Support for Indie Authors discussion

Archived Workshop No New Posts > How to Make a Book Trailer

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elliot (new)

Elliot Brooks | 10 comments Hello everyone!

If you're interested in making a book trailer, here's a whole playlist on YouTube that shows you how. Hope you find it helpful!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...

message 2: by Thomas (new)

Thomas Everson (authorthomaseverson) | 424 comments Much appreciated, because I'm looking at that very idea. I'll take a look after I get home tonight.

message 3: by Elliot (new)

Elliot Brooks | 10 comments You're very welcome! I hope it helps

message 4: by Dwayne, Head of Lettuce (last edited Oct 04, 2016 07:41PM) (new)

Dwayne Fry | 4333 comments Mod
Watched them the other day. I have been putting off my trailer as I need the exact right style of music and there is so little to chose from through royalty free music. But, in one of your videos, you brought up that YouTube has music for use. I checked today and found a song I think will work. I'd forgotten about it as it was a feature they were just rolling out shortly before I quit YouTube and there wasn't much music to choose from back then.

message 5: by C.L. (new)

C.L. Lynch (cllynchauthor) | 316 comments Ah, this came too late for me. Just published mine yesterday! I am okay with my trailer though, I like it.

message 6: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (kesia) | 16 comments Thank you. I have been turning over ideas for a book trailer for a month, and this is a great help.

message 7: by Thomas (new)

Thomas Everson (authorthomaseverson) | 424 comments I watched the video and found it helpful. I still need to get my assets together but once I do I'll have a good foundation for starting. Thanks again!

message 8: by J. (new)

J. Giresi | 2 comments Great advice. Thanks

message 9: by Beth (new)

Beth Hallman (BethHallman) | 2 comments Thank you! This is super helpful, friend.

message 10: by Dorothy (new)

Dorothy Bennett (alysblugwn) | 47 comments Thanks for posting this! I've always wondered how people make book trailers, but I didn't have a clue. Now I get the picture! Great!

message 11: by Elliot (new)

Elliot Brooks | 10 comments Thomas wrote: "I watched the video and found it helpful. I still need to get my assets together but once I do I'll have a good foundation for starting. Thanks again!"

That's so great to hear! If you do end up making one, you should share the link. I'd love to see it! :)

message 12: by Elliot (new)

Elliot Brooks | 10 comments Dwayne wrote: "Watched them the other day. I have been putting off my trailer as I need the exact right style of music and there is so little to chose from through royalty free music. But, in one of your videos, ..."

Oh, I'm glad you found something! What's the song your considering using?

message 13: by Elliot (new)

Elliot Brooks | 10 comments C.L. wrote: "Ah, this came too late for me. Just published mine yesterday! I am okay with my trailer though, I like it."

Oh, you should share the link! I love watching book trailers! :D

message 14: by Elliot (new)

Elliot Brooks | 10 comments Kayla wrote: "Thank you. I have been turning over ideas for a book trailer for a month, and this is a great help."

Glad to hear it!!!

message 15: by Elliot (new)

Elliot Brooks | 10 comments J. wrote: "Great advice. Thanks "

You're very welcome :)

message 16: by Elliot (new)

Elliot Brooks | 10 comments Beth wrote: "Thank you! This is super helpful, friend."

I'm so happy it was helpful! You're welcome :D

message 17: by Elliot (new)

Elliot Brooks | 10 comments Dorothy wrote: "Thanks for posting this! I've always wondered how people make book trailers, but I didn't have a clue. Now I get the picture! Great!"

That's wonderful to hear! I had no idea either and I figured I couldn't be the only one!

message 18: by John (new)

John Lefevere (johnlefevere) | 21 comments Very timely topic for me - I commissioned a book trailer over the summer which I just posted on YouTube today, after spending a good part of yesterday setting up my channel (helpful hints for both available - where else - but as YouTube videos by private parties), Mine was a unique situation because I wrote an ebook thriller and historical mystery novel about the Thousand Islands, NY which involved action on the St Lawrence River, antique wooden boats and much more. As it happened, a local videography company had drone footage that fit somewhat into the story line and the wife (who read the book) in the husband/wife team has done voiceover work for commercial ads they did. I think that the result will be well received. I'll post a link to the YouTube channel & the video if you all are interested - but the bottom line is that a book trailer is possible if you work it right.