2016 Choose Your Own Challenge Challenge discussion

Weekly Updates > Week 40- Oct 3

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tara (new)

Tara Bates | 195 comments Mod
I'm starting to wonder if I'll make it this year! It's definitely been a slow one for me for reading. I do have a couple on the go now and one in particular is on my phone so I'm getting through a few pages here and there while nursing through the night or just holding the baby because he doesn't like to be put down to sleep. I also got Margaret Atwoods new boom and am looking forward to starting it.

message 2: by Mandy (new)

Mandy | 89 comments Good morning everyone.

I have been doing pretty good with my challenge. I completed the total number of books a few weeks back (30) and now actively searching for books that fit my last few prompts.
Recently I have read The Little Paris Bookshop, The Girls' Guide to Hunting and Fishing and reread one of my all time favourites The Godfather.

How far are you away from finishing Tara?

message 3: by Tara (new)

Nice Mandy! I actually have read 21 of 30, nine books will be right but it is doable if I stick to books I actually want to finish lol I am not sure I'll get all of my prompts done but hopefully I will get close to my 30.

message 4: by Katherine (new)

Katherine (kiik) Last week, I finished The Silkworm (murder mystery). Just like the first in the series, it took me a bit to really get into it, because that's not really my genre, but I still enjoyed it and plan to continue the series.

My overall progress has slowed down again, but hopefully it'll pick back up again.

message 5: by Tara (new)

Is that a Robert Galbraith one? I read the cuckoo's calling last year and really enjoyed it :)

message 6: by Charline (last edited Oct 05, 2016 08:33AM) (new)

Charline (charline84) | 80 comments Hi all, last week I finished Tuesdays with Morrie a real quick, easy read. Even though the book is dealing with death, I found it sweet, gentle and warm.

Although I gave myself the challenge of 30 books for the year, I did 42 last year and hoped to do similar this year. I think I'm on book 41 and have a few to pick up from the library. So should finish strongly.

message 7: by Tara (new)

That is great charline! I read the five people you meet in heaven and really liked it, quick and easy too. Maybe I'll check out tuesdays with morrie too