 8879 books, 5882 of which are unread thus far (although some of those are reference books so won't be read cover-to-cover). Mine are a mix of hardcover, paperbacks, audio, etc. but not a single e-book.

According to my math, 58% of your library is unread, while 66% of my library is, so no, you are not the worst hoarder. :-)

In my defense, though, I mostly buy secondhand and I have the money
I would use the same defense,

just wish I could read faster and there were more hours in the day.
And boy do I wish the same!

Absolutely zero regrets though ;)

Great minds think alike! ;-)

message 4: by Pixie (new)

Pixie Haha! You make me feel like an amateur! :)

I just took a wander over and looked at your bookshelf pictures...and boy do I have library envy!

Having said that, I have been actively weeding my library over the past few years so that I only keep books I will re-read or are useful, as The Husband was getting a little twitchy (he's a Kindle Kook).

I've friended you...I hope you don't mind :)

message 5: by Ilean (new)

Ilean (ileanfulton) | 242 comments You are not alone at all. There are lots of us book hoarders out here in this big world. The bad thing is that the book publishers encourage authors to keep coming out with new books which makes us add more books to our TBR hoards.

message 6: by Pixie (new)

Pixie Yeah those damn publishers. It's all their fault ;P

message 7: by Tammy (new)

Tammy I read the books I buy. It might take a year because my not read pile gets rather large but I will eventually read it.

message 8: by Dimitri (new)

Dimitri | 109 comments Tsundoku 4 ever :D