Livingston Parish Library discussion

What Are You Reading? > It's Scary Book Season!

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emma (new)

Emma James-Wilson (ejwilson10) | 63 comments Hello everyone! It's October and the official beginning of fall. Now that cooler weather is hopefully on the horizon, it's time to start getting ready for Halloween! Whether your speed is wandering through the pumpkin patch, visiting a haunted house, or staying at home waiting for it all to pass, scary books tend to make an appearance this time of year. Do you have a favorite scary book or author that you like to read this time of year? Join this discussion below!

message 2: by Emma (new)

Emma James-Wilson (ejwilson10) | 63 comments Disclaimer: Halloween is my favorite holiday. Therefore, I tend to read in the paranormal and horror genres year-round. My absolute favorite author is Stephen King. I have a sentimental attachment to several of his older novels- Salem's Lot, Pet Semetary, and It. All terrifying in their own ways. My grandmother, who was a horror fan, gave me her vintage copies of these novels when I was sixteen and I've loved them ever since. I try to reread at least one in the month of October in her memory.

message 3: by Lonna (new)

Lonna (lonnav) | 2 comments I'm reading "The Bazaar of Bad Dreams" by Stephen King right now! I really like it. It is a bunch of short stories, but before each short story, he talks about the writing process of how the story came to be. Perfect for the Halloween season!