Support for Indie Authors discussion

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carol (new)

Carol Marshall | 102 comments I would like to do a Goodreads promo. Is it possible to do paperback promo with GoodReads if your copies are coming from Createspace? I wanted to do a giveaway once and it said only hard copies not ebooks were accepted.

thank you.
Carol

message 2: by Stephen (new)

Stephen Challis | 15 comments Goodreads givaway only accept paperbacks . If your promo is for a discount then ,you may need to check with them. Createspace is an Amazon company and i believe goodreads is also Amazon. If so i do not see a problem.

message 3: by Morris (new)

Morris Graham (morris_g) When the goodreads giveaway is over, you will be given the names and addresses of the winners. It doesn't matter who prints the book. You ship the book to the winner.

message 4: by Carol (new)

Carol Marshall | 102 comments Ahhh thank you!

message 5: by Ben (new)

Ben Jackson | 86 comments You just need to order the copies through Createspace and have them ready to ship to the winners once Goodreads give them to you. I have all my books sitting here waiting for the contest to end lol!

message 6: by Morris (new)

Morris Graham (morris_g) It can be done two ways. Ship each one straight from Create Space us the cheapest by far, but you can't autograph them. I had a giveaway when I first published my book. I autographed them all, and put a letter basically telling them of my author's journey and about the book. Out of ten giveaways, I got 9 reviews on Amazon.

I do not know if the results would have been less if I had direct-shipped.

message 7: by Morris (new)

Morris Graham (morris_g) I was looking at a box from CS that my last proof copy came in, and I wondered where I could get these boxes, preferably cheap. Then it came to me. Take the proof box, unfold it flat, make a pattern out of it, and cut it out of a cardboard box with a box cutter. Then make all the same folds and you have a free box.

message 8: by Carol (new)

Carol Marshall | 102 comments Morris wrote: "I was looking at a box from CS that my last proof copy came in, and I wondered where I could get these boxes, preferably cheap. Then it came to me. Take the proof box, unfold it flat, make a patter..."

Thank you, I love both those ideas.

message 9: by Carol (new)

Carol Marshall | 102 comments Ben wrote: "You just need to order the copies through Createspace and have them ready to ship to the winners once Goodreads give them to you. I have all my books sitting here waiting for the contest to end lol!"

thank you!

message 10: by Heidi (new)

Heidi Angell (heidiangell) | 241 comments Morris wrote: "I was looking at a box from CS that my last proof copy came in, and I wondered where I could get these boxes, preferably cheap. Then it came to me. Take the proof box, unfold it flat, make a patter..."

That is a really super idea! Thanks for sharing!!