Beta Reader Group discussion

PAID services offered > Proofreading, Copyediting, and Developmental Editing Services Available

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nadene (new)

Nadene Seiters | 4 comments Hello, and welcome to my post! This is a repost of my services with some upgrades and a few more detailed explanations. Therefore, my last post was deleted by yours truly in order to keep the forum clean.

First, let me tell you a little about myself and my experience. I am a freelance developmental editor, copy editor, and proofreader who is a member of the Editorial Freelancer’s Association. Therefore, I charge their average rates for my services because who wants to devalue their industry, right? I’ve had many years of experience editing, which all began when I was in college and approached by my peers to edit their academic papers. This experience made me perfect for editing academic papers, which I still do from time to time, but it wasn’t until I began self-educating myself and taking courses on editing that I realized I wanted to be a manuscript editor.

Thus, I began vigorously applying for positions at publishing houses and ended up landing a few freelance editing positions from a few small publishers. After my experience with them, I branched out to freelancing websites, which I’m still a part of, and now I’m reaching out to indie authors who are hoping to self-publish. I have a soft spot for indie authors because I believe many have amazing ideas that ought to be shared with the world, but they’re put down immediately by internet trolls who scour their work for one single grammatical error, and then they trash it.

While I cannot guarantee someone won’t trash your novel for one reason or another, I can guarantee a professional will be looking at your manuscript for any and all errors in grammar, word usage, spelling, punctuation, and the like. I’ll work hard to turn your manuscript into a publishable novel, whether you’re sending it off to a publishing house or you’re going to self-publish.

So without further ado, here’s the summary of what I will do for you and what it costs. We’ll start with the least expensive and work our way up because I’d hate to scare anyone away.

Proofreading – 9-13 manuscript pages per hour - $0.005 per word

Proofreading involves the following services:

- Checking for obvious grammatical errors, spelling errors, typos, punctuation errors, and word usage errors.

Copyediting – 9-11 manuscript pages per hour - $0.01 per word

Copyediting involves the following services:

- Checking for all grammatical errors, spelling errors, typos, word usage errors, syntax, punctuation errors, tense errors, and sentence structure. By the time I’m done with your manuscript, it will be polished and clean.

Developmental Editing – 1-5 manuscript pages per hour - $0.02 per word

Developmental editing will take a little longer and involves the following services:

- Checking for plot holes, character development, and overall flow of the manuscript.

- Developmental editors do not copy edit, but I can copy edit for an additional $0.005 per word if you’re already hiring me for developmental editing.

Those are the three forms of editing I perform. If you’d like to learn more about me, please visit my site at http://nseiters.wix.com/writer-editor.... I can provide references upon request from authors I have worked with in the past.

Thank you for reading my post, if you made it this far, and please feel free to send me a message via this site or my email (nadeneseiters@gmail.com) at any time. I’ll be sure to answer you as soon as I can.

~ Nadene Seiters

message 2: by Sam (new)

Sam Browne | 1 comments Hi! I've emailed you :)

message 3: by Nadene (new)

Nadene Seiters | 4 comments I still have a few spots open in October.

message 4: by Nadene (new)

Nadene Seiters | 4 comments For the following thirty days, I'm offering a 25% discount for any new clients who sign a contract for editing. This offer is open from Friday, October 21, 2016 to Sunday, November 20, 2016. It doesn't matter how small or large the order is, the discount stands. Message me with the word count of your manuscript, and I will send you a message or an email back with my quote for your project.

Thank you!

message 5: by Nadene (new)

Nadene Seiters | 4 comments It's been a while since I've been here due to finding quite a few clients the last time, but I'm currently looking for new clients for the next month. If you have anything you'd like edited, or you'd just like a sample edit to get a feel for my services, please feel free to send me a private message, email, or a quick shout-out here.

Thanks!