Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

196 views
Book Issues > Same author name but not my book

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Lynne (laurenlynne) | 5 comments Dear Librarians,
Can you help? A book has appeared on my author dashboard that is not mine. My Adopted Life is not my book. Please remove ISBN-13: 978-1480836235
ISBN-10: 1480836230 My Adopted Life from my profile.

Thanks so much!


message 2: by Kristina Marie (new)

Kristina Marie | 45 comments Done.


message 3: by Scott (new)

Scott Dorsey | 3 comments Hello, the following book is on my Author's page because one of the authors has the same name as I do. However, it is not my book. I cannot seem to find a way to remove it. I thought the best thing to do would be to post this in here instead of trying to fix it myself and messing something up. Thanks.
(NOT my book)
Audience: Marketing in the Age of Subscribers, Fans and Followers
by Jeffrey K. Rohrs, Scott Dorsey

(My Goodreads Profile Page)
https://www.goodreads.com/author/show...


message 4: by Codex (last edited Oct 02, 2016 10:56PM) (new)

Codex | 3401 comments #3: Removed from your author profile.


message 5: by Bruce (new)

Bruce Russell | 1 comments Hi, I am new to Goodreads as an author. The first of my novels converted into an e-book ("Reunion - a novel") has been listed along with two very serious looking non-fiction books, Intelligence and the National Security Strategist, ed Roger Z George and Beyond the Numbers, ed Laurie Ann Mazur.

I am NOT the Bruce Russell who contributed to both these (no doubt interesting) tombs.


message 6: by Abcdarian (last edited Oct 03, 2016 06:56AM) (new)

Abcdarian | 19392 comments #5 has been done by someone; books are moved.


message 7: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Lynne (laurenlynne) | 5 comments Kristina Marie wrote: "Done."

Lauren wrote: "Dear Librarians,
Can you help? A book has appeared on my author dashboard that is not mine. My Adopted Life is not my book. Please remove ISBN-13: 978-1480836235
ISBN-10: 1480836230 My Adopted Life..."


Thank you very much Kristina!


message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi, I have many books in my author's page, but just one is mine, the others are from an author who has my same name but is not me.
The books are:
A picture of desire, housewife for hire, awakening Sarah, the girl in the red polka dot dress and ageless internet all written by Victoria Hale.
The only book that is mine is the stars never lie.
Can you please delete them from my author's page?


message 9: by Arenda (new)

Arenda | 19976 comments Victoria wrote: "Hi, I have many books in my author's page, but just one is mine, the others are from an author who has my same name but is not me.
The books are:
A picture of desire, housewife for hire, awakening ..."


Moved the books from your profile, as you can see on the list of your books: https://www.goodreads.com/author/list...
Author pages are heavily cached and can take quite some time to update.


message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Arenda wrote: "Victoria wrote: "Hi, I have many books in my author's page, but just one is mine, the others are from an author who has my same name but is not me.
The books are:
A picture of desire, housewife for..."


Thank you


back to top