World, Writing, Wealth discussion

43 views
The Lounge: Chat. Relax. Unwind. > Billionaires: high demand, low supply

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nik (new)

Nik Krasno | 13804 comments On top of economic/biz natural ambience, billionaires ('bills') are the super-stars of romance and erotica -:). From Indecent Proposal to 50 shades. Bigger than marines, bad boys and other less wealthy competitors, probably on par with movie and sport stars. Does it reflect that people/(women?) like to dream of bills?
The bills are equally popular in reality and rarely lack attention of another gender.
Do you think the bills are ultimate alpha-males/females?


message 2: by Tara Woods Turner (last edited Oct 03, 2016 10:31AM) (new)

Tara Woods Turner | 2063 comments Nik wrote: "On top of economic/biz natural ambience, billionaires ('bills') are the super-stars of romance and erotica -:). From Indecent Proposal to 50 shades. Bigger than marines, bad boys and other less wea..."

The Bills, lol, I love it. I always suspect there's a lot of insecurity behind all of those lovely dollar bills. But, yeah, I'll buy the alpha thing - given the insane amount of drive and ambition it takes to make it to that level.


message 3: by Zee (new)

Zee Monodee (zee_monodee) | 0 comments LOL! The bills always make me think of the sheikhs, or the princes - the world would be overrun by them if they really existed in those numbers *grin*


message 4: by Nik (new)

Nik Krasno | 13804 comments Billionaires and alphas: tantamount or not necessarily?


message 5: by Holly (new)

Holly (goldikova) Well I can say that dukes are deplorably rare; bills bore me, but if I were a duchess I could exercise my full range of eccentricities without being judged.


message 6: by Scout (new)

Scout (goodreadscomscout) | 5532 comments Cave men protected and provided for their women by having physical power. Bills protect and provide for their women by having financial power. And since there are so few of them, bills get their pick of partners.


message 7: by Nik (new)

Nik Krasno | 13804 comments Holly wrote: "Well I can say that dukes are deplorably rare; bills bore me, but if I were a duchess I could exercise my full range of eccentricities without being judged."

-:)


message 8: by Nik (new)

Nik Krasno | 13804 comments Scout wrote: "Cave men protected and provided for their women by having physical power. Bills protect and provide for their women by having financial power. And since there are so few of them, bills get their pi..."

Forbes' list is growing, encompassing now over 1K individuals, most of which are male, but still unable to cope with rising demand -:)
Conveniently, Forbes even keeps track of their matrimonial status:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/luisakro...


message 9: by Scout (new)

Scout (goodreadscomscout) | 5532 comments One has to wonder about these guys. Maybe they get to choose whomever they want. But if you have that much money, do you ever know why a woman is with you? Aren't you always wondering if she really loves you? If she's in it for the money? Not always an enviable position.


message 10: by Nik (new)

Nik Krasno | 13804 comments Scout wrote: "If she's in it for the money? Not always an enviable position...."

Yep, sometimes the fulcrum of the relations isn't clear, however some must be prepared to settle for a marriage 'transaction'


message 11: by Scout (new)

Scout (goodreadscomscout) | 5532 comments I've been thinking about this: some people have brains; some people have talent; some people have natural skills; some people have beauty. Everyone uses his/her assets to make a living. I don't think much of people who trade on their looks to snag a rich mate, but I guess they're using their assets as we all do. As long as they're up front about this transaction, is it OK? Still smacks of prostitution to me.


message 12: by Nik (new)

Nik Krasno | 13804 comments Scout wrote: "I don't think much of people who trade on their looks to snag a rich mate, but I guess they're using their assets as we all do...."

Being unromantic is not a crime, but I guess some won't perceive it very positively.. While some others maybe believe that a success, measured in monetary units, is a defining feature of manhood. And with bills entering politics sometimes, it can just open up unexpected, exciting venues...


message 13: by Scout (new)

Scout (goodreadscomscout) | 5532 comments I'm not understanding that last part about the bills and how it applies


message 14: by Nik (new)

Nik Krasno | 13804 comments As long as I can still sometimes understand myself - I can try to explain-:)
Take Melania, for example, who 'just' married a billionaire, but ended up being the first lady - an unexpected twist and maybe something she's not too happy with.
And Hillary too - not satisfied with playing the same role and aspiring for The First American


back to top