Miss. Lory's Home For Peculiar Children discussion

Inside the Home > The Roof

Comments Showing 1-50 of 65 (65 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Anastacia (new)

Anastacia (ana3) | 140 comments Mod
It looks like a roof
Romantic spot...oooo, la la

message 2: by Jane Isles-Rizzoli (last edited Oct 03, 2016 08:30PM) (new)

Jane Isles-Rizzoli Lincoln climbed out a window and onto the roof, walking up to the top he sat down and played with his powers, causing sparks to dance across, and around his fingers and hands.

Skye slid across the floor and stopped by the window Lincoln must've climbed out of to get up there.

message 3: by Anastacia (new)

Hanna climbed out onto another part of the roof. She looked out upon the landscape. She had memorized it many times over. Her eyes went down to look at how high the drop was, she had thought more then once2 about jumping, but everytime she got close to the ledge, something would pull her back.

Jane Isles-Rizzoli Lincoln looked over at Hanna, then heard his name, scooting to the edge he looked down and found himself face to face with Skye. "Mary?" He asked and received a glare in return.

"My name's not Mary, it's Skye knucklehead." Skye said and climbed onto the roof she looked over and saw the girl Hanna close to the edge and looked at Lincoln concerned, she stood and walked over before sitting down next to her.

"Skye" Lincoln said with a sigh before he followed her. Sitting on Hanna's other side.

message 5: by Anastacia (new)

Hanna noticed the two of them sitting next to her "Sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt anything" She said, looking down at the ground.

Jane Isles-Rizzoli "You're not, don't worry, What's got you down Hanna?" Lincoln asked the child concerned about her, this hadn't been the first time he'd found her up there.

message 7: by Anastacia (new)

"Just thinking...I'm fine" Hanna answered quickly.

Jane Isles-Rizzoli "Uh huh, c'mere" he said holding out his open arms making extra sure his electricity was off.

message 9: by Anastacia (new)

Hanna cautiously moved towards him, she was still getting used to accepting comfort from others. "I shouldn't be here...not without him" She murmured, taking about her twin brother, whom she never had told anyone about.

Jane Isles-Rizzoli Lincoln nodded, he wished his own brother was here too but he knew that his brother would want him to be kind and accepting to anyone he met, unless it was someone that definitely wasn't trustworthy. But there wasn't anyone here yet that wasn't.

message 11: by Anastacia (new)

"It's been years...he didn't have to die. It should have been me! Henry was as good person! I hate the ones who took him from me!" Hanna exclaimed, tears filling her eyes. "He was just a kid"

"None of us are kids Hanna...well accept the newbie here" Adelaide spoke up, leaning against the chimney. "I know it hurts like hell every time you think about your brother, but buck up. A war is coming, and all of us have to be prepared, which means no more dwelling on the past"

Jane Isles-Rizzoli "A war? And its gonna involve us, How many of you have attacking powers? I mean aside from Lincoln and I?" Skye asked Adelaide

message 13: by Anastacia (new)

"Of course the war will involve us! Haven't you heard of all the peculiars and ymbrynes going missing! This is one of the only loops that hasn't been infiltrated by the Wights" Adelaide said.

"I have an offensive power, I can move things with my mind" Hanna said.

message 14: by Jane Isles-Rizzoli (last edited Oct 04, 2016 01:04PM) (new)

Jane Isles-Rizzoli "No actually I haven't, I just got here" Skye said standing up. "None of the Orphanage's or the Foster homes I've been in have ever mentioned this."

message 15: by Anastacia (new)

Adelaide face palmed "You've got to be kidding me...is this your first loop?" She asked.

Hanna looked at Skye.

Jane Isles-Rizzoli "Yes" She said honestly.

"She's got the same mindset that I had when I first got here." Lincoln said to them with a shrug. "And by looking at her she's in the same boat as me, neither of us know how to control our powers." He told her.

message 17: by Anastacia (new)

Adelaide took a deep breath "Okay, newbie...has anyone explained any of this to you? Like how the loops work or what we peculiars are?" Adelaide asked, taking it upon herself to get everyone up to speed.

Jane Isles-Rizzoli "Not really but, I assume you guys have powers, but you're not an Inhuman like I am. Like Lincoln is." Skye told her.

((Making Skye and Lincoln into what they are, Inhumans))

message 19: by Anastacia (new)

"I guess the best way to explain what we all are, including both of you is to give my story. First off, I am well over a hundred years old. I was born just before the American Civil war, I actually faught in that war. I didn't know that I was a peculiar at the time, but at 14 I used my abilities. It was a mistake because a Wight discovered me and started stalking me for 4 years. I was held in a punishment loop for awhile" Adelaide stopped, wrapping herself in a hug. She hated the punishment loop and sometimes wished she could have died there. "When I escaped, I was found by Miss. Lory. She brought me to this loop and explained Peculiardom to me. You see I have been in this loop for 20 years already. No one ages in a loop, it will continue to be the same day over and over for us, but no normal person knows" Adelaide explained.

"For us it will forever be March 1 1954" Hanna piped up.

Jane Isles-Rizzoli Skye nodded, and looked down before she sat down, it was a lot to take in. She'd be forever 15, she wouldn't age. It was a little scary. Even for herself who could move the earth below them, she looked at Lincoln. Then looked at Adelaide.

Lincoln looked back at Skye before he closed his eyes and looked away. He then looked at Hanna, she was right, he hadn't aged a day since he'd arrived here at 16.

message 21: by Anastacia (new)

"The only way you'll age is if you leave the loop, such as Hanna did. But you have to exit it in this time, if you try and move to modern times, you'll age rapidly and could die in a matter of days. The longer you've been in a loop, the fast you age" Adelaide explained to Skye.

Jane Isles-Rizzoli "Okay, thanks for that creepy thought." Skye said looking up at the sky.

message 23: by Anastacia (new)

"It is what it is" Adelaide said with a shrug. "Anyways, I'm going to go check on the little ones" Adelaide said, going back inside.

message 24: by Anastacia (new)

Hanna watched as Adelaide went inside "It must be weird to find out that technically you are one of the youngest here" She commented to Skye.

Jane Isles-Rizzoli "Very, weird doesn't even cover all of it." Skye told her, resting her chin on her knees, the ground, and by extension the house started trembling under them.

message 26: by Anastacia (new)

Hanna looked at Skye worriedly "Um are you alright?" She asked, figuring it was Skye's power acting up.

message 27: by Jane Isles-Rizzoli (last edited Oct 05, 2016 10:15AM) (new)

Jane Isles-Rizzoli "Sorry" she said stopping the shaking, bruises blossoming on her skin.

message 28: by Anastacia (new)

"No big deal, all of us are still learning our powers. Well with the exception of Adelaide and Kenneth maybe, but they are really old" Hanna said.

Jane Isles-Rizzoli Skye nodded.

Lincoln saw the bruises "You directed them inward didn't you...."Lincoln asked then received a nod. "Skye you're going to kill yourself if you keep doing that." Lincoln told her

message 30: by Anastacia (new)

I wouldn't mind being dead Hanna thought, sighing very softly.

Kenneth hurried out onto the roof, not knowing anyone was out there. He had felt something coming, but it was to uncertain to be able to warn others.

Jane Isles-Rizzoli Lincoln looked over at Kenneth and stood, sparks surrounding his hands again, Kenneth seemed worried, and he didn't really worry about anything. "They're coming aren't they" Lincoln asked.

Skye stood too. Backing away from the edge, giving herself some space to fire off shockwaves of Vibrations.

message 32: by Anastacia (new)

Kenneth stared ahead, he could feel them coming, but not as well. It was almost as if the Wights couldn't make a decision.

"If they were coming, he would be speaking. He doesn't even know if their coming" Hanna spoke up, she was used to how Kenneth was, considering they had once been on the same loop.

Jane Isles-Rizzoli "He came up here to warn us about something Hanna" Lincoln said calmly.

message 34: by Carson (new)

Carson | 101 comments Lucas flew onto the roof and squawked loudly at the other peculiar son the roof. He was curious as to what was going on.

message 35: by Anastacia (new)

Kenneth looked around, his eyes going wild. He felt so useless, as he couldn't tell them the wights were coming until it was definite.

"Kenneth, I know you can't talk right now a5md that's okay, all we need is a nod. Do you feel something?" Hanna asked, kneeling in front of Kenneth.

Kenneth gave the slightest nod, he trusted Hanna more then anyone else, because they had spent years together at their previous loop.

message 36: by Carson (new)

Carson | 101 comments Lucas squawked again at Hanna and motioned toward the bell on the roof that someone's all of the Peculiar's. He knew whatever Kenneth was about to say would impact everyone.

message 37: by Anastacia (new)

Hanna shook her head, looking at Lucas "We don't know for sure yet, it's better not to worry everyone" She responded to him.

message 38: by Carson (new)

Carson | 101 comments Lucas nodded and looked away from Kenneth so he could speak. He looked at his sharp little claws and dug them into the roof

message 39: by Anastacia (new)

Hanna looked at everyone on the roof, letting out a sigh. Apart from her and Kenneth, it seemed no one else understood how Kenneth's powers worked. "Okay...So I guess it's never been explained to any of you. Kenneth's powers are very strange, even by our standards. He can only talk when something bad is going to happen, but it has to be a for sure thing. Right now it's not definite so he still can't talk" Hanna explained.

message 40: by Carson (new)

Carson | 101 comments Lucas nodded and itched his head. He knew it was strange with him staying as a bird but it was easier for him to move around and if he changed back he'd be completely naked and that's not the impression he would want to leave with the new girl

Jane Isles-Rizzoli Skye nodded taking that all in and moved her feet as she sat down again, swinging them in a bored manner. She sighed then looked at Lucas. "You live here too huh?" She asked with a smile.

message 42: by Carson (new)

Carson | 101 comments Lucas nodded his head slowly to say yes. He seemed to chirp out a chuckle. I really hope she doesn't thing I'm just some crazy animal. he wandered over to her slowly

Jane Isles-Rizzoli Skye smiled at Lucas then looked out to the distance, focusing on keeping the Vibrations that she felt throughout her calm so she didn't quake the place to the ground.

message 44: by Carson (new)

Carson | 101 comments Lucas looked around and saw his sister walk out on the roof with a bag of clothes. He squawked happily at her glad he could finally change back. He flew over to her and took the bag from her hands flying to a spot to get changed.

Sophia shook her head and sat down on the roof looking at the skies." Sorry about my birdbrained brother." She told Skye softly

Jane Isles-Rizzoli "Its, fine, He's not that much of a bird brain, my brothers more so then yours is and he manipulates electricity." Skye said with a smile and a shrug.

message 46: by Carson (new)

Carson | 101 comments " How are you liking the house so far?" Sophia asked her smiling. She was glad to have someone to talk to about things." My brother spits out bees.." she chuckled softly.

Lucas growled softly revealing himself." Wow how nice sis." He grinned softly glad she was so supportive of his bees. He shook his head softly and sat down looking at his hands

message 47: by Jane Isles-Rizzoli (last edited Oct 07, 2016 11:03PM) (new)

Jane Isles-Rizzoli "Pretty cool. So far at least." Skye told her smiling "That's kinda cool" She admitted to the bee's thing.

message 48: by Carson (new)

Carson | 101 comments "We were raised by a bear for awhile when we were thirteen.. Lucas enjoyed eating honey and now he uses his bees and the fact that he can change into a lot of different animals to his advantage." Isabella looked over at Lincoln curiously.

Lucas shook his head and ran his hands through his hair slowly. He loved his bees and he loved being to turn into an animal whenever he needed to.

message 49: by Jane Isles-Rizzoli (last edited Oct 08, 2016 12:04PM) (new)

Jane Isles-Rizzoli Skye smiled."So, Lucas, can you show me one of your other animal forms?" She asked curiously.

Lincoln looked up at Skye, the small strings of electricity once again dancing around his fingers.

message 50: by Carson (new)

Carson | 101 comments "Oh yeah I can." Lucas smiled and closed his eyes focusing his mind on a different form. His body changed quickly as he turned into a lion. He shook his mane out and looked over at Skye.

« previous 1