2-3-4 Challenge discussion

Archives - Monthly Reading Plans > Debbie's Reading Plan - October 2016

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Deb (last edited Oct 28, 2016 05:15AM) (new)

Deb (deb605) October
What is on the agenda so far

Series Continued
Alone In the Dark (Cincinnati)★★★★
Born in Fire (Concannon Sisters Trilogy)★★
Born in Ice (Concannon Sisters Trilogy)
Skin Deep (I-Team) ★★★★
Forbidden (Southern Comfort) ★★★★

TBR Pile
Distant Shores
Summer Island
Bridge of Scarlet Leaves DNF ★★
The Union Street BakeryDNF ★
Angel Falls★★★★
Every Last One
The Invention of Wings

Audiobooks
The Light Between Oceans
The Liar

message 2: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 10527 comments Mod
Wow! I didn't realize you were that current in the Karen Rose series.

Do you ever listen to books, Debbie? If so, I was going to recommend The Liar in that format.

Nice list!

message 3: by Deb (new)

Deb (deb605) Jonetta wrote: "Wow! I didn't realize you were that current in the Karen Rose series.

Do you ever listen to books, Debbie? If so, I was going to recommend The Liar in that format.

Nice list!"

Oh yes I binge read the Karen Rose series until I was done, love that series.
Yes I listen to audiobooks I'm listening to The Light Between Oceans by M.L. Stedman right now, thanks for the suggestion.

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) | 2440 comments Enjoy, I see many there I want to read. I liked The Liar on audio too!

message 5: by Deb (new)

Deb (deb605) That settles it then, I'll be listening to The Liar on audio.

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) | 2440 comments yay! Enjoy it, Debbie. I liked this one.

message 7: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 4083 comments Mod
It's been ages since I read the Concannon Sisters. They were my first Nora Roberts books :0)

message 8: by Deb (last edited Oct 13, 2016 04:26PM) (new)

Deb (deb605) I finished Alone In the Dark and loved it, here is my review https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 9: by Jonetta (new)

Debbie wrote: "I finished Alone In the Dark and loved it, here is my review https://www.goodreads.com/review/edit..."

Debbie, you've got the wrong link.

message 10: by Deb (new)

Deb (deb605) Jonetta wrote: "Debbie wrote: "I finished Alone In the Dark and loved it, here is my review https://www.goodreads.com/review/edit..."

Debbie, you've got the wrong link."

Thank you!

message 11: by Deb (last edited Oct 18, 2016 01:48PM) (new)

Deb (deb605) I finished Born in Fire and did not enjoy it at all so I doubt I will read the second book in the series.

message 12: by Jonetta (new)

You read the third book first? Many have issues with this one. The best one in the series is the second book and it's really good.

message 13: by Jonetta (new)

Did you mean Born in Fire? I didn't like the heroine at all. Please read the second book!!

message 14: by Deb (new)

Deb (deb605) Yes I did thanks for pointing that out. I didn't like Maggie one bit, but did enjoy Brianna so I may read the second book just to read more about her story.

message 15: by Jonetta (new)

I disliked her so much I wanted Rogan to just let her go. You'll love Brianna's story.

message 16: by Deb (new)

Deb (deb605) :) glad I'm not the only one!

message 17: by Jonetta (new)

My sisters-in-law recommended the series and if it hadn't been for them, I wouldn't have continued into the next book so I know how you feel.

message 18: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 4083 comments Mod
Debbie wrote: "I finished Born in Fire and did not enjoy it at all so I doubt I will read the second book in the series."

Sorry you didn't enjoy the first book, but as Jonetta says the heroine rubs many readers the wrong way.

I actually started with book #3 and loved it (this was back in the days before Kindle and I relied on the used book store).

message 19: by Deb (new)

Deb (deb605) Lauren wrote: "Debbie wrote: "I finished Born in Fire and did not enjoy it at all so I doubt I will read the second book in the series."

Sorry you didn't enjoy the first book, but as Jonetta says t..."

I also loved book 3 and I am going to give book 2 a try because Jonetta has never steered me wrong.

message 20: by Deb (new)

message 21: by Jonetta (new)

Debbie wrote: "I also loved book 3 and I am going to give book 2 a try because Jonetta has never steered me wrong...."

Pressures on!

message 22: by Deb (new)

Deb (deb605) Finished Every Last One by Anna Quindlen here is my review https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...