Goodreads Authors/Readers discussion

XI. Misc > Readers and Writers Blog post

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Denise (new)

Denise Baer | 321 comments Hello All,

I’m planning to do a blog post regarding writers and readers. It’s to help promote reading along with promoting the authors. I’ve done other author promotions. Here is an example of one from February - http://baerbookspress.com/writing/firstopening-lines-of-fiction-novels/.

This is a two-part request.

First Part

1) Self-published authors with an author website, and are published in paperback and eBook format.
2) Writers must be willing to submit a free copy of their book to the reader in the format of their choosing at their own expense.
3) Readers are willing to read and provide an honest review of the book within a month.
4) Writers are willing to accept an honest review—good or bad.

Second Part

1) Readers and writers are willing to have their submitted questions posted on my blog. I have 12 questions for each. These questions are regarding reading and writing.

If this is something you want to do, please send me a PM. I’ll ask you a few questions, request your email address, and then send you the questions. I’m hoping to get at least 10 writers and readers.

Thanks for your interest.
Denise Baer

message 2: by Ju (new)

Ju Ephraime (juephraime) | 96 comments Denise wrote: "Hello All,

I’m planning to do a blog post regarding writers and readers. It’s to help promote reading along with promoting the authors. I’ve done other author promotions. Here is an example of one..."

Hi Denise:

I'm interested in doing this.

Let me know,

Thanks

message 3: by Denise (new)

Denise Baer | 321 comments Hi Ju,

Sorry, I didn't see this until now.

Are you published in paperback and eBook format? Are you willing to send out a paperback anywhere if that's the format the reader wants?

Please send me an PM.

Thanks.
Denise

message 4: by Denise (new)

Denise Baer | 321 comments I'd like to mention that I could use more readers for this blog post. If any of this sounds like something you'd want to do, please send me a PM.

Have a great weekend!

message 5: by Ju (new)

Ju Ephraime (juephraime) | 96 comments Denise wrote: "Hi Ju,

Sorry, I didn't see this until now.

Are you published in paperback and eBook format? Are you willing to send out a paperback anywhere if that's the format the reader wants?

Please send..."

No, I won't mail paperback anywhere, not even in the U.S. I give only ebooks, if that's not good enough, I understand. I used to buy the books and mail the books, but they ended up on ebay or other sites for sale. I don't do this anymore.

message 6: by Denise (new)

Denise Baer | 321 comments As stated, writers must be willing to send paperback. Well thanks for your interest. Take care.

message 7: by Nihar (new)

Nihar Suthar (niharsuthar) | 386 comments Denise wrote: "Hello All,

I’m planning to do a blog post regarding writers and readers. It’s to help promote reading along with promoting the authors. I’ve done other author promotions. Here is an example of one..."

Denise,

I'm an author, but since you mentioned you're looking for more readers, I would be willing to participate as a reader!

-Nihar
www.niharsuthar.com

message 8: by Denise (new)

Denise Baer | 321 comments That would be great, Nihar. I sent you a PM.

message 9: by Denise (new)

Denise Baer | 321 comments I'm still looking for readers, so if you're interested, please PM me. Thanks much.