Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Unfeeling
This topic is about Unfeeling
Adding New Books > "Claiming" a book as mine

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by J.D. (new)

J.D. Brink | 28 comments Someone has been nice enough to add this book of mine to GR, but it doesn't seem to show up on my author's homepage as a book on my list. How do I "claim it" as the author?
Thanks.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

message 2: by Abcdarian (last edited Oct 03, 2016 01:32PM) (new)

Abcdarian | 20080 comments Those and several others were auto-imports on a profile with a space between initials. Moved to your profile, tag-teaming with another librarian. :-)

message 3: by J.D. (new)

J.D. Brink | 28 comments Yes, my understanding was that on GR there is no space, but when i publish my books i have the space. so the computer auto-added them but was confused by the space and failed to attach them to me?
Makes sense I guess. THanks!

message 4: by J.D. (new)

J.D. Brink | 28 comments So is that going to be an on-going issue? Because I have a lot more books to publish in the next several years...

message 5: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 24805 comments Yes, it will be an on-going issue.

You can either change the way you publish or just advise us here and a librarian will fix it for you. It's a very easy edit.

message 6: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (mvalente89) | 1763 comments You can also add the book as soon as you know the ISBN or ASIN which will attach the book to the correct profile and prevent an auto-import putting the book in the wrong place.