YA Apocalyptic and Dystopian Fiction discussion

Archived > October-December 2016 Razorland series read.

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amy (DemonKittie), Is Alive! (new)

Amy (DemonKittie) (demonkittie) | 340 comments Mod
We finish this year with the Razorland series.
October: Enclave (Razorland #1)
November: Outpost (Razorland #2)
December: Horde (Razorland #3)
Enclave (Razorland, #1) by Ann Aguirre Outpost (Razorland, #2) by Ann Aguirre Horde (Razorland, #3) by Ann Aguirre

Please join me in reading this series and I hope you enjoy it.

message 2: by Monique (new)

Monique (perigrine) | 3 comments oh yes, I have read the first one. I didn't know the next two were out :D

message 3: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Law I did read these, but a while ago so my memory is fuzzy. But I do remember, at least from the first book, wondering why all the survivors appeared to be (or were described to be) white.

message 4: by Marianne (new)

Marianne (mariannegie) | 27 comments Victoria wrote: "I did read these, but a while ago so my memory is fuzzy. But I do remember, at least from the first book, wondering why all the survivors appeared to be (or were described to be) white."

I read the first last month and am working on the second now, and I don't recall much physical description at all. I would expect the people in the underground enclaves to grow paler over the generations as they have no need for melanin to protect them from the sun, but I don't think they can have gone too many generations down that path, given that (view spoiler).

message 5: by Ivonna (new)

Ivonna (ivycity) | 3 comments I really loved this series. I actually read these books maybe 3 years ago along with the novella that was published. Very good reads. Am I the only person that fell in love with Fade from day 1?

message 6: by Marianne (new)

Marianne (mariannegie) | 27 comments Is anyone else reading along. I've been enjoying this trilogy more than I though I would, and I'm interested to see this month how things get resolved in Horde. Outpost ended on a bit of a cliffhanger!

message 7: by Marianne (new)

Marianne (mariannegie) | 27 comments Ivonna wrote: "I really loved this series. I actually read these books maybe 3 years ago along with the novella that was published. Very good reads. Am I the only person that fell in love with Fade from day 1?"

I was trying to remember...I don't think I was taken with him right away, but he's definitely grown on me. He certainly didn't deserve what happened to him in book 2.

message 8: by Marianne (new)

Marianne (mariannegie) | 27 comments Has anyone read The Day Boy and the Night Girl? George MacDonald was born in December, so I picked it this month for a birthday challenge in another group. It's a fairy tale, pretty short and easy to read. I'm interested to see how far Ann Aguire takes the parallel in book three.

message 9: by Kate (new)

Kate | 4 comments This is the series that started my obsession with Dystopian books! I am going to reread and join the discussion! Before I go I will say that I didn't get much of an ethnicity description for the characters. Also, it took me quite a while into the series before I could warm up to Fade. Hard to shake a first impression.

message 10: by Marianne (new)

Marianne (mariannegie) | 27 comments I just finished the last one today, and I was pleased with the way it ended.