Flights of Fantasy discussion

The Wolves of London (Obsidian Heart, #1)
This topic is about The Wolves of London
Archived Group Reads > October 2016 - Fantasy: Wolves of London by Mark Norris

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by colleen the convivial curmudgeon, Not a book hipster! (new) - rated it 1 star

colleen the convivial curmudgeon (blackrose13) | 2976 comments Our fantasy pick for October. More urban fantasy than Halloweeny... but there's same horrorish aspects to it. Kinda, sorta... ;)

Mark spoilers with < spoiler> tags! < /spoiler >

message 2: by colleen the convivial curmudgeon, Not a book hipster! (new) - rated it 1 star

colleen the convivial curmudgeon (blackrose13) | 2976 comments Has anyone started reading this?

I actually started it in September... but I haven't finished it.

message 3: by MrsJoseph *grouchy*, Bad Girls Deadlift (new) - added it

MrsJoseph *grouchy* (mrsjoseph) | 5312 comments I'm waiting for my library borrow to come in...

:-(

message 4: by MrsJoseph *grouchy*, Bad Girls Deadlift (new) - added it

MrsJoseph *grouchy* (mrsjoseph) | 5312 comments Ok. Started.

message 5: by colleen the convivial curmudgeon, Not a book hipster! (new) - rated it 1 star

colleen the convivial curmudgeon (blackrose13) | 2976 comments Cool. I'll be curious to hear what you think.

message 6: by MrsJoseph *grouchy*, Bad Girls Deadlift (new) - added it

MrsJoseph *grouchy* (mrsjoseph) | 5312 comments Well, let's just say it's super easy to put down.

O_O

I saw your star. Didn't enjoy it much?

message 7: by colleen the convivial curmudgeon, Not a book hipster! (new) - rated it 1 star

colleen the convivial curmudgeon (blackrose13) | 2976 comments I actually bailed on it.

I tried... but, like you said, super easy to put down. And then I read in some reviews that it's a cliffhanger and you don't even get any resolution.

But I didn't want to bias people against starting it. ^_^

message 8: by MrsJoseph *grouchy*, Bad Girls Deadlift (new) - added it

MrsJoseph *grouchy* (mrsjoseph) | 5312 comments LOL

I was about to bail but remembered you were reading so...

You know, this thread is the only discussion for this book... hmmmmmm

message 9: by colleen the convivial curmudgeon, Not a book hipster! (new) - rated it 1 star

colleen the convivial curmudgeon (blackrose13) | 2976 comments How far have you gotten?

message 10: by MrsJoseph *grouchy*, Bad Girls Deadlift (new) - added it

MrsJoseph *grouchy* (mrsjoseph) | 5312 comments like 20 pgs

you?

message 11: by colleen the convivial curmudgeon, Not a book hipster! (new) - rated it 1 star

colleen the convivial curmudgeon (blackrose13) | 2976 comments 80%

I was trying to push through, since I'd nominated it and all...

message 12: by MrsJoseph *grouchy*, Bad Girls Deadlift (new) - added it

MrsJoseph *grouchy* (mrsjoseph) | 5312 comments colleen the fabulous fabulaphile wrote: "80%

I was trying to push through, since I'd nominated it and all..."

Woooow!

And here I was feeling like a martyr because I wanted to put it down 10 pages ago.

O_O

You're the real MVP of this read.

message 13: by colleen the convivial curmudgeon, Not a book hipster! (new) - rated it 1 star

colleen the convivial curmudgeon (blackrose13) | 2976 comments

message 14: by Felina (last edited Oct 29, 2016 06:38AM) (new)

Felina | 821 comments Hmmm so not a winner eh?

message 15: by colleen the convivial curmudgeon, Not a book hipster! (new) - rated it 1 star

colleen the convivial curmudgeon (blackrose13) | 2976 comments Felina wrote: "Hmmm so not a winner eh?"

Actually, Felina, we're just messing. It's totally awesome. You should read it. :D

message 16: by MrsJoseph *grouchy*, Bad Girls Deadlift (new) - added it

MrsJoseph *grouchy* (mrsjoseph) | 5312 comments colleen the fabulous fabulaphile wrote: "Felina wrote: "Hmmm so not a winner eh?"

Actually, Felina, we're just messing. It's totally awesome. You should read it. :D"

Yes, totally.