Behold the Dreamers Behold the Dreamers discussion

Film Adaptation

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Megan I heard that the film rights to this novel have already been sold. I would love to see Mahershala Ali as Jende and Lupita Nyong'o as Neni.

Vanessa Morales I would love to see this compelling novel be adapted into a film! I think the fact that Oprah Winfrey selected this book for her book club and praised it so much makes it reasonable for her to start the production of a movie adaptation. I think the themes of the story remain relevant till this day, so a movie based on this book would most likely be very successful at the Box Office.

Allison13 I think this would make a great movie as long as they don't deviate from the book.

Federico Mauccione Megan wrote: "I heard that the film rights to this novel have already been sold. I would love to see Mahershala Ali as Jende and Lupita Nyong'o as Neni."

I pictured Mahershala as Jende as soon as I started the book! This would be so neat. Although I pictured Neni played by Jessica Williams, might have some recency bias there because I had just finished watching 'The Incredible Jessica James' for the 100th time.